Changing shows

Cruiser1862

i am going on the Regal in Nov. I see that they now have the Beatlemania show which has been on for a while. We love the Beatles and we’re hoping this show will still be playing, but realize that by then they’ll most likely change.

Does anyone more experienced with cruising know how often or when shows and themes change? Thanks!

They don't change shows very often, due to expense of a new show, but it is past time for some of those shows, especially Motown and What a Swell Party. I wish they would take a note from NCL and RCL and do some Broadway type shows. I also really don't like the shortened format of some of the shows.

Million Dollar Quartet on the NCL Getaway is so wonderful we have seen it three times! And I'd go again.

We did see the new show (name escapes me) in January; it was good, but still not up the the standards of the above mentioned lines.

The OP is asking about Beatlemania which is not a production show. It is a concert type show contracted from an outside production company for a certain amount of time. I guess their contracts run 3 to 6 months, but that is just a guess.

I’m assuming the OP means the Beatlemaniacs which we’ve seen twice on Regal while in Europe. They’re a specialty act that is only on the ship for a few nights and then fly off to another ship. So it probably depends on the schedules of all the ships as to whether they can get them on every Regal cruise.

Both times we saw them, they appeared in the Princess Theater in a show setting, then two nights later played dance sets in the Piazza (in lieu of one the ship’s resident bands performing in the Piazza).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve only done two cruises around 2yrs apart, and on the second cruise most of the shows were the same as the first one with the exception of special guest shows and Bravo. I didn’t mind too much, freed me up to go do other things like hang out at Crooners!

I’m assuming the OP means the Beatlemaniacs which we’ve seen twice on Regal while in Europe. They’re a specialty act that is only on the ship for a few nights and then fly off to another ship. So it probably depends on the schedules of all the ships as to whether they can get them on every Regal cruise.

Both times we saw them, they appeared in the Princess Theater in a show setting, then two nights later played dance sets in the Piazza (in lieu of one the ship’s resident bands performing in the Piazza).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We went up to the lido to watch the fountain show ( disappointing ) on the Regal and learned they would be playing in about half an hour on the lido - place got packed, it was a nice night and a decent show the part we watched...

We were told by the house manager on another line that the production shows must run at least 7 years due to the costs involved.

I can't speak specifically to Princess, but it can't be much different. What I do know is that we've done 4 cruises on 2 different Princess ships over the last 3 years.....and had the same shows on each one. It is nice to read about the "new" shows, but we haven't been in the right place to see them.

We saw the Beatlemaniacs on our first Princess cruise, 2012 Eastern Caribbean on the Emerald. Fast forward to our 2017 Eastern Caribbean on the Royal (same itinerary, different ship) and lo and behold there were the Beatlemaniacs again! I think the chances are pretty good that you will get to see them. Not a guarantee of course.

How do yo find out ahead of time what shows are playing on a cruise? Are the shows at different times? Trying to figure how to coordinate shows with dinner times. Thanks for any input.

There are various shows on Princess cruises depending on the ship and the length of the cruise. There are shows in the theater just about every night, usually in the area of 8pm and repeated 10pm, times may vary by 30 mins.. Sometimes there is and early show around 7pm with a repeat around 9pm. Shows are production shows and guest entertainers. If your ship has a Vista Lounge, or on the Coral the Universe Lounge, there can also be shows in that venue, usually comics or singer, but especially on the Coral there is a production show. The shows in these alternate lounges are staggered with the theater, so that you can in theory attend 2 different shows in one evening. But, in practice the venues fill up and it is very difficult to go from one to another. Sometimes comics, singers and magic are in the Explorer's Lounge. All shows are listed daily in the Princess Patter.

All shows are walk in and fill early. Production shows during the 8pm hour start to fill 45 mins. before showtime.

Now for the dining. If you dine early you provide yourself flexibility to plan your evening around the shows you wish to see. If you wish to dine late you can see some shows, but other shows and activities will be taking place during your dinner time.

Thank you very much for your detailed and very helpful reply. We will be on the Royal Princess. This helps so much with my planning.

Arrive one hour early for "The Secret Silk." The show is 55 mins. long. It will most likely be on the second formal night, but check the Princess Patter.

Thanks again. Wow. That is early. Do people "save" seats at the show? Should I plan on the early seating for dinner rather than "anytime" seating since I suspect we would have to wait if we arrived "anytime" at around 6 - 6:30.

I’ve found the early dining seating time definitely let’s me have more choice for show times and if you tell the waiters you are hoping to make certain shows they can accomodate and try to speed things up a bit for you.

People do save seats though, even though they’re told not to. Last time I was with my grandma so we needed seats with no stairs to access and on some days we’d be an hour early and still not get the accessible seats.