Thanksgiving Freedom Cruise 2017...Lots of Pics

cruisewithwife

DW decided to stay back with the little one to rest. I took the oldest to Yahtzee. We showed up right as they were starting due to our trip to Lido deck for root beer floats. Good tip bring a few cans of root beer and then use the ice cream machine. So we got down there and they were about to start. We sat down just to watch when a group asked if the oldest wanted to join as they needed another player. She was super excited because she wanted to roll the dice. They ended up letting her roll every time.

enhance

Her team ended up getting winning the yahtzee challenge. It also turned out we ended up making a friend on the cruise that we still talk to after the cruise. It was a very nice woman traveling with her daughter and we ended up seeing them and talking throughout the cruise.

enhance

Here is a view looking up in the atrium while I was watching the yahtzee competition

enhance

After Yahtzee it was back to the room to get ready as we had the Cruise Critic meet and mingle before dinner tonight. We were super excited as this was our first one and we knew we had almost 50 people signed up for it. It was held in the piano bar.

enhance

They provided some cookies, pastries, juice and water. We got there and there was maybe a total of 15 people and of those 4 of them weren't even cruise critic people they just crashed the party. It was fun visiting with different people as we got to visit more with some that were on cruise critic and we had met at the meet and mingle we did at the begining and would bump into throughout the cruise. Also got to talk with a couple who have done Hawaii and Aalaskian cruises which are both on our bucket list. A member of Carnival stuff typically shows up to these parties and then the person came it was Malcolm....wow how lucky were we the cruise director showed up.

enhance

Malcolm talