Southampton Luggage Storage

tag1000

I just checked my Daily Programmes and found the following:

"Guests who wish to store their luggage before disembarking Queen Mary 2 in Southampton prior to their return voyage in the future may do so with our port agent. Please register at the Purser's Office by 6:00 PM on [Day 5] The cost of this service is $65 per bag for up to 30 days and an additional $30 for the next 30 days. This will be charged to your on board account. You will be provided with a separate luggage tag and your luggage will be transported by the port agent to the Carnival UK storage facility until your return."

- Mark

The Grand Harbour Hotel in Southampton will look after baggage and run a cruise lounge, for all comers, not just residents, in addition to normal hotel facilities. You could make enquiries as to whether they can look after stuff for a week. I have stayed there on a one night pre-cruise stay and they looked after our bags after we had checked out and concierge took us to the quayside in their car for the embarkation. Email enquiries to the manager should help to see if this is a viable option.

Regards John

Yes this storage is available for Cunard passengers for the period between the time of disembarkation at Southampton and rebounding another Cunard ship at Southampton. Not available under other circumstances. I asked about this for our situation arriving on Princess and leaving on the Queen Mary and was turned down. Found other arrangements. There are private storage companies, and they are cheaper than Cunard.