Shareholder benefit continues unchanged

Host Walt

The 90 day limit doesn't show in this document but it does still appear on the request form.

I thought I'd try early and sent my request on 8th October. No reply by today so I phoned them and was told the 90 days still applies then I received a reply to my email which included this statement.

Thank you for forwarding your, brokerage statement. Unfortunately at this time it is too early to be applying the benefits to the booking. Please note a current brokerage statement should be no older than 3 months old from the day of sailing. As your cruise is not sailing until the 25th January 2018 we would require a new shareholder statement which is dated on or after the 25th October 2017.

My next statement will be issued on 1st January 2018 so it will be cutting it fine for a 25th January sailing when it takes 11 days to get a response to my application.

Even using "snail mail" it takes less than a week here in the US for me to see it in my personalizer. Also is there a way that you can get a monthly statement or current report on the investment? You should not have to wait for an annual report.

Why does it take 11 days? My credit showed up on the Cruise Personalizer the day after I faxed in my request this week.

That's the difference between Princess Australia and Princess US.

When I applied for our last cruise I was told I would have to do it through my TA as it would affect my "financials", what ever that meant. I think when the person dealing with it realised they were wrong they got the sh...ts and gave me $99.99 OBC.

I think regular cruises are better informed than Princess Australia staff.

I would tactfully write back and explain to them that there are no time requirements on the official shareholder benefit instruction sheet from CarnivalCorp.com.

I have emailed them the two latest documents. I wonder how long it will take to get a reply.

I have emailed them the two latest documents. I wonder how long it will take to get a reply.

You will not get a reply so keep checking your cruise personalizer where it shows your OBC. I have moved mostly to snail mail and Princess will add it to my cruise usually within a week or so. It all depends on where you live and how long the letter takes to get to Princess and if it arrives during the normal work week or not. They only update your account during normal business hours.

You will not get a reply so keep checking your cruise personalizer where it shows your OBC. I have moved mostly to snail mail and Princess will add it to my cruise usually within a week or so. It all depends on where you live and how long the letter takes to get to Princess and if it arrives during the normal work week or not. They only update your account during normal business hours.

Faxed in my completed stock form yesterday; credit showed up today - 93 days before our cruise!

I faxed mine late last night, followed up with a phone call today and immediately had it posted to my cruise which is only 7 days away, so thankfully the requirement that it be sent in no later than 14 days prior to the cruise didn't apply.

I faxed mine in two days ago and re-faxed yesterday and today 10/20/17 for the 11/13 SFO-Hi. Grand Princess...I also called and spoke with a CSR named Elda who said their fax went down on 10/19/17 early PM PST...I inquired as to my status and of course she had no record of receiving. I used FaxZero the first two fax attempts and both were sent and received according to FaxZero. I faxed again today at a local office supply store. She said she has no idea if faxes sent yesterday PM through today would be received in their system.

I also snail mailed hard copies two days ago from the east coast so should be in Ca. early next week.

Elda told me that it was a Carnival policy that they would not accept email with attached shareholder files. Reason was security. That statement was difficult to digest and since all account numbers are required to be blacked out I cannot understand why the company will not accept email attachment. For a company that prides itself on customer service. The above is no excuse IMHO!!!

That statement was difficult to digest and since all account numbers are required to be blacked out I cannot understand why the company will not accept email attachment. For a company that prides itself on customer service. The above is no excuse IMHO!!!

Suggest you consider electronic issues rather than your account numbers.

That's the difference between Princess Australia and Princess US.

When I applied for our last cruise I was told I would have to do it through my TA as it would affect my "financials", what ever that meant. I think when the person dealing with it realised they were wrong they got the sh...ts and gave me $99.99 OBC.

I think regular cruises are better informed than Princess Australia staff.

The $99.99 has come up a couple of times for us as well, it is a result of the crap IT systems they have and how it deals with the US - AU conversions similar to the webpage. Frustrates the hell out of our PCP when we talk to her but makes us laugh when we get $99.99 for one and $100.01 for the other :rolleyes:

Elda told me that it was a Carnival policy that they would not accept email with attached shareholder files. Reason was security. That statement was difficult to digest and since all account numbers are required to be blacked out I cannot understand why the company will not accept email attachment. For a company that prides itself on customer service. The above is no excuse IMHO!!!

I do not think it was for the security of your information.

I think it is to eliminate the possibility that the e-mail and/or the attachment has a computer virus or worse attached to it. Thus, it is to protect their computer systems.

I do not think it was for the security of your information.

I think it is to eliminate the possibility that the e-mail and/or the attachment has a computer virus or worse attached to it. Thus, it is to protect their computer systems.

Sorry but to use the excuse of protecting their computer systems is a poor excuse, this is the 21st century and email is a standard form of business. If you are not effectively protecting you business IT system to allow your customers to send email attachments then you are not operating in the 21st century. If this is the case I would be more concerned about the security of the information they hold on you the customer because it would most certainly not be secure if they can't even secure their own email service.......

When we bought our stock it was $24.50, and we’ve gotten the OBC many times, we have two cruises coming up soon so will get another $500 plus the stock has more than doubled! Only wish I had bought 1000 shares, we are Elite with Princess and our next two cruises are in Penthouse Suites. Just wish Princess would do away with formal nights as many lines have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we bought our stock it was $24.50, and we’ve gotten the OBC many times, we have two cruises coming up soon so will get another $500 plus the stock has more than doubled! Only wish I had bought 1000 shares, we are Elite with Princess and our next two cruises are in Penthouse Suites. Just wish Princess would do away with formal nights as many lines have.

