Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

My cabin 11824 seems to be almost right above the cigar lounge. Anyone know If the cigar lounge is also outdoors, and does the smell/smoke affect the cabins above. This is actually making me reconsider the cruise. Thanks!

Hello,

Looking to book the Transatlantic sailing of the NCL Bliss and want to be within the Haven complex. Would you choose a stateroom on deck 17 or 18 and for what reason?

Thank you,

Karen & Ken

Hi Karen and Ken, I booked the Haven on Deck 17 on the Bliss. I like to be on the same deck as the pool and lounge. I spend more time there then in the restaurant which is on Deck 18. We were on deck 16 on the Breakaway and Getaway but the Haven set up is a little different (it’s deck 15 & 16). I am also booked on Escape deck 17 which I think is similar to Bliss. Haven’t been on that either yet. My cruises are Bliss 9/8 & Escape 9/23. I believe it’s really a matter of preference whether you like the peace and quiet of the upper deck or the convenience of the lower deck. Hope this helps you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The cigar lounge, for the poster who asked is fully enclosed.
Yes, but I would be wary of booking a balcony directly above, as on BA and Escape, at least, the outer area is the "smoking" bar on the Waterfront. Some smells may waft up, though I can't say how much of course

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, but I would be wary of booking a balcony directly above, as on BA and Escape, at least, the outer area is the "smoking" bar on the Waterfront. Some smells may waft up, though I can't say how much of course

That isn’t an outside smoking area on Escape. There’s no smoking anywhere on the Waterfront on that ship.

Can anybody confrim if the dueling pianos will be on the Bliss. Thanks

At this point it seems doubtful. Headliners has been replaced with Social Comedy and Night Club, emphasis on Night Club...

555a1417afe0d30c74e3a596c46138aa.jpg

de8d97d6b4a0e8b00452c7b1e5a26099.jpg

And while Howl appears on my summer Breakaway cruise under entertainment, all that appear for my Bliss sailing, so far, are...

da7e15570e78924ffed6650e14953d42.jpg

2072356cfeeb81da721c0262bfa18542.jpg

d5574e0c555aff52710469531ebc91c8.jpg

e7666c84fcedb9c937b0d83035884e35.jpg

That isn’t an outside smoking area on Escape. There’s no smoking anywhere on the Waterfront on that ship.
My apologies on the misinformation! Escape was 2 years ago, BA only 8 months, must have melded the two together.

Personally I'd avoid those balconies in general anyways, as I prefer my balcony to be a quiet getaway from the other people onboard. On BA, that was a rowdy bar!

Can't wait to see all the details in Bliss.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

It appears we have our 2nd Bliss Theater main production show: Havana!

I believe Warren Carlyle also developed After Midnight for the Escape.

Who’s auditioning?

0a8d9f6ac1ce5d9cc75003b81a254370.jpg

ABOUT THE SHOW:

This is a production exclusively developed by Warren Carlyle for the Norwegian Cruise Line to be performed at sea. This will be the maiden voyage for this exciting new show! Cast members will work closely with Warren Carlyle in mounting this new production - There were 2 workshops done prior and we are now looking for the original cast for ¡HAVANA! Warren Carlyle (Broadway credits include: On the Twentieth Century, Hello Dolly, Smokey Joe's Cafe, She Loves Me, Christmas Story, Hugh Jackman, After Midnight, Follies, Finian's Rainbow, A Tale of Two Cities, Okalhoma, The Producers...)

We are seeking exceptional Singers/Musical Theater actors. Familiarity with Latin American music a plus. Please prepare a 'Latin Style' song of your choice. Please have sheet music in the correct key. Select vocalists will be asked to learn sides from the show and possibly stay and dance. Please bring form fitting dance wear for the dance segment of the audition.

ENRIQUE: 40s – 50s, male. The founder and owner of the nightclub. Affable. An expert MC and an expert host. Great at repartee. Think Don Francisco without the sleaziness. Strong acting and vocal skills required. RANGE: TENOR 2

XIOMARA: 20s, female. The ingénue. Innocent and earnest. Learning how to navigate the world. We see her grow from wide-eyed and slightly spoiled to a young woman beginning to grow into her generosity and her poise. Strong belt voice required. RANGE: POP MEZZO SOPRANO

DOUG: 40s, male. A beer drinker. RANGE: CORONA to IPA.

DONA TITA: 40s – 50s, female. The grand diva. Queen of the nightclub. Sings with a voice of authority and experience. Think Olga Guillot in her prime. Strong and imperial. RANGE: ALTO

BEBO: 20s, male. A stagehand. From the provinces. Impossibly sincere and hopelessly clumsy. Tangles himself in his own words. Think a young Cantinflas or Charlie Chaplin. Handsome. The right performer is a strong, comedic actor with some clown training. Should be funny and heartbreaking when he is just walking across the stage. Comedic singer RANGE: BARITONE

MIGUELON: 20s – 30s. A crooner. Son of a bootlegger. The most seductive man in Havana. So handsome you dream he isn't a cad but when you get to know him later it turns out he is a cad. Of course he is. With looks like that he was condemned to be. Strong singer. RANGE: TENOR

FABIOLA: The character is not yet 20. Female. A chorus girl who is clearly on her way to a bigger career. Fierce dancer with a strong, amazing voice. Oozes sensuality. Think of a young La Lupe. A tornado on stage. RANGE: MEZZO SOPRANO

SQUIZZY SIEGEL: 30s to 50s, male. A gringo mobster from Chicago. Good character actor required.

Edited by TheDougOut

You’re looking at it...

800733b114093ac33323c34ca99e7e91.jpg

(no)

That’s what I thought, thanks. I don’t know how I feel about it... I like that the ropes course is a bit of a people eater, and it’s my son’s favorite spot on the ship. The cars look great although I’m unsure of wait times. Has there been reports of long lines on the Joy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DOUG: 40s, male. A beer drinker. RANGE: CORONA to IPA.

:D Too funny. When I first read it, I was going to google what a Corona Singing style was. Duh!:confused:

Its sounds interesting and looking forward to seeing it when we sail on June 30.

I don’t know how I feel about it... I like that the ropes course is a bit of a people eater, and it’s my son’s favorite spot on the ship. The cars look great although I’m unsure of wait times. Has there been reports of long lines on the Joy?

The video below, taken four months after the Joy’s launch, has me slightly concerned about the go-karts on the Bliss. After four months, you’d hope this scene represents a view of everything ironed out and operating “as intended”.

We know the karts are capable of going fast, but the max speed is centrally controlled much like any other modern track. Check out the permitted max speed in this video, at the 13:55 mark...

MCrQgfSfk5E

14558f351e5b65efc27564298981d678.jpg

b142c9bc1ae1c7e49541154a9fdde7ab.jpg

e183ecc38f85483ad813b911911cfc32.jpg

This obviously wouldn’t be well received, and I sure hope NCL has figured out how to make this highly-touted feature (and a replacement of other features that people love) something other than a snooze fest.

Our only indication of changes from the Joy to the Bliss is the added curviness of the track. That’s not a good sign to me - maybe they view more curves as increased interest at slow speeds.