What cruise questions am i missing here (long questionnaire) ?

georgiafan

I am having a get together this weekend with our group 2 weeks before we go on the Carnival Vista and I have created a cruise questionnaire for us to fill out. I was wondering if anyone had any questions that I am missing or any that I should make to have a top 2 or top 3. I am not sure what section of the site this belongs in also feel free to fill it out with your answers as the questions are pretty universal.

Cruise Questionnaire

1. Nameyour top 10 funniest moments, that have happened on a cruise. (we have a ongoing list of these)

1. __________________________________________________________________________________________

2. __________________________________________________________________________________________

3. ___________________________________________________________________________________________

4. ___________________________________________________________________________________________

5. ____________________________________________________________________________________________

6._____________________________________________________________________________________________

7. ____________________________________________________________________________________________

8. ___________________________________________________________________________________________

9.___________________________________________________________________________________________

10. __________________________________________________________________________________________

2. What are your 3 favorite songs on the CSPL ? (Cruise Song Playlist which you can find under carnival vista - cruise songs)

1. _________________________________________________

2. _________________________________________________

3. _________________________________________________

3. What are your 3 favorite ships you have been on ?

1. _________________________________________________

2. _______________________________________________

3. ________________________________________________

4. What are the 3 main reasons you love to cruise (other than family) ?

1. ___________________________________________________________________________

2. ___________________________________________________________________________

3. ___________________________________________________________________________

5. What are your top 3 prettiest / most breath taking things you've seen on acruise (not a spouse/female)?

3. ___________________________________________________________________________

6.What are your top 2 favorite ports of call?

7. What are your top 3 favorite pictures taken ?

1. ______________________________________________________________

2. _______________________________________________________________

3. _______________________________________________________________

8. What are your 2 favorite formal night outfits you've ever worn ?

1. _______________________________________________________________

9. What are the top 5 things you are most looking forward to on the Vista (excursions, food, clothes) ?

1. ______________________________________________________________

3. _______________________________________________________________

4. _______________________________________________________________

5. ________________________________________________________________

10. Who is your favorite Cruise Director of all time ?

11. Who was your favorite Waiter/Waitress or Métier D of all time ?

12. Who was your favorite fun staff employee (host shows) ?

13. Who was your favorite passenger or couple you met on a cruise (or most memorable)?

14. What was your favorite excursion you have ever done ?

15. What was your least favorite excursion you have ever done ?

16. What was your favorite appetizer ?

17. What was your favorite dining room dish ?

18. What was your favorite desert ?

19. What was your favorite souvenir you have purchased ?

20. What was your 1 favorite ship feature (rock wall, surfing, ice skating,etc) ?

21. What has been your most embarrassing moment on a cruise?

22. What do you miss the most that they have changed about cruising ?

23. Where was your favorite place to eat on a ship other then MDR ?

24. What was one thing you haven't done on a cruise that you would like to do ?

25. What was your favorite show you have seen on in a ship ?

26. What was your favorite drink you have gotten on a ship ?

27. What was the maddest you have ever been on a cruise?

28. What was your favorite board the ship outfit ?

29. What was your biggest regret when it comes to cruising ?

30. From top to bottom rank the 3 favorite cruises that you have been on ?

1. ____________________________________________________________________

2. ____________________________________________________________________

3. _____________________________________________________________________

Edited by georgiafan

First of all, I hope you all enjoy your cruise, and I mean that sincerely.

Having said that, I'm not really sure of the purpose of this survey... is it just for fun, to get conversation going? Personally, I think it is far too long. Soooo many questions. What if some of your group have never cruised before, is that a possibility? If so, this will be very awkward for them.

Question number 11, it is spelled maitre d' , or if you have the accent circonflexe ˆ on your keyboard - maître d . :)

I am with everyone else, I don't see the purpose of this either. I personally would not fill it out if handed to me. It is about 29 questions too long. I am on vacation, not there to do surveys. I want to enjoy myself. This would be better given to people at the DMV sitting there with nothing to do but wait on your number to be called.

Seriously? I hate to just pile it on along with everyone else, but I have to agree. I don't see the point of this or understand what you are trying to accomplish with your group. Way too long and IMO totally unnecessary for any type of pre-cruise prep. Not sure what type of group you have but if I were a part of it this would turn me off completely having to sit through it and for what benefit? As to what questions are you missing - none! In fact I would trim it way down to just a few relevant questions or just abandon it altogether.

Sorry - just my honest reaction.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

All interesting questions for your own trip journal, but if you intend to have each person in the group fill it out, then ?what? each read off each of their answers? I hope you're planning on a VERY long get-together. Is this a group of experienced cruisers? If not, they won't be able to answer any of your questions. Did the group ask you to organize this type of 'entertainment'? If not, you may find lots of resistance to your expectations. As others have mentioned, it's way too long and complicated.

