Elite status

Lucy Jane

It depends on how many Platinum and Elite there are on the cruise. For an Alaska cruise the line will likely be much shorter. For a looooooooooong cruise there will likely be a lot more Elite cruisers.

Sorry - Fort Lauderdale - Princess ship - plane arrives at one and can't board until 3 or 4

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can board as soon as boarding begins. Check in usually begins around 10:30am. After check in you will be shown upstairs to a waiting area. Boarding usually begins around 11:30/Noon. The first to board are the BVE's, then Full Suites, Elites, Platinum and all others. Whatever it says on your Princess documentation is just a suggestion. If your plane lands around 9:30am or later go directly to the pier.

Sorry - Fort Lauderdale - Princess ship - plane arrives at one and can't board until 3 or 4

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Curious as to what time your cruise departs? Your boarding pass may show boarding times but those times are only suggestions. From my experience boarding starts around 12 noon. First to board are wedding parties, in-transit people, (people doing a B2B cruise) & people doing a BVE if it's offored.

Tom😎

You can board as soon as boarding begins. Check in usually begins around 10:30am. After check in you will be shown upstairs to a waiting area. Boarding usually begins around 11:30/Noon.

Whatever it says on your Princess documentation is just a suggestion. If your plane lands around 9:30am or later go directly to the pier.

Almost always correct, but it look likes the OP is on the Caribbean Princess right after its transatlantic sailing. A ship arriving in the US for the first time in months usually has additional inspections and delayed boarding.

Almost always correct, but it look likes the OP is on the Caribbean Princess right after its transatlantic sailing. A ship arriving in the US for the first time in months usually has additional inspections and delayed boarding.

Good point, but I think with the OP's plane due to arrive at 1 p.m., heading to Port Everglades right away makes sense. My experience there (only two boardings) is that it's possible to get stuck way in the back of a huge, long line without being aware that there is a Platinum/Elite line up there. This is the only port where we've seen these lines with 500 or more people in them.

The first time we had preferred boarding there, I just happened to walk way up there to check it out and found we could walk right in if we had "preferred" boarding. No one among the contracted (not Princess) boarding agents made any attempt to tell Platinum and Elite passengers that there was another line for them. We had to go investigate.

Jim

Piggy-backing on this thread:

Can we use the Elite check in, if only one of us (in the room) is Elite?

And, pretty sure I know this answer, but I'll ask anyway, 2 rooms, one with an Elite passenger, one not. Can both rooms check in together in the Elite line?

Just go straight to the port. We've never had any problems with doing that. Make sure you follow the suggestion below:

Good point, but I think with the OP's plane due to arrive at 1 p.m., heading to Port Everglades right away makes sense. My experience there (only two boardings) is that it's possible to get stuck way in the back of a huge, long line without being aware that there is a Platinum/Elite line up there. This is the only port where we've seen these lines with 500 or more people in them.

The first time we had preferred boarding there, I just happened to walk way up there to check it out and found we could walk right in if we had "preferred" boarding. No one among the contracted (not Princess) boarding agents made any attempt to tell Platinum and Elite passengers that there was another line for them. We had to go investigate.Jim

We always have a boarding pass with our Preferred boarding visible (green ink if color printed) - then we ask the first Princess rep we see where the line is for preferred. Invariably they will direct us to a shorter line.

And, pretty sure I know this answer, but I'll ask anyway, 2 rooms, one with an Elite passenger, one not. Can both rooms check in together in the Elite line?

Question 1: Yes. And remember it's not Elite check-in. It's for Platinums and Elites.

Question 2: I'm not sure (so I probably shouldn't answer) but I think you can all check in together, but only Elites can board with Elites.

Jim

The first time we had preferred boarding there, I just happened to walk way up there to check it out and found we could walk right in if we had "preferred" boarding. No one among the contracted (not Princess) boarding agents made any attempt to tell Platinum and Elite passengers that there was another line for them. We had to go investigate.

It is worse when you arrive, and find there are 1200 people in the elite line ahead of you.

If you were both in the same cabin then yes. In separate cabins then no. Of course you are free to board with your friend at their boarding time.

You can board as soon as boarding begins. Check in usually begins around 10:30am. After check in you will be shown upstairs to a waiting area. Boarding usually begins around 11:30/Noon. The first to board are the BVE's, then Full Suites, Elites, Platinum and all others. Whatever it says on your Princess documentation is just a suggestion. If your plane lands around 9:30am or later go directly to the pier.

What's a "BVE"? Never heard that term (but then only been on 27 cruises).

Interesting - after over 1000 posts and who knows how many read, you had not seen this. It's the Princess Bon Voyage Experience. The way it was intended to work is for booked cruisers to invite non-cruising family and friends, who may live in the area or brought the cruisers to the port, on the ship for lunch and a tour on embarkation day. The get a feel for the experience and Princess hopes to woo them into becoming future cruisers.

Cost is $39 and includes lunch and some fizzy drink. BVE folks are welcome to wander the ship with their hosts or take a guided tour. They can buy FCD. If they book a cruise within so much time after the BVE, they get the $39 refunded as a credit against the booking.

Others will chime in with the exact date and perhaps other info, but you can read about it on Princess.com. Various cruises out of Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades), plus west coast LA, SF, some SEA and Vancouver I think? Anyway, I am not a west-coaster, but Princess publishes a list of them each year and you can search these threads for "BVE" and you will find posting with the list.

BTW, one can book a BVE and not know a soul on the cruise.

Princess sends you ashore at least an hour before sailing (I'd say about 3pm in FL/PE).

Bon Voyage Experience. Some ships will have a limited number of BVE available for $$$ where they are allowed aboard to check out the ship and have lunch usually. Before the ship sails however they leave the ship. Not all ports or ships however.

Royal Princess last November.

We left, and went to Starbucks.

Came back just in time for lunch in the dining room.

(despite not being club class)

Lunch in the MDR on sail away day is not limited to club class pax. Club class pax however have a special section of the MDR for them and you will not be allowed to enter that area. So if you are on the ship between noon and 1:30 pm feel free to go to the MDR for lunch.