Cruise port in Barcelona Spain

Does RCL allow you to bring liquor onboard at the cruise port in Barcelona Spain? I went on a Carnival cruise and there was a store where you could purchase liquor after security. I was wondering if RCL uses the same port.

Hi,

From your terminology it seems as though you are from North America. As Little Britain says they will allow you 2 bottles in your room if this is the embarkation port, if it is just a stop, the shop you are on about is the "Duty Free" shop which if the cruise you are on leaves the EU zone you will get goods duty free but otherwise you will have to pay VAT (Value Added Tax) on it. RCI will hold bottles for you until the end of the cruise that are over their two bottle limit per room.

Does RCL allow you to bring liquor onboard at the cruise port in Barcelona Spain? I went on a Carnival cruise and there was a store where you could purchase liquor after security. I was wondering if RCL uses the same port.

Once when we boarded in Barcelona, there was an additional x-ray security check once we got onboard.

• 2 weeks later...
Once when we boarded in Barcelona, there was an additional x-ray security check once we got onboard.

Our one cruise out of Barcelona was on Celebrity. There was no additional screening, I’m sure I could have brought on board whatever was available in the duty free.

I live in UK so do quite a few Med/European cruises. Buying wine and other alcoholic beverages to take back home is a big part of my cruise experience.

Sometimes, security let me keep my port purchases. Other times, they hold them for me until the last day. Either way, there is no problem with bringing alcohol onto the ship unless you are intending to consume it on the ship.

I live in UK so do quite a few Med/European cruises. Buying wine and other alcoholic beverages to take back home is a big part of my cruise experience.

Sometimes, security let me keep my port purchases. Other times, they hold them for me until the last day. Either way, there is no problem with bringing alcohol onto the ship unless you are intending to consume it on the ship.

Bit off topic but do you have any problems with packing and transporting it on flight home. Obviously we can't take it as hand luggage and worried it would break in my suitcase. I love the Crown Royal Apple Whisky that RC sell on board, but next cruise we have to fly home so probably won't buy any

Edited by sgmn
spelling

if we purchase from this duty free store are we able to purchase additional items to take on board that we can take home with us or will anything over 2 bottles per cabin be taken off us?

When we cruised a few weeks ago there were additional scanners after the duty free shops.

However things as we know can change.

At worse extra bottles over the 2 permitted may be taken from you and returned at the end of the cruise.

When we cruised a few weeks ago there were additional scanners after the duty free shops.

However things as we know can change.

At worse extra bottles over the 2 permitted may be taken from you and returned at the end of the cruise.

Thank you. Having the shop right there to buy our 2 bottles per cabin will be very handy

You can also buy bottled water there.

This will be perfect for keeping in the cabin for day trips.

It looks like it varies between cruises as to if the extra scanners are there or not.

Can we drop our luggage onto the ship & then go out & buy extra items we may need?

I was hoping that they would have a pharmacy or mini grocery store where we could buy personal care items like aspirin & sea sickness tablets ect.

This will be perfect for keeping in the cabin for day trips.

It looks like it varies between cruises as to if the extra scanners are there or not.

Can we drop our luggage onto the ship & then go out & buy extra items we may need?

I was hoping that they would have a pharmacy or mini grocery store where we could buy personal care items like aspirin & sea sickness tablets ect.

I think they sold chocolate as well as drinks gifts etc.

You can buy aspirin, seasickness tablets etc on the ship.

Once you have your Seapass card you can get off the ship as long as you get back onboard at the latest time they tell you.

• 1 month later...
I'll report back what happens when I board Symphony!

Hope your having a great cruise....do you remember which terminal the wine shop was in and also is there any additional screening after you go there? Thanks