I agree .... WAY too long. I would NEVER sit down and fill this in. Can I ask, why did you put 1. ______________, etc? All you had to do was list your questions for us to read. WHY put in all the spaces and lines, etc.? We GET it .... we're not 2nd graders.

Sorry to bug everyone I'll go back to not posting any or checking the site since the people here are so rude.

As far as our group goes everyone is excited about this and using it as pre cruise get together

I don't think anyone is trying to be rude. I would just personally avoid someone who wanted to bombard me with a ton of questions about my fun cruise I am on or coming up on. I could understand if you were a teacher and asking your students but I assume everyone is adults. Would YOU want to sit through and fill out a ton of questions for someone? I highly doubt it. You'd want to sit around and mingle and just chat about whatever comes up. Cruising is a vacation and is meant to be fun, not schoolwork.

Sorry to bug everyone I'll go back to not posting any or checking the site since the people here are so rude.

As far as our group goes everyone is excited about this and using it as pre cruise get together

Not rude - just honest. You asked - we answered. Sorry if you didn't get the response you hoped for. But perhaps the fact that virtually everyone responded in a similar manner should tell you something.

Hope you and your group enjoy your cruise.

I once went out with a guy who proceeded to ask me questions to the point that I felt I was being interviewed for a job. It was as if he didn't have confidence in himself to carry on a conversation (and with the questions he was asking, that would have been impossible).

If these are people you don't usually hang out with, you can just ask everyone plans to do in the different ports. That would be a good way to spark a conversation. Giving people a questionaire means that they will be filling this out which would stop the fun (and if you give people the questionaire early by emailing it, I am guessing that most people won't bother).

Sorry to bug everyone I'll go back to not posting any or checking the site since the people here are so rude.... As far as our group goes everyone is excited about this and using it as pre cruise get together

That's fine and that's what I thought it was probably about. Did no one here help you? Did you change your mind about any of the questions or the length of the survey? Despite some of the attitudes, did our points help you in this at all?

Not everyone was rude, gee. :(

Edited by Langley Cruisers

The one similar theme in most of the replies is exactly what you asked for. Feedback to your questionnaire. Because you are disappointed or hurt by the answers is no reason to call people rude. It appears the replies are very honest. Your questions do not help anyone prepare for the upcoming cruise. There isn't any info. about passports/visas if needed, how/where to meet at the port or when you board the ship, what is NOT allowed to bring onto a cruise ship, etc.

I too don't fully understand the purpose.

Do the people in your group not know each other and you are doing this as in icebreaker type activity?

Personally I think as an ice breaker this is a great idea if you put each question on an index card and then place a few cards at different tables. Serve tropical drinks in coconuts, and set out trays of Jerk Chicken and stuff. The cards can be conversation starters.

Now if everyone is already acquainted and they really are expected to do this short response/ essay project, It is too much-at least it would be for the crowd I hang out with. Maybe your crowd is into that sort of thing though. Good luck

If you are getting together just ASK these questions, don't expect everyone to write answers. Let others ask other questions they think of. We have over 100++ cruises but I could not be bothered to write answers at all but would say what our experiences have been in a discussion of cruising.

I think I understand what you are trying to do but like others here, I feel there are far too many questions. Can you reduce the number, some do appear to overlap?

Sorry if you thought we were being rude; the written word sounds different to the spoken word.

I too don't fully understand the purpose.

Do the people in your group not know each other and you are doing this as in icebreaker type activity?

Personally I think as an ice breaker this is a great idea if you put each question on an index card and then place a few cards at different tables. Serve tropical drinks in coconuts, and set out trays of Jerk Chicken and stuff. The cards can be conversation starters.

Now if everyone is already acquainted and they really are expected to do this short response/ essay project, It is too much-at least it would be for the crowd I hang out with. Maybe your crowd is into that sort of thing though. Good luck

I agree. I've had interactions with groups ranging from 2 people (husband and wife) to get togethers of 10-15 people with various objectives.

The questionnaire is an excellent "symposium" agenda and is a good way to get folks to open up and discuss their interests, experiences and attitudes. I would suggest asking your guests to think about each question and enjoy sharing their personal observations with the group.

I would also add a list of the various features of your ship and your itinerary so your guests can associate their experiences with the upcoming cruise.

We are all Rude ? No , just amazed at how silly this survey idea is .

Your group would have agreed I'm sure .

Don't give up here , lots of good info .

OP: You asked for opinions, you sure got them. LOL. I agree with most posts, way too long and personally, I don't understand the point of it. People answered as you requested, with honesty. You are upset about that?

Safe journeys.

OP, I think I understand your motivation and I think it's hilarious.

If you handed this to me, I would be happy to get into the spirit of it. I have to warn you, though, I cannot answer most of your questions. Regardless, that being the case, I'd enjoy hearing responses from my friends in the group.

Have a great cruise.