Is anyone booking for 2018 ?

Host Hattie

Just a reminder that to get the OBC by paying for a Future Cruise Credit, you don't have to book the cruise on board. You can just pay for the FCC and when you get home see if you can get the cruise cheaper through a TA.

That's Cunard's own fault that all cabins are not yet sold. I have never seen such yo-yo prices as I have seen for this cruise!

Yes, and I just to mention that the FCC terms and conditions differ, depending on where your booking is placed. Last time I purchase one, it was $300. UK is much less... just another one of those quirks.

Just me then! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, we've booked for October 2018, as it 'll be our Silver Wedding and we wanted to get the particular cruise we wanted organised well in advance. (I've sneaked over from the P&O forum - although we have done more cruises on Cunard in the past , than with P&O)

Yes, and I just to mention that the FCC terms and conditions differ, depending on where your booking is placed. Last time I purchase one, it was $300. UK is much less... just another one of those quirks.

Yes. We pay £50pp but you have to book the cruise within a year and it is non-refundable.

US is $300 good for 4 years I think and totally refundable.

Crazy.

I've done my usual worksheet comparing QM2 transatlantic timings to expose opportunities to visit the UK or the Continent via ship for a week or ten days.

The opportunities for 2018 are:

Eastbound May 17 - 10 days - Westbound June 3

Eastbound June 10 - 7 days - Westbound June 24

Eastbound August 3 - 9 days - Westbound August 19

Eastbound October 7 - 4 days - Westbound October 18

Eastbound October 25 - 3 days - Westbound November 3

In addition there are six roundtrip TAs from New York to Southampton

All of the TAs are seven days in length in 2018 (plus additional days to/from Hamburg and Le Havre where applicable).

I will be looking to book a sector of one of the 2018 world cruises based on prices in the Australia/NZ market.

From experience there are no deals until the previous world cruises are over (in this case, 2017) and they start to focus on the next year.

So, I have no plans to book until mid 2017. Deposits are non-refundable here too, so that is a factor as for others.

Just a reminder that to get the OBC by paying for a Future Cruise Credit, you don't have to book the cruise on board. You can just pay for the FCC and when you get home see if you can get the cruise cheaper through a TA.

That's Cunard's own fault that all cabins are not yet sold. I have never seen such yo-yo prices as I have seen for this cruise!

Thanks Ray66, had not thought about a FCC, will be considering it! And, yes the prices for our cruise have been all over the place. We booked a P2, and the price has been the same, but availability has varied. The suite we were assigned in the end was offered twice after final payment before we got it, which I find a bit strange!

I have a good idea which we will be booking as it is my big birthday with an "O" on the end, so like to have a party onboard. However, I shall wait till we are onboard in November and leave a future cruise deposit and check out the best rates. If not we will have a FCC in place if prices come down. Some of them are pretty high at the moment.

Hi Maggiemou, we have a similar plan. My DH has a big '0' birthday during the holiday we're looking at! Hopefully there will still be some options left to book in November. I can't believe how much is already booked. Which cruise are you on in November? We're on the QE 12 nights in the Canaries.

Hi Maggiemou, we have a similar plan. My DH has a big '0' birthday during the holiday we're looking at! Hopefully there will still be some options left to book in November. I can't believe how much is already booked. Which cruise are you on in November? We're on the QE 12 nights in the Canaries.

Hi Allie I am on the Nov 22 QE cruise for 12 days and staying onboard for the following cruise which is 4 Dec.

May see you onboard. I often hold a meet & greet but not looked into this time. I must check the roll calls.

:)

Hi Maggiemou, wonderful! Enjoy Spain, Morocco, Portugal and the Canaries! What a fabulous tour you will have. We're on the Canaries and Portugal cruise that starts on 7 November so unfortunately we won't cross paths. Enjoy!

Edited by AllieBallie

Emile.... see you on board! When did you book and which cabin did you get?

Hi there. I have started a roll call for the May 10, 2018 QM2 westbound TA. Please join us. You will make three and I will start a list. Thanks. Our cabin is 8049. We booked it last month on an eastbound TA,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50890946&posted=1#post50890946

Edited by emileg

We got married on the QM2 on 8th March 2013 having just left Sydney to circumnavigate New Zealand. It was the best voyage ever - Commodore Christopher Rynd married us and was the captain for the voyage around his native country and gave great insight and commentary to all the passengers.

So, the QM2 is leaving Sydney on 9th March 2018 on a 14 night voyage to Singapore, and I am thinking of booking a 5th anniversay cruise soon as a surprise for my husband.

Just a long flight from the UK to Sydney for somebody who hates flying!

We've booked the 2018 World Cruise on the Queen Elizabeth. Returning to Japan what sold us on this cruise.

We've done 6 crossings on the QM2, but it will be our first time on the QE.

Ricki

Edited by ricki

I'm heavily booked on Crystal for 2018 with both a full world cruise and a Panama Canal cruise in August that will probably be preceded by Alaska on HAL. I've got my eye on either the October or November eastbound transatlantics.

My usual routine is to go east on QM2 and return on a cruise ship (variety is the spice of life), and will give it a lot more thought once more companies have released their schedules. If nothing pans out I may do my first round trip TA on QM2.

Roy

You are very lucky we have to hold our breath and hope on every cruise we book in the UK because even if we cancel week after booking and cruise is still 2 years away we will lose our deposit. At the moment they are doing an offer of 5% deposit but if you cancel you still have to pay and lose the normal 15% deposit.

This is something that makes my blood pressure go up. All that is required by the TA is an email to the ship's company to cancel the cruise, which takes minutes at little cost. I don't know how they justify the 5 % deposit.

I once had a similar problem with a TA when I had to cancel a flight. They reduced the deposit to a reasonable amount.

I have not yet booked anything for 2018, since it seems far away, but when I checked my TA's website today I saw that it's already 'limited availability' already now :confused:. Unusual for Australia and New Zealand (in my opinion).

This is something that makes my blood pressure go up. All that is required by the TA is an email to the ship's company to cancel the cruise, which takes minutes at little cost. I don't know how they justify the 5 % deposit.

I once had a similar problem with a TA when I had to cancel a flight. They reduced the deposit to a reasonable amount.

Nothing to do with the TA it is the law in the UK and it doesnt matter whether its a land based holiday or cruise and whether you have booked through a TA or direct. It is not the TA that keeps the deposit its the company you have booked with. So when you cancel a cruise with Cunard and your deposit is refundable in the UK Cunard keep the deposit which in the UK is 15%

Edited by majortom10

Nothing to do with the TA it is the law in the UK and it doesnt matter whether its a land based holiday or cruise and whether you have booked through a TA or direct. It is not the TA that keeps the deposit its the company you have booked with. So when you cancel a cruise with Cunard and your deposit is refundable in the UK Cunard keep the deposit which in the UK is 15%

Might be different in the UK. Normally a contract is concluded between parties that are directly concerned, be it with money or without. Still the fact remains that the amount of the deposit seems too high compared to the administrative action required to cancel a contract - at least for me.

Edited by Cats2010