Canapes in the bars

Alanxx

I have just read a posting on another site that says Cunard have stopped serving canapes in the bars.Is this correct? Does anyone have recent experience.We are on the Queen Mary to Sydney in January and hope the rumour is false !

I was on QM2 last week and we had a small plate of cold canapés (toasts with cheese or veggies or shrimp, etc) and hot canapés (crab cakes, spring rolls, chicken skewers, etc) in the Commodore Club each evening around 7:45-8:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have just read a posting on another site that says Cunard have stopped serving canapes in the bars.Is this correct? Does anyone have recent experience.We are on the Queen Mary to Sydney in January and hope the rumour is false !

Canapés hot & cold are still offered in the commodore bar QM2. I've just spent almost 28 days crossing back and forth across the atlantic in the last month ( I disembarked 14th Sept)..... nuts & crisps ( chips) are also offered and are available from 5pm , however, the service of 'Hot Canapés' is only between 7.45pm -8pm, and only one pass around.

Cold Canapés only are served in the Chart Room between 5pm-8pm

the offer of nuts & crisps are offered ( or available when requested throughout the entire evening)

Take no notice of false rumours ;) Cunard have no intention of removing Canapés.

Canapés hot & cold are still offered in the commodore bar QM2. I've just spent almost 28 days crossing back and forth across the atlantic in the last month ( I disembarked 14th Sept)..... nuts & crisps ( chips) are also offered and are available from 5pm , however, the service of 'Hot Canapés' is only between 7.45pm -8pm, and only one pass around.

the offer of nuts & crisps are offered ( or available when requested throughout the entire evening)

In May, they circulated with the hot canapes (chicken on a stick, shrimp, etc.) around 5:30-6:00. It nicely coincided with our daily Friends of Dorothy get-together in the Commodore Club.

-Mark

In May, they circulated with the hot canapes (chicken on a stick, shrimp, etc.) around 5:30-6:00. It nicely coincided with our daily Friends of Dorothy get-together in the Commodore Club.

-Mark

Good to see the Commodore staff are on the ball and pro- active Mark. After all, those early 5pm meetings are a good source of bar revenue, not only for Cunard but also for the crew members who are working there. ;)

Good to see the Commodore staff are on the ball and pro- active Mark. After all, those early 5pm meetings are a good source of bar revenue, not only for Cunard but also for the crew members who are working there. ;)

Canapés at that time is not done soley for the finale of the Dorothy meeting, but offered for early diners who choose to have drink in The Commodore Club ! Same as Canapés served again at around 7 to 7.30pm for late seating.

Edited by Pennbank

• 1 month later...

Canapés have been stopped in The Commodore Club on QM2 and replaced with Pork Scratchings !

Take no notice of false rumours ;) Cunard have no intention of removing Canapés.

I am afraid they have stopped serving on QM2 and been replaced with Pork Scratchings and olives.

Sometimes when there is a health alert, canapés and bar snacks are not put out;I’ve seen this happen a couple of times; they are usually back in a day or so; I assume after the Captain has determined that the danger has passed.

That I appreciate, however there was no health alert and Canapés had been withdrawn and replaced with Pork scratchings and Olives in a small white dish in The Commodore Club on QM2 during the Two weeks.

Although they probably are not needed so close to Dinner, they were a nice touch and formed the bases of meeting up in that particular bar prior to dinner.

That I appreciate, however there was no health alert and Canapés had been withdrawn and replaced with Pork scratchings and Olives in a small white dish in The Commodore Club on QM2 during the Two weeks.

Although they probably are not needed so close to Dinner, they were a nice touch and formed the bases of meeting up in that particular bar prior to dinner.

Photo of new "Canapés" (Pork Scratchings and Olives) in Commodore Club QM2

IMG_2298.jpg.e6783896a174059ebf64245ab682db11.jpg

And if you are vegetarian/don't eat pork? Is this another revenue saver? At what point does the passenger say 'enough is enough' and votes with his feet, defecting to another line? High bar prices, poor canapés are the thin end of the wedge.

• 3 weeks later...