What exactly is Pol Acker?

Traveler Nina

You forgot

Sit in a lounge chair and drool all day (in between my naps)

Watch the walker races instead of the hairy chest contest.

Now I don't care if you love Carnival, Cunard, Royal Caribbean but that is funny........

You forgot

Now I don't care if you love Carnival, Cunard, Royal Caribbean but that is funny........

Is it? Oh. I must have lost my sense of humour then.

Matthew

You forgot

Well im about the same age as you and have Cruised on all these lines and still prefer Cunard ! :D

So if i sit and drool all day , So must you ! :eek:

Do you have a Walker ,or a hairy chest , or both ? :rolleyes:

Matthew

Not poking fun at you nor Cunard but that seems to be the visual most people get when you mention a cruise. I have no love for any line I like them all. I would love to be able to travel on the QM2 for a trans Atlantic in the future when my kids are not part of the picture.

Matthew

Well im about the same age as you and have Cruised on all these lines and still prefer Cunard ! :D

So if i sit and drool all day , So must you ! :eek:

Do you have a Walker ,or a hairy chest , or both ? :rolleyes:

Well said (quiet, refined golf clap in the background)!

Concerned about your math skills though. I'm 51 and you're 39. This is "about the same age"? Interesting. Guess when I was 15, I probably thought I was "about the same age" as a 27 year old.

Slow down a wee bit. Or work on your typing and grammar skills a little. At least you will sound smarter then.

Well said (quiet, refined golf clap in the background)!

Concerned about your math skills though. I'm 51 and you're 39. This is "about the same age"? Interesting. Guess when I was 15, I probably thought I was "about the same age" as a 27 year old.

Slow down a wee bit. Or work on your typing and grammar skills a little. At least you will sound smarter then.

Oh God, sorry didn`t realise you were that old, :o Have you considered Saga ? :eek:

Apparently, I was not abiding by the codes of CC. I can put my agency name in my sig and am encouraged to do so in order for other posters to know who they are talking to but didn't realize when I created my screen name that it is not to contain the agency name. I travel for the ambiance of different locations so I thought AmbianceTraveler was appropriate. (Also why I picked it for a business name) Obviously, the Admin did not think so. It's ok though, I do not mind abiding by the rules at all once I know better what they are and am only sorry I was not informed sooner of my mistake.

I know where you've been........................you bad American............

Why to you come over to the Cunard board, to spy? You already know all Cunard people are overdressed, stuffy, old greybeards who are so darn snobby they wouldn't recognise a good hairy-leg contest if it can-canned right under their nose. What more is there for you to know?

Unless, of course, you secretly are intrigued with the mysterious libation that is Pol Acker....;)

Oh, we know what Pol Acker is. That's one of the activities onboard Carnival ships. Bottling up water out of the kiddie pools. Hence that funky flavor you all are raving about. The more you bottle, the bigger your OBC. (You know, kinda like inmates stamping out license plates.) In case your interested in the ingredients, search the Carnival boards under threads about kiddie pools and swimmy diapers. :p

Oh, we know what Pol Acker is. That's one of the activities onboard Carnival ships. Bottling up water out of the kiddie pools. Hence that funky flavor you all are raving about. The more you bottle, the bigger your OBC. (You know, kinda like inmates stamping out license plates.) In case your interested in the ingredients, search the Carnival boards under threads about kiddie pools and swimmy diapers. :p

Hmmmm. You know, you are getting close here, but it's a bit more subtle and complex, all at the same time. Plus! You have to remember it's French. You have to add that certain je ne sais quoi into the mix--what would that be?

No. It's not Cava. It's not Champagne. It is swill, pure and simple.

Matthew

Aw,

Tell us how you really feel, Matthew!

Why to you come over to the Cunard board, to spy? You already know all Cunard people are overdressed, stuffy, old greybeards who are so darn snobby they wouldn't recognise a good hairy-leg contest if it can-canned right under their nose. What more is there for you to know?

Unless, of course, you secretly are intrigued with the mysterious libation that is Pol Acker....;)

Um, Because certain un-named people from the Cunard board insist on going over to the Carnival boards to bait them and troll?

