Update on dredging/larger ships?

skiiergirl

I have read where AD OTS is not currently stopping at St Lucia. Apparently this is due to a dredging project which will then allow the larger ships to get in. So my questions are:

1. What is the projected date to complete the project?

2. What is the projected date for AD to be able to port there again ? (If it is before the final completion)

3. Which of the larger ships are rumored to go there after completion? (I say rumored because no one knows until they are booked at the port.😀)

I have read where AD OTS is not currently stopping at St Lucia. Apparently this is due to a dredging project which will then allow the larger ships to get in. So my questions are:

1. What is the projected date to complete the project?

2. What is the projected date for AD to be able to port there again ? (If it is before the final completion)

3. Which of the larger ships are rumored to go there after completion? (I say rumored because no one knows until they are booked at the port.)

Hahaha, projected completed date is funny. It's "projected" to be completed in time for cruise season next fall, usually around November when it ramps up. Whether it will be is anyone's wild guess, particularly as the actual construction didn't begin till late May, later than projected to begin.

It's being dredged and built with the intention to accommodate ships such as QM2, Anthem, etc.

I'm guessing you mean Adventure of the Seas by AD? If so, no reason it can't dock at the other pier as its sister ships do, as do other ships such as Royal Princess, etc. Scheduling conflicts may be a problem short term though..

Keep an eye in your cruise line's itineraries, and the SLASPA site (St Lucia Air and Seaport Authority).

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

Hahaha, projected completed date is funny. It's "projected" to be completed in time for cruise season next fall, usually around November when it ramps up. Whether it will be is anyone's wild guess, particularly as the actual construction didn't begin till late May, later than projected to begin.

It's being dredged and built with the intention to accommodate ships such as QM2, Anthem, etc.

I'm guessing you mean Adventure of the Seas by AD? If so, no reason it can't dock at the other pier as its sister ships do, as do other ships such as Royal Princess, etc. Scheduling conflicts may be a problem short term though..

Keep an eye in your cruise line's itineraries, and the SLASPA site (St Lucia Air and Seaport Authority).

Sorry....yes....AD=Adventure. I forgot I wasn't on the "RC main board"! Thanks so much for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

I really busted out laughing over your "completed date" remark. We live in the Caribbean! People don't get the concept of things being done on "Island Time".

Oh and in the Caribbean, construction work NEVER goes on smoothly...jajaja!!

• 4 weeks later...