We have just completed our first Star Flyer cruise from Venice to Athens and it was superb. I will outline some things I think might be useful.

Embarkation began at 3:30 in Venice. We handed cases to the porters before going through Italian security. It was easy and we then walked a short distance to the ship and were led into the dining room to hand over passports, collect cabin key and be taken to our cabin.

We had cabin 505 and this was great access to the deck and bridge. We spent ages looking for electrical socket (under dressing table and at one end); closet, behind what I thought was a mirror; and AC control, on the ceiling by he vent!

There was a muster drill on the first and second day.
Sail away is not to be missed.
We met so many nice people. There were 164 on board and I know 70 of them by name. Meals were friendly affairs. They mix in this order from highest numbers to least... US, UK, CANADA, GERMAN, some French, Swiss, Luxemburg ...

Age range 4years to 84 years, median age around 55 I would think.

A real highlight was the sea day when we got into three tenders to watch our ship under sail. Pretty rocky in the tender but the crew help you in and out.

Another amazing feature was star watching each night ...so clear. Could see the Milky Way.

Seas were calm, but wind picked up before Santorini so there was some real sailing for 2-3 days.

Ports..TENDER Losinj, small we walked to a beach. NOTE: most beaches are rocky on this itinerary take water shoes if you want to swim.

Hvar, TENDER....did the hike, lovely, but very hot. The taverna lunch was AMAZING, a highlight of the whole cruise, the beach at the end of the walk was also very welcome.

Dubrovnik TENDER... in port from noon until 10p.m. We walked the walls.

Kotor TENDER ... IN PORT FROM 8:00 until noon, went half way to fort for a great view, tricky walking on loose stones.

Corfu DOCKED ... Did the swimming trip. Water was fabulous

Katakolon DOCKED ... Did the tour to Olympia and then a drink in the little town, left at around 9:00 p.m.

Santorini TENDERS... did the tour. What an amazing place. Make sure you go to Oia (pronounce E..a) it is beautiful.

Mykonos, TENDER ... walked around Little Venice, the Windmills. And found a beach (need water shoes)

Disembarkation, ends at 10:00, starts around 8:30. We had arranged for a taxi to take us into Athens. It was really a nice last morning, nobody felt rushed. You do put your luggage outside your cabin the night before.

We had a wonderful cruise and I think Star Clippers Is perfect for the Mediterranean.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2001 - Voyager (Western Caribbean including Labadee)(March)
2003 - Explorer (Eastern Caribbean including Nassau)(July)
2005 - Adventure (Southern Caribbean including Aruba)(August)
2007 - Radiance (Western Caribbean including Key West)(March)
2009 - Explorer (9 days - Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean along with Hurricane)(Aug)
2013 - Explorer (5 days to Bermuda) (August)
2015 - Radiance (11 days - Cruise tour to Denali and then Seward to Vancouver)(July)
2002 - Grand (Eastern Caribbean)(July)
2004 - Caribbean Princess (Western Caribbean)(August)
2008 - Caribbean Princess (9 days - Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean)(August)
2015 - Regal Princess (7 days - Eastern Caribbean)(December-Xmas Cruise)
2016 - Regal Princess (11 days - Southern Caribbean)(December-Xmas Cruise)
2011 - Galapagos on Xpedition (August)
2013 - Summit (Southern Caribbean)(March)
2017 - Reflection (Southern Caribbean) (December - Xmas Cruise)
2016 - Avalon Impression - Danube (July)
2017 - Star Flyer (10 days - Venice to Athens) (July)