Folks,

Each to his own.

Carnival is not my cup of tea, and yes I have sailed on them, and RCCL, and HAL, and Premier. But I have to tell you there are some on Carnival that seem to have a better sense of humor (and a more laissez faire attitude) than some on the Cunard boards. And as in "real life" there are idiots and classy folks in both places. Let's just stop with the bashing. If you don't like something, well, just don't go there. God forbid if I like Pol Acker. I would be ostracized and basically made to feel an idiot!

Yes, I can joke with the best. Heck, I even am nice to Rich, who is a Yankees (and Carnival) fan. Carnival I can forgive, Well, the Yankees. I guess I shouldn't say anything, since I can't say anything nice <G> (Except that we're 6 games ahead of them!! nyah, nyah!)

So I guess we shouldn't complain about Carnivalers taking an interest in things Cunard. Maybe they would like to try it! Maybe Carnival was their first because Carnival is, face it, more affordable and more available. Maybe they came over to see what Cunard passengers were like and whether they would like it.

With our snotty "holier-than-thou" attitudes, I doubt many of them will try Cunard. Not because they don't belong, or want to wear cut-offs on formal night but because they think we are a bunch of rude stuck-up jerks.

So let's try not to give them a reason to think so, huh? I know you all and know that you are better than that! Let's show them how class acts.

Believe me. this hasn't been it!

Karie,

who is not above being a jerk on occasion herself...But usually apologizes when it is pointed out.

Hmmmm. You know, you are getting close here, but it's a bit more subtle and complex, all at the same time. Plus! You have to remember it's French. You have to add that certain je ne sais quoi into the mix--what would that be?

Are any of you brave enough to suggest merde? I'm not!

Aw,

Tell us how you really feel, Matthew!

Um, Because certain un-named people from the Cunard board insist on going over to the Carnival boards to bait them and troll?

Folks,

Each to his own.

Carnival is not my cup of tea, and yes I have sailed on them, and RCCL, and HAL, and Premier. But I have to tell you there are some on Carnival that seem to have a better sense of humor (and a more laissez faire attitude) than some on the Cunard boards. And as in "real life" there are idiots and classy folks in both places. Let's just stop with the bashing. If you don't like something, well, just don't go there. God forbid if I like Pol Acker. I would be ostracized and basically made to feel an idiot!

Yes, I can joke with the best. Heck, I even am nice to Rich, who is a Yankees (and Carnival) fan. Carnival I can forgive, Well, the Yankees. I guess I shouldn't say anything, since I can't say anything nice <G> (Except that we're 6 games ahead of them!! nyah, nyah!)

So I guess we shouldn't complain about Carnivalers taking an interest in things Cunard. Maybe they would like to try it! Maybe Carnival was their first because Carnival is, face it, more affordable and more available. Maybe they came over to see what Cunard passengers were like and whether they would like it.

With our snotty "holier-than-thou" attitudes, I doubt many of them will try Cunard. Not because they don't belong, or want to wear cut-offs on formal night but because they think we are a bunch of rude stuck-up jerks.

So let's try not to give them a reason to think so, huh? I know you all and know that you are better than that! Let's show them how class acts.

Believe me. this hasn't been it!

Karie,

who is not above being a jerk on occasion herself...But usually apologizes when it is pointed out.

So maybe Cunard isn't the line for you? :eek: :D :cool: :confused: ;)

And btw, reverse snobbery, as it's called, is the only kind of snobbery on this particular message board. Oh, and Rich is a Norwegian fan, because the voyages he likes leave from NYC.

Actually Karie, as a frequent board-crosser I can confirm that this time it was totally unprovoked by our usual Cunard suspects. ;)

GROOOOOMMMMMITTTTT

Get your ASS over here. Cheese, bring the cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Funny, I just finished watching Wallace & Gromitt with Pumpkins tonight!

I know where you've been........................you bad American............

Funny, I never thought of myself as an American as much as I have considered myself a Dutch/Puerto Rican. And of course you know where I have been, I post the destinations (the cruised to ones anyway) in my sig line!