QM2 stateroom 10034

Ron the Rev

With regard to wheelchair navigation you should be able to get anywhere you'd like to go; there are lifts at the short stairs between Deck 2 and 3L past the theatre and Britannia. One caveat is that the port side passageway on Deck 8 forward ends with two or three steps down to the "A" lift lobby. On the starboard side there is a ramp that bypasses the stairs. You shouldn't have any need to use those passageways on Deck 8 though.

There is one opinion in our review section, it's not very positive I'm afraid.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=571113

After reading the review, and thinking about my previous cruises on multiple lines, I agree with some of their points. Doorways to cabins are very tight for wheelchairs. Also, entry/exits do have some barriers on the floor for what ever reasons that cause quite a jarring effect to a person in wheelchairs. I have seen this in hospitals and hotels over the years of traveling. I wonder if any thought is given to making some adjustments to these barriers for people in wheel chairs and scooter type chairs by the cruise lines?

As to their point about some passengers not providing even door opening assistance to others, I have seen that also. Some people are rude about door opening and assisting/making minor accommodation for mobility impaired people. I have travelled with a person in our group in a scooter chair and I did find that the staff were great every time in helping out with doors and getting on and off the ship.

DW is wheelchair bound ( I'm The engine ) any photos of the handicap cabin and any tips on how to get about the ship, would be very much appreciated.

I have just been in this cabin..Not had time to write a review.

The door is wide - need to negotiate the turn. Unfortunately, there are no power doors on this ship. So carer will need to be on hand. The room size in are opinion was good - may not be for all. There is a raised threshold to the balcony shower door. So the table will need to be moved to provide access to the balcony door. I have photos not sure how to load on here as yet. The shower room is large.

The ship is easy to manoeuvre as is the ample lifts. All venues are accessible and plenty of room. There are designated areas in the Royal Theatre. Upstairs on deck is a better access point.

Beware the stewards cupboard is located across the corridor. The stewards can be hear while working. The mornings we did sometimes find a little irritating.

The pools all have an hoist chair - you be show how to operate and it will be your responsible to use it. Staff are not insured!

The pool at Canyon Ranch has a small but strong wave machine - which sounds strange. So anyone with a physical disability may find hard it to negotiate. Although this is a spa and should be relaxing and quite. It is not.

Tell the maitre before using the restaurant. There is a wheelchair user in your party. They will allocate suitable location/table. There are very accommodating!

I have just been in this cabin..Not had time to write a review.

The door is wide - need to negotiate the turn. Unfortunately, there are no power doors on this ship. So carer will need to be on hand. The room size in are opinion was good - may not be for all. There is a raised threshold to the balcony shower door. So the table will need to be moved to provide access to the balcony door. I have photos not sure how to load on here as yet. The shower room is large.

The ship is easy to manoeuvre as is the ample lifts. All venues are accessible and plenty of room. There are designated areas in the Royal Theatre. Upstairs on deck is a better access point.

Beware the stewards cupboard is located across the corridor. The stewards can be hear while working. The mornings we did sometimes find a little irritating.

The pools all have an hoist chair - you be show how to operate and it will be your responsible to use it. Staff are not

insured!

The pool at Canyon Ranch has a small but strong wave machine - which sounds strange. So anyone with a physical disability may find hard it to negotiate. Although this is a spa and should be relaxing and quite. It is not.

Tell the maitre before using the restaurant. There is a wheelchair user in your party. They will allocate suitable location/table. There are very accommodating!

Many thanks to posters and an advance thank you to all who will just smile as we waltz around on board. May God bless you all.