LAFFNVEGAS Live from The Diamond Princess 8 Night Circle island Japan

LAFFNVEGAS

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers, Our Journey is about to Begin:D This has been in the planning for almost 2 years. Japan has been on my Bucket list for... well since I returned from Japan as a Teenager in 1970. I was an Iowa Girl that had the opportunity to be part of a performing group that performed at the Expo 70 in Osaka in July 1970. This is my return journey and wanting to bring my husband of 40+ years to Japan. We are very fortunate that a good friend we met through cruising lives in Japan so we will be spending time with him and his wife for our first 3 days prior to boarding the Diamond in Yokohama on Monday. We have pretty much done the whole trip through Princess, Air and Hotel and excursions. So I will be able to give you a full review of all Princess Japan.

Very recently Verizon has placed cell towers in Japan and even has 4G in Tokyo so between that and wifi I will be able to report in frequently. I plan to include lots of picture of the hotel/ship and sites of Japan.

We are all packed, just a couple of last minute things to place in the luggage and we head to the airport in about 20 minutes.

We fly from LAS very early to LAX and at 10:25 board our flight to Tokyo Haneda airport. while we will arrive at 10:30 pacific time on Thursday it will be 2:30 in the afternoon on Friday in Tokyo;p

Certainly hope to get some sleep on the plane because as you can guess, both Tom and I got very little sleep last night.

I will be checking in while in flight so stay tuned;)

Thanks Lisa, I will be following your thread here on the Princess boards. Japan is on my bucket list to visit some day also. I have a long list of places that I would love to visit in person after I retire.

Thanks,

David

Thanks Lisa :)

Looking forward to your updates.

That's a long flight you have so I do hope you can sleep on the plane.

Wishing you very safe, smooth travels and of course Bon Voyage:D

The airport was crazy busy at 4:50 am this morning, probably the worst I have seen in a long time, fortunately we had priority check in and TSA precheck so we sailed through everything quickly. Hopefully our son made it to work on time at 5:30.

First off I have to say that we were as excited for the flight as the cruise because we splurged and this is our first ever Business Class flight. We have done First Class a few times many years ago flying to Hawaii but not quite the same as the 777 Business Class searing of 15 years ago.

I will post pics and maybe even a video a bit later for those interested. I know when I was planning this trip that was one thing a googled a lot.

9f273d6c9b2673d14c8a849aff15acba.jpg

Looking forward to your reports!

First of all, if you are ever going to splurge for business class air, flights to Asia are the ones to choose. What carrier are you on?

As for Japan, I am going to predict you will enjoy it very much. ;)

We did a Circle Hokkaido itinerary on the Diamond a couple of years ago, and it ranks as one of our favorite cruises.

Bon voyage and enjoy!!!!

Hi we have made it to LAX early, enjoying a morning Bloody Mary and an Everything Bagel, we arrived in Lax early in terminal 4 and we depart also in terminal 4, we are flying America Airlines and their Admirals Club in terminal 4 is being remodeled but they have a lounge in terminal 5 which was easy to get to. fae2366aeb5d22ba2fcbe053ae3b0dbc.jpgcfde9179612e45350032e30584a92b00.jpg

Nice! Great way to start the day... Bloody Mary's!!! :D

Thanks for the information on the LAX Admirals Clubs. We've got some travel on AA in November. Hoping the T4 club is reopened by then.

Enjoy your flight.