Isn't hind sight great !

My wife pulls that one on me all the time. ;)

Princess seems to be holding on to the formal routine to make it seem a notch above the other lines when in reality, it's not really enforcing the dress code to any great degree.

It probably increases photo & wine sales tremendously.

Isn't hind sight great !

My wife pulls that one on me all the time. ;)

Princess seems to be holding on to the formal routine to make it seem a notch above the other lines when in reality, it's not really enforcing the dress code to any great degree.

It probably increases photo & wine sales tremendously.

Well even Regent which is a all suite all inclusive luxury line, and used to be very formal has done away with formal nights.

Well even Regent which is a all suite all inclusive luxury line, and used to be very formal has done away with formal nights.

Oh, I really believe it will change some day. They can't remain the only mass market cruise line around noted for being formal when all the others offer it as an optional evening in the DR.

You can definitely see more & more people dressing down on formal nights in the DR.

• 2 weeks later...

For those Aussie Carnival Shareholders watching this thread I've just received an email from Princess Australia confirming that the 90 day conditions still apply in Australia.

This is their reply;

Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises.

Ther US process may differ from our own process.

For us to be able to add the shareholder benefit, the below applied:

Proof of ownership (photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, dividend tax voucher, or a current brokerage statement or nominee statement) must be provided within 90 days (3months) of embarkation.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone sold their stock after getting benefit in Princess account and before cruise? Anyway, to all that are asking or questioning getting the credit. I purchased 100 shares in my Rollover IRA account on Nov 10, 2017 when earnings came out and the stock went down a couple of dollars. Sent in screen shot of account showing the stock and was denied because no name on the screen shot. Then their fax system was down for 4 days. (make sure you call after you fax and they will look up to see if they received it). I faxed it 4 times and they did not receive because of their fax system problems on their end. I waited to get a trade confirmation of the buy and printed that out. It shows my name, address, and purchase. Crossed out the account numbers, buy price, sell price and pretty much everything on the statement but name and CCL 100 shares bought. Finally faxed it in the morning and my credit is now in my Princess account a couple of hours later. Now to decide if I should sell and take the small profit (it is back up again!), wait for the ex-dividend on Nov 24, sell by end of year, or wait for my cruise early next year.

Has anyone sold their stock after getting benefit in Princess account and before cruise? Anyway, to all that are asking or questioning getting the credit. I purchased 100 shares in my Rollover IRA account on Nov 10, 2017 when earnings came out and the stock went down a couple of dollars. Sent in screen shot of account showing the stock and was denied because no name on the screen shot. Then their fax system was down for 4 days. (make sure you call after you fax and they will look up to see if they received it). I faxed it 4 times and they did not receive because of their fax system problems on their end. I waited to get a trade confirmation of the buy and printed that out. It shows my name, address, and purchase. Crossed out the account numbers, buy price, sell price and pretty much everything on the statement but name and CCL 100 shares bought. Finally faxed it in the morning and my credit is now in my Princess account a couple of hours later. Now to decide if I should sell and take the small profit (it is back up again!), wait for the ex-dividend on Nov 24, sell by end of year, or wait for my cruise early next year.[/quote

Can't answer your question about selling the stock after the benefit posts to your account but before your cruise. Has it ever been done? I'm sure it has. In my opinion it violates the spirit of the program - you're given the stockholder OBC based on the premise that you in fact are a stockholder at the time of your cruise. Not trying to be the moral police.....just my opinion. In terms of when/if to sell, most people buy and keep the stock long term, not a day trade type thing. Since its performing well, why not keep it? Unless you don't plan to cruise any CCL line it would seem to make sense to hang onto it.

Has anyone sold their stock after getting benefit in Princess account and before cruise? Anyway, to all that are asking or questioning getting the credit. I purchased 100 shares in my Rollover IRA account on Nov 10, 2017 when earnings came out and the stock went down a couple of dollars. Sent in screen shot of account showing the stock and was denied because no name on the screen shot. Then their fax system was down for 4 days. (make sure you call after you fax and they will look up to see if they received it). I faxed it 4 times and they did not receive because of their fax system problems on their end. I waited to get a trade confirmation of the buy and printed that out. It shows my name, address, and purchase. Crossed out the account numbers, buy price, sell price and pretty much everything on the statement but name and CCL 100 shares bought. Finally faxed it in the morning and my credit is now in my Princess account a couple of hours later. Now to decide if I should sell and take the small profit (it is back up again!), wait for the ex-dividend on Nov 24, sell by end of year, or wait for my cruise early next year.

I agree with what cruiseintoheaven said in his post. If it's like most places where you buy stock, you're going to have to pay a broker's fee when you purchase stock so why spend extra money buying/selling/buying/selling/ etc. before every cruise? Of course if you don't plan to cruise any more that's not a factor but again, the stock is rising o why not stay with a horse that's running well? In the 2 years I've owned my 100 shares, I've made over $260 on dividends, $550 on OBC and have $200 more on OBC scheduled. Not bad for an investment of less than $5000! 20% return on an investment in 2 year not counting a 40% increase in value of the stock. Heck, I wish all my investments would do that well! I'd recommend you keep the stock and reinvest the dividends! But, your desires may differ! In any event, good luck!

Tom

• 4 weeks later...