Drinks and bar prices on P and O Britannia

Hi everyone, We took a ships tour on Britannia at the weekend, and one thing i always look for before a cruise are bar menus, so i took some photos to share! Most bars seemed to have the same menu, with a different one in the pun (Brodie's) and pool bars. Prices overall seemed pretty reasonable, and with no gratuities added, what you see is what you pay!

dd4c8d11aaa4e362d31784c54f75920f.jpg

e3285d295b27482a7d33d7300a2c2488.jpg

Non-alcoholic pool bar menu

1ec1abf9104d992793f56e9e3faa3aab.jpg

Tea menu

c0df6120270506d7b4bad8aaf83c2a39.jpgf49a4a2b50b1db0b6bd521ef4e259a93.jpg25508e48f759757e441a791692cd0624.jpg

Pool bar

Any questions then please ask and I'll see if i can remember!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just back from Azura and tested one or two of the cocktails and speciality gin drinks and very nice they were, reliving those prices makes me think that I won't be having quite so many on Navigator OTS in October. Someone has posted their drinks prices on our roll call and cocktails seem to be $14 - $17 each with wine by the glass at similar prices and beers at $7.75 per bottle................., ouch.

Thanks for posting, interesting they've changed from Lanson to taittinger champagne and fosters has replaced carling.prices risen slightly but like another poster said they're a lot cheaper than any cruise line whose prices are in $.

thanks for taking the time to post these. FYI - the Britannia beer menu is available on the P&O website as a PDF (might be easier to read the tasting notes):

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/BR_Beer_Menu.pdf

Some of the other bar menus also available: https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drink_cost

I've not seen the tea pigs menu before (was on Britannia in December 2016). Do you remember where you saw that one?

What a wonderful thing to do! Thank you so much for doing this. So many people ask for prices of drinks.

Great to see they seem to have got rid of Lanson (terrible champagne) and replaced it with Tattinger (much much better).

As someone else has mentioned, they are one of the few lines that do not add a service charge to their bar prices - yet........

Just back from Azura and tested one or two of the cocktails and speciality gin drinks and very nice they were, reliving those prices makes me think that I won't be having quite so many on Navigator OTS in October. Someone has posted their drinks prices on our roll call and cocktails seem to be $14 - $17 each with wine by the glass at similar prices and beers at $7.75 per bottle................., ouch.

So you will be TT then John. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, and there's 18% gratuity on top of navigator's prices too!

AND a line on the sign off for "Additional" gratuity.

I got into a debate on Adventure OTS when I had a bottle of beer, and the barman pointed out that I had not given extra.

I told him that he had already got 18% of $7, and how much did he want for twisting a bottle cap half a turn :D

thanks for taking the time to post these. FYI - the Britannia beer menu is available on the P&O website as a PDF (might be easier to read the tasting notes):

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/BR_Beer_Menu.pdf

Some of the other bar menus also available: https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drink_cost

I've not seen the tea pigs menu before (was on Britannia in December 2016). Do you remember where you saw that one?

That's brilliant, much easier to read there, my photos were a bit rushed as the menu was so long and our tour group moved through pretty quick!

The tea pig menu was in most of the bars, that photo was in the crows nest, as well as the cafe areas in the atrium.

• 1 month later...

This is really helpful, thanks for posting. The wine menu doesn't specify what wine it is ie USA Merlot. we were on Diamond Princess last year and they had two USA Merlot's, one was very good the other one was barely drinkable. Several times I asked for the decent one and the waiter brought the other one, lost count of the number I had to change at the bar.

I notice they have a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, can anyone advise which one it was? On Princess they had Nobilo which was a lovely glass of wine but our group consumed bottles of it and they ran out halfway through the cruise.

This is really helpful, thanks for posting. The wine menu doesn't specify what wine it is ie USA Merlot. we were on Diamond Princess last year and they had two USA Merlot's, one was very good the other one was barely drinkable. Several times I asked for the decent one and the waiter brought the other one, lost count of the number I had to change at the bar.

I notice they have a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, can anyone advise which one it was? On Princess they had Nobilo which was a lovely glass of wine but our group consumed bottles of it and they ran out halfway through the cruise.

That is only the pool bar. The menus for the bars inside are much more comprehensive particularly the glass house.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we were on Independence of the Seas five years ago, the waiters were quite embarrassed about the bar prices. I did order a cocktail at 10 dollars and he asked me would I like it strong, obviously I said yes at that price and it certainly was strong, I think it must have been a triple measure. I did find we didn't drink as much on that cruise, we couldn't afford to;p;p;p

They have a few Sauvignon Blancs from NZ, but the best they have is Cloudy Bay, which is probably one of the best in the World!

Bear in mind, it doesn't take many cruises before you start getting 5% off those prices too. 7.5% and 10% discounts beckon for the most frequent cruisers.

I'm incredibly bitter because I'm sat on 49 nights on board, about to embark on a 14 night cruise, knowing that I have to wait until the next one to get upgraded from Pacific.

Have to say that the drinks policy and prices for drinks is something that people surely can not complain about when they compare with other lines. On our last Celebrity cruise - 2013 the cheapest bottle of wine we could find was 35 dollars (plus 15 dollars gratuities). We went on a wine tour and couldn't bring anything back other than a bottle of Olive Oil.

:)

Have to say that the drinks policy and prices for drinks is something that people surely can not complain about when they compare with other lines. On our last Celebrity cruise - 2013 the cheapest bottle of wine we could find was 35 dollars (plus 15 dollars gratuities). We went on a wine tour and couldn't bring anything back other than a bottle of Olive Oil.

:)

Quite agree. The fact that P&O have no service charge is enough to put them above most cruise lines IMHO.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.