Have you ever done the exact same cruise on the exact same ship?

gozagswoohoo

I just booked the Carnival Miracle for November 25, 2018. We sailed on her February 10th to the 17th. We really liked our cabin so we booked the same cabin. The itinerary is reversed from our February cruise. We are thinking about just eating dinner in the Lido and the steakhouse. That will be a first for us.

I would do the same for sure...even if its the same places/boat etc...its always a different experience...CD, people you meet, general demographic of the fellow cruisers etc....plus you can never do/see it all, so you make up for that on the 2nd time around....

My wife/family and I enjoyed our last cruise so much. I told my wife that I'd love to book the exact same cruise (out of the exact same port, exact same ship, exact same stops) again later this year, and she said I was crazy. hah

For me....*shrug*....I kinda liked the idea? You'd be familiar with the ship, familiar with the stops and what not. I don't know. Have any of you ever done it multiple times and enjoyed it (or NOT enjoyed it?) Thoughts?

As you can tell from my signature, I've done the same ship several times. It is easier for us to sail from Galveston or New Orleans than it is to drive/fly to any other port, so we go on whatever ships happen to be in those two ports. Flying/driving to a different port is generally something that's out of the question as we either can't afford it or it would take too long and my husband can't get that much time off in order to drive there and back. Galveston is only about 5-6 hrs away for us and New Orleans is between 8 and 10 hrs away--depending, of course, on traffic. It once took us nearly THREE hours to drive from one side of Dallas to the other because of Friday night rush hour traffic. I wish I was kidding. We left our house at around 3:30, got to Dallas around 4:30-5ish and didn't get out the other side until after 8 pm. We arrived in Houston (where we typically stay the night before embarkation) after midnight. Never gonna do THAT again. LOL

First I take different children or grandchildren, or a repeat grandchild at a different age, so each cruise is unique.

Second driving to Galveston is easy.

Third, there are a couple of ports I truly love.

So yes, same ship, same itinerary, but a totally new experience every time.

I am sad Carnival will be leaving Galveston without a Dream class ship doing 7 day sailings.

Hi

I've done it a few times. I enjoyed it. I haven't been on a cruise I didn't enjoy.

As far as going to the same place...why not. I know people who go back to the same all inclusive over and over again. They like it. I know people who went to the same cabin, by the same lake, whenever the could for decades. They enjoyed it. Why not keep doing something you enjoy? As they say...different strokes for different folks. :)

If you don't enjoy it, then you don't go back.

Wait...Carnival is leaving Galveston altogether? :o

Or they're just not going to have a Dream class (whatever that is. All ships look alike to me, aside from size maybe.) in Galveston?:confused:

I apologize for being confused. It's the end of a VERY long day for me and I'm tired so I can't brain correctly right now.

Wait...Carnival is leaving Galveston altogether? :o

Or they're just not going to have a Dream class (whatever that is. All ships look alike to me, aside from size maybe.) in Galveston?:confused:

I apologize for being confused. It's the end of a VERY long day for me and I'm tired so I can't brain correctly right now.

Dream class is my sweet spot. Includes Dream, Magic, and Breeze, my personal favorite.

Carnival is replacing the Breeze with the Vista in Galveston. They are moving the Dream there, but only for 4-5 day cruises.

out of jacksonville, at least 6 times, all for HMC!

four times on the fascination

two times on the elation

same ship almost, but it's that darn Half moon cay

paradise!

oh and twice on the legend out of tampa, same itinerary, once for honeymoon, once for anniversary. didn't repeat the excursions-had a blast both times.

My wife/family and I enjoyed our last cruise so much. I told my wife that I'd love to book the exact same cruise (out of the exact same port, exact same ship, exact same stops) again later this year, and she said I was crazy. hah

For me....*shrug*....I kinda liked the idea? You'd be familiar with the ship, familiar with the stops and what not. I don't know. Have any of you ever done it multiple times and enjoyed it (or NOT enjoyed it?) Thoughts?

4 years in a row ,same cruise line ,same ship,same cabin

Our first 3 cruises were all on the Elation out of Jacksonville. All were great in their own way. We too, like knowing our way around the ship and whatnot. To me it helps me relax more. In the end, go with what makes you happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were planning on booking the Pride again for June. We loved our previous sailing and there were so many things we didn't do or see still. Ports...could take or leave them, except HMC...love that island. But we are in it for the sea days anyway. When we saw Horizon porting out of NYC, we jumped on that! Our Miracle cruise out of NYC was great too! Loved sailing past manhatten and lady liberty, and the extra sea days, thought we would try it again on a new ship!

I would bet Pride is in our future again, if she stays in Baltimore...such an easy port to get to and embark from!

I’m going on my 6th cruise next

Month and it’s the exact same one as my other 5 again.... tho I am very limited with what I can do out of Long Beach and with my time frame for days off.. if I’m gone longer then 5 days I would be scared to see what I would come back to at work..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anybody else take it a step further and book the same room over and over?

M11 on the Imagination is our little home away from home. Haha

Even have had the same room steward three cruises in a row.

Yes, in 2016, we did the breeze in June and again in november on freedom but same exact cruise. Again went on freedom in June 2017, but different ports.

We did valor in oct 2017 and again thanksgiving day, both went to Cozumel but the other added a stop in progreso. In 2018, we are sailing freedom again in October, same cruise we took 2 times in one year and it is the same ports we visited twice in 2016. Because we travel out of Galveston mostly, they tend to go to the same ports, we don’t mind, we just want to cruise. We are doing the same exact cruise again at thanksgiving 2018 and going on the breeze again in August 2018. I have gotten to where I look at the dates and not even pay attention to the ship. Dates and price is what decides for me. If both are the same then I look at ships. Ports are last.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Absolutely! Same ship with same itineraries, different ship with same itineraries, different ship with different itineraries. Loved them all[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes.

As you can see in my signature I’ve done multiple repeats, multiple times, on multiple cruise lines!

That being said we are going to start branching out soon. Probably Alaska and the Mediterranean will be in our near future.