Large group, late flight

spielbank

We are a group of 11 cruising out of Miami. When we return after the cruise, our flight doesn’t leave until 8:30pm out FLL. Any economical suggestions for the day? We could spend the day on the beach, but what about bags? Also, beach in Miami or FLL?

You can taxi/Uber to South Beach and pay to store your bags at the Luggage Lounge. Spend the day on the beach, people watching, lunch, drinks, etc. Collect your bags in the afternoon and taxi/Uber to FLL.

You could head straight to FLL and pay to store your bags there - then you are free to explore the FLL area; water taxi, beach, Las Olas, etc. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist info.

http://www.resortpass.com may allow all/some of your group to enjoy the facilities/pool of some of the larger hotels/resorts for $25-50+ per person depending upon availability. Tip them to store your bags.

For 11 you could rent 3 cars, put the bags in the trunk, and then go where you want for the day.

Thanks JohninDC for the information. I have heard of luggage lounge at Miami Beach but is there something similar in Ft. Lauderdale? We have a day before the cruise and plan to explore Miami, so I think a Ft. Lauderdale beach is a better idea and we would be closer to the airport.

Not sure about any place on the beach in FLL that would store bags, but you can store them for a fee at the airport (most airlines will not take them until 3-4 hours prior to your flight) and head from there to the beach/water taxi, etc.

Last week we did this with our group of 20....

Totally last minute ( standing outside of port) I called

Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel

2440 West State Road 84 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312. http://www.hotelftlauderdale.net/dayroom.html

They offer day rooms for 69$ for 4 people and will book up to 8 people in a room for an additional 10$ pp so for 11 people get 2 rooms for 170$ 15$pp. After we booked ( secured with a credit card, then paid cash when we arrived) They transferred me to their shuttle service and we paid $15 pp to get to their hotel, they were there within 20 minutes of calling.

Super nice staff, manager even introduced himself and gave us a card for a discount next time we book. Hotel has a pool, rooms were clean and they have an awesome bar/restaurant attached.

And best part shuttle service for our 8:30 flight to FLL was free.

Would I stay here a week to vacation? No. But for the day it was perfect for us. After we all arrived and overwhelmed the restaurant lol, some took a nap, some drank more and some sat by the pool. Way better than sitting in the airport for 9 hours and was almost as much as just taking a shuttle straight to the airport.