New Carnival Referral Bonus Program

I called my PVP this evening to book my next cruise (CTN in May to get me to Platinum:D) and he told me, "That Carnival is starting a New Referral Bonus Program" which is in the trial stages. Here is the specifics:

30 days after you book a cruise, any BRAND NEW CRUISERS that contacts your PVP to book their cruise and uses your name as a referral gets you $100.00 in Carnival Cash. The cruise does not have to be taken in 30 days, just booked.

My PVP is not sure how long this is going to be available and from what I was told, this just started recently.

I hope that some of you can take advantage of this...

Sorry if this was vague, however, it seems simple enough. Too bad it was not for Past Guests as the BRAND NEW CRUISERS statement is what gave me the Ahhhhh's:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, please feel free to use my name as a refence for all those new cruisers out there looking to book:D:D

If you have any questions and your own PVP cannot answer them, please post and I will be happy to give mine a call to get more info.

Edited by PittsburghGirlee

I called my PVP this evening to book my next cruise (CTN in May to get me to Platinum:D) and he told me, "That Carnival is starting a New Referral Bonus Program" which is in the trial stages. Here is the specifics:

30 days after you book a cruise, any BRAND NEW CRUISERS that contacts your PVP to book their cruise and uses your name as a referral gets you $100.00 in Carnival Cash. The cruise does not have to be taken in 30 days, just booked.

My PVP is not sure how long this is going to be available and from what I was told, this just started recently.

Sorry if this was vague, however, it seems simple enough. Too bad it was not for Past Guests as the BRAND NEW CRUISERS statement is what gave me the Ahhhhh's:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, please feel free to use my name as a refence for all those new cruisers out there looking to book:D:D

If you have any questions and your own PVP cannot answer them, please post and I will be happy to give mine a call to get more info.

Just kind of wondering IF that's going to apply IF we book a brand new cruiser ... meaning I've cruised before, call my pvp to book my cabin AND I also book a cabin for friend A who has never cruised.

Regardless, it's interesting because I actually just mentioned a program just like this a week ago ... another line I sail already gives obc when you book another cabin for a new cruiser. It's about time Carnival begins something like this. Anxious to learn more info.

Just kind of wondering IF that's going to apply IF we book a brand new cruiser ... meaning I've cruised before, call my pvp to book my cabin AND I also book a cabin for friend A who has never cruised.

Regardless, it's interesting because I actually just mentioned a program just like this a week ago ... another line I sail already gives obc when you book another cabin for a new cruiser. It's about time Carnival begins something like this. Anxious to learn more info.

From what I am reading above in your post, yes, the new cruisers booking would get you $100.00 in Carnival Cash :)

Edited by PittsburghGirlee

It will be interesting to see how long this stays in force, especially if it's only offered for those referring a "new cruiser booking" through a PVP.

The "other" line that offers this program only gives $25.00 for each referral, but it doesn't matter how the referred person booked.

Does this work if you do not use a PVP?? We've never used one before and are booking the Sunshine on our next cruise. We have some newbies that may join us, how can they book to ensure we get the referral $$?

i just emailed my PVP because i booked a large group for my wedding and i booked 5 cabins with new cruisers within the 30 days of mine, will see if they will honor it retroactively. it is always worth a shot to try!

Thanks for that tip...and looking at your past cruises...you may have been on a cruise we got married on! Carnival Liberty 5/2008? You didn't happen to sail on the 31st did you?!

Thanks for that tip...and looking at your past cruises...you may have been on a cruise we got married on! Carnival Liberty 5/2008? You didn't happen to sail on the 31st did you?!

No, sorry, I can't remember the exact date, but it was usually the first or second week of May...

We love both May and Sept cruising. Went in January of this year and HATED it.....Price were outrageous for everything at that time of year. Doubt I will ever cruise again from Nov - April.

No, sorry, I can't remember the exact date, but it was usually the first or second week of May...

We love both May and Sept cruising. Went in January of this year and HATED it.....Price were outrageous for everything at that time of year. Doubt I will ever cruise again from Nov - April.

Our favorite time to cruise is the last two weeks of January. Prices for that time are very reasonable. What prices were outrageous?

Actually Carnival has the friends and family voucher for booking already but it's for the same cruise and you have 60 days to book but your PVP needs the booking within the 30 days to get the credit.

Our favorite time to cruise is the last two weeks of January. Prices for that time are very reasonable. What prices were outrageous?

Sparky2,

I flew from PIT to FLL which was more expensive at that time of year, plus we stayed at a hotel pre-cruise, which is also prime time. We were on the Liberty and had our usual aft balcony which was also more than we spend in May or Sept....so over all, January cruising as a "total" was a lot more....

Of course this happens now...I think I started a thread about why they didn't do this a few months ago. I cruised in March and had (8) people book through my PVP. :mad: That would have been nice.

i just emailed my PVP because i booked a large group for my wedding and i booked 5 cabins with new cruisers within the 30 days of mine, will see if they will honor it retroactively. it is always worth a shot to try!

Let me know if this works for you! We were married in the fall on the Liberty, but if they are gonna be retroactive, I want to know!!

I just contacted my PVP. In the fall of 11, we did a group cruise and I told everyone to contact him so he could link our reservations. We had at least 8 cabins, and I'm pretty sure about half had never cruised with Carnival before.

Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Just got this reply:

Hey Cheryl,

No because right now it's just a test. Below is the information:

We are currently running a 30-day “guest referral” test promotion through a small group of eight employees in our Contact Center. With this promotion, current VIFP Club members will be contacted and asked if they have any friends they would like to refer to Carnival who are not past guests of the line and who have not taken a cruise anytime in the past 36 months. Current VIFP Club members will be contacted by invitation only; the program is only open to those VIFP Club members contacted. Should these “Carnival rookie” guest referrals book by May 15, 2013, the VIFP member will receive a Carnival onboard gift card of either $50 or $100. This offer will not apply to guests already booked and guests may book thru any channel, including any travel agent.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Just got this reply:

Hey Cheryl,

No because right now it's just a test. Below is the information:

We are currently running a 30-day “guest referral” test promotion through a small group of eight employees in our Contact Center. With this promotion, current VIFP Club members will be contacted and asked if they have any friends they would like to refer to Carnival who are not past guests of the line and who have not taken a cruise anytime in the past 36 months. Current VIFP Club members will be contacted by invitation only; the program is only open to those VIFP Club members contacted. Should these “Carnival rookie” guest referrals book by May 15, 2013, the VIFP member will receive a Carnival onboard gift card of either $50 or $100. This offer will not apply to guests already booked and guests may book thru any channel, including any travel agent.

Thanks for posting the specifics. It is much better to see in writing. Next time I will ask my PVP to send me an e-mail.

I must state for the record though, my PVP never said anything about a "selected few".... so sorry, my bad;)