All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Not complaining. I thought HMC was awesome! Just didn't enjoy the tender process. The food was not very good and that's just a fact.

And you don't have a choice but 1 place to eat.I personally just prefer Grand Turk. HMC is hands down the nicest beach I have ever been to. I thought this was a forum where people wanted honest opinions. So here is my not so real opinion. Half Moon Cay was great!! The tender process was amazing no wait at all and the BBQ lunch was fresh hot and the best food I have ever eaten on planet earth!!

Some minor inconveniences. Make lemonade out of lemons. You'll find it makes for a much more enjoyable cruise.

I know someone one our roll call last week on the Liberty also had prepicked No. 9 and did not receive it when they got to the ship.

I somehow knew some people would be disappointed with CCL's handling of the pre reserved cabana mess.

I will be on the Victory in April and plan on purchasing the alcoholic drinks package (that almost sounds bad...). Will they honor this on HMC or will I have to pay for drinks there?

Thank you everyone for the great information shared here.

HMC is an extension of the ship so the package would be honored there.

I think they are referring to the post from the previous page asking about the drinks package.

I don't believe it can be used on HMC either.

Phew! Thanks. I was lost. I think the you're right.

I was wondering what they were referring to, also. Glad I wasn't the only one. It would be easier if there were quotes included in some posts.

Edited by Typhoon1

So I read on the boards here that a lot of people were able to reserve their Cabana in advance. I emailed shore excursions for Carnival and was turned down. :( I'm really worried that other people were able to reserve one and I will get stuck with a low number.

You can book one, you just can't pick one until you get on board. This has been a bit of confusing problem for Carnival, but that is and has been their policy.

CCL just needs to do the same thing HAL does. Allow people to book a specific cabana online.

For some reason, they seem to resist and would rather have people rush to the Shore Excursion desk upon boarding to choose whatever may be available. :confused::confused::confused:

You can book one, you just can't pick one until you get on board. This has been a bit of confusing problem for Carnival, but that is and has been their policy.

Yeah sorry I wasn't clear. I have already booked it, I was just trying to see if they would let me pick a specific one. I read a thread here where many people had luck emailing shore excursions to reserve their particular cabana in advance but it was a no go for me. I'm just irritated/worried that if so many people had luck doing it in advance I will be stuck with whatever is left even though we will be there way early and should be embarking as soon as possible and plan to go straight to the excursion desk.

What?!?!? What question? So confused.

Sorry, my bad! I should've began with the original quote. Someone incorrectly stated that they would be able to use the all inclusive drinks program (purchased on Carnival) while at HMC. I was responding to that statement by stating that John Heald answered that question on his FB page and said that it CANNOT be used on HMC.

Half Moon Cay beach is really nice. The tender process sucks. It is a short tender ride but we waited over an hour each way. That really cut into beach time. Also the food the serve at the BarBQ was horrible. Wilted slad bar and crappy barbq that had been sitting out. No other food choices due to private island. Again the beach is prestine tho. Glad to hit this stop once but wouldn't book another cruise to see this port. Grand Turk is just as nice beach and you can walk right off the boat and be on the beach in 15 minutes and the same on returning to the boat.

The wait time for the tenders back to ship could be a BIG factor for older passengers, young passengers and those easily effected by sun/heat. The reason being: The line you wait in for the tenders back to ship are/were in the direct Caribbean sun. There was no shade, no misters to wait in. We stood there for about 30 minutes, the day was very hot and humid (duh). Not really a complaint, just something people need to be aware of. I really felt for some passengers. :(

Typhoon1 says make lemonade out of lemons, but this is something passengers need to be aware of, just a fact.

Edited by sccindy

The wait time for the tenders back to ship could be a BIG factor for older passengers, young passengers and those easily effected by sun/heat. The reason being: The line you wait in for the tenders back to ship are/were in the direct Caribbean sun. There was no shade, no misters to wait in. We stood there for about 30 minutes, the day was very hot and humid (duh). Not really a complaint, just something people need to be aware of. I really felt for some passengers. :(

Typhoon1 says make lemonade out of lemons, but this is something passengers need to be aware of, just a fact.

You're right, if you are going to be waiting for one of those last few tenders to leave the island. You could be standing in the hot sun for quite some time. We always make it a point to leave the island two hours before the last tender.

Yes, we all want to spend as much time as possible in paradise, but we'll sacrifice a few hours to beat the long wait in the hot sun. By that time, we've had enough of paradise anyway.

Back on board time was 4:30. We got into the tender line at 2:30. Really wished it could have been a longer port time (Who doesn't, huh??). And in addition to passengers they had to tender crew and supplies both ways too. Alot to do. A very "paradise" day, beautiful beach :)

Back on board time was 4:30. We got into the tender line at 2:30. Really wished it could have been a longer port time (Who doesn't, huh??). And in addition to passengers they had to tender crew and supplies both ways too. Alot to do. A very "paradise" day, beautiful beach :)

We all wish we could stay forever. :D :D

Well, Carnival did have my reservation for 10/31 for Cabana #10. Unfortunately, we didn't call at HMC. We were told on Monday that there was damage from Sandy and we couldn't stop.

But I saw someone else report that HAL did call there on Tuesday.

Anyone know if this is true? I'll be rather upset if we were cancelled but HAL wasn't. :(