Recommendations for six days Adelaide

MMDown Under

Seeking suggestions for six spare days in Adelaide in early September. (after four days in Adelaide).

Thinking of coastal trip to Robe, or Barossa Valley, or return visit to Kangaroo Island.

southaustralia.com/lonely-planet - SA 5th best region in the world!

Check out the Fleurieu Peninsula, gorgeous scenery and some really good wineries, very different to the Barossa. http://fleurieupeninsula.com.au/

The Adelaide Hills are well worth a visit, little German towns, gorgeous open gardens, lovely spot (and some nice wineries!).

Glenelg is an Adelaide suburb worth a half a day or a day visit. Catch the tram.

Kargaroo Island is lovely but so is the Eyre Peninsula or Port Lincoln if you are going to be flying anyway.

Check out the Fleurieu Peninsula, gorgeous scenery and some really good wineries, very different to the Barossa. http://fleurieupeninsula.com.au/

The Adelaide Hills are well worth a visit, little German towns, gorgeous open gardens, lovely spot (and some nice wineries!).

Glenelg is an Adelaide suburb worth a half a day or a day visit. Catch the tram.

Kargaroo Island is lovely but so is the Eyre Peninsula or Port Lincoln if you are going to be flying anyway.

Thank you for your excellent suggestions. I have visited your recommendations, in the past, and agree they are all well worth a visit. However, I haven't visited Robe, nor Barossa, but wasn't sure it was the right time of year. I wouldn't mind revisiting Victor Harbour region, where we swapped a house, when the children were young.

If you've already been to KI and Barossa then head to Robe.

Robe is nice, and you can go further and stay in Mt. Gambier and check out the Blue Lake and Sinkhole (also head to the coast - Pt McDonnell), then head back to Adelaide through the Coonawarra (wine area), Naracoorte (caves - World Heritage site) past Keith and Murray Bridge. This should take up a book 5-6 spare days.

• 4 weeks later...

In the end, I decided to spend four nights in the cozy one room Postman's Cottage, Fraser Chase National Park, Kangaroo Island, surrounded by wildlife. Koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, Cape Breton Geese, lots of birds from tiny finches to black cockatoos, as well as lots of beautiful Spring flowers. Food for the soul!

I look forward to returning as KI is such a unique place.

From December, there will be direct flights from Sydney and Melbourne to KI.

KI

Glenelg

Barossa

Must visits in my opinion

When I visited Glenelg recently, the gale force wind was so strong it pulled a tourist brochure out of my hands. The water was rough and muddy looking. Needless to say, there wasn't another sole on the waterfront.

When I visited Glenelg recently, the gale force wind was so strong it pulled a tourist brochure out of my hands. The water was rough and muddy looking. Needless to say, there wasn't another sole on the waterfront.

Not good, I've always had a lovely day.