PIC Horizon extended aft balconies. Family harbor.

chefjellynow

The awesome part about these is that when the itineraries first became available for the Horizon, these rooms were originally listed as ocean views. But then Carnival decided to change them to balconies, so basically anyone who booked them when they were still ocean views got balconies for ocean view prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just found this.[ATTACH]415775[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

So now I’m torn; I booked family harbor suite 2315 under the galley, the aft family harbor rooms are small but under dining room. Not sure what to do. I want to stay in family harbor area as we will be traveling with my 10 yr old son. The noise won’t bother me as I’m hearing impaired but my husband and son have good hearing.

So suite bigger room and galley noise OR aft cabin smaller and dining room noise.?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Being under the dining room isn't bad at all, sometimes they move chairs at the end of service but the real noise concern is under the galley. I personally would move. If there are 3 of you get an aft extended balcony. I can't stay anywhere else. Best view but be prepared for vibrations on port mornings.

Being under the dining room isn't bad at all, sometimes they move chairs at the end of service but the real noise concern is under the galley. I personally would move. If there are 3 of you get an aft extended balcony. I can't stay anywhere else. Best view but be prepared for vibrations on port mornings.

Thanks for replying,! I booked direct w carnival so I’ll call and see if I can switch rooms

Sent from my iPad using Forums

These are Family Harbor balconies only. Yes, there is some of the ship directly below. However, I don't stand at the balcony and look straight down into the water. Sitting in a chair and looking out into the horizon with the wake trail from the engines is good enough for me.

Are they all cove balconies? Also, I don't know if you can tell from the pictures (because I can't) but when you stand up at the railing and look down will there be a big piece of ship blocking the view of the ocean so that you have to look outward instead of just down?

Not Coves. Also don't look like they are covered. No likey.