Carnival Cruising Etiquette 101

wemjam

"because you decided to put the glass you drank out of back under the dispenser and get some more lemonade."

I don't even know what this means. Every restaurant you have been to when they ask if you want more soda, they do exactly what you are referring too. How is this not sanitary? You are just pressing on a plastic bar.

Regarding the dirty dishes outside your door, that is where they want you to put them so that is why people put them there!

If you dont leave a tray in the hallway where is the sh!tty diaper going to go?

Balcony lights rarely if ever need to be turned on but if you do, turn them back off! Some of us like to drink under the stars or prefer low lighting while we are naked .

"because you decided to put the glass you drank out of back under the dispenser and get some more lemonade."

I don't even know what this means. Every restaurant you have been to when they ask if you want more soda, they do exactly what you are referring too. How is this not sanitary? You are just pressing on a plastic bar.

I always reuse my cup because the cup doesn’t come close to the nozzle. If you go to a fast food restaurant, you don’t get a new cup. So I’m not sure why you’d be expected to get a new cup to refill

Now I do understand getting a new plate for the buffet

I sure hope I never get on a cruise ship with this bunch of posters who think that you can get control of a crowd of people from all different parts of the world and many different traditions (social, religious, family, etc) and get them to act according to one set of rules and practices (especially those that you think are the most appropriate). Do a test for me, will you? Make 50 copies for your set of rules, and take them with you on your next cruise. When you see one of them happen, circle that one and walk up to the "offender" and give him the list and explain what it is and that he violated the one that was circled. I am sure that you will have several more to add to the list as well as finding several opportunities to visit the medical center to experience some interesting medical procedures that you probably have never experienced before. Let me know what happens.

Sorry...but I will never use hand sanitizer.

And a 100 pound lady carrying 200 pounds of luggage? Prone to exaggeration are we?

As an RN, I shutter to hear that! I think I use it a million times a day!! Yikes! Please don't cruise my ship! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Regarding the dirty dishes outside your door, that is where they want you to put them so that is why people put them there!

I agree that it is disgusting to leave dirty dishes in the hall! If I have any, I leave them in room for the room steward to remove. I can't believe they would ever suggest to leave them in the hallway.

Straws. Straws are what make that OK.

Main one is rude, young kids running amuck all of the ship. If u wouldn't leave your child unattended in large, public place at home don't here. I agree fully with previous post that many claim their vacation and they enjoy not seeing their kids much all week. Some like to spin they are teaching indepdence or they don't want do what parents are. The ship isn't a babysitter nor everyone else on board. Sad really it is even a problem. Vacation with kids sbe family vacation IMO. Take one without kids if you don't want parent while cruising.

As an RN, I shutter to hear that! I think I use it a million times a day!! Yikes! Please don't cruise my ship! [emoji33]

I'm surprised you didn't quote me since you are a nurse. I'm wondering why you'd rather have my Enema flaking skin fall into the buffet food if I used the hand sanitizer? Doctors orders not to use it.

As far as the balcony light, the first night our neighbor had his on all night. When we saw him in the hall and asked if he knew the balcony light was on. He did not and apologized.

We sit on the Balcony every nite and have a couple glasses of wine..It is one of the reasons we book balcony rooms only....When i tell people how many shooting stars my wife and I have seen in our 40+ cruises people always ask after how many glasses of wine ? It is so relaxing sitting outside at night and when people leave their outside light on it takes away the nite view.(.P.S. some people use the outside light as a nite light.....) I have asked the cabin steward many times to turn off the outside light in the room next to me and have done it, and many people just do not know about the light... And i have also called the room and asked for them to turn it off and people do....

The reason it is not 'sanitary' is because you have had your lips on the cup. When you press it against the bar you are transferring traces of your saliva onto the bar, all ready for the next person who comes along.

As someone said up thread, straws are often used in land restaurants, so your lips do not touch the rim of the cup. It is also a different matter with the machines that have a button to press so that the cup does not have to press the lever.

We sit on the Balcony every nite and have a couple glasses of wine..It is one of the reasons we book balcony rooms only....When i tell people how many shooting stars my wife and I have seen in our 40+ cruises people always ask after how many glasses of wine ? It is so relaxing sitting outside at night and when people leave their outside light on it takes away the nite view.(.P.S. some people use the outside light as a nite light.....) I have asked the cabin steward many times to turn off the outside light in the room next to me and have done it, and many people just do not know about the light... And i have also called the room and asked for them to turn it off and people do....
I have never called, but I was tempted to. So many times the balcony lights are left on all night and it ruins the viewing of the night sky. One of my favorite places is on the balcony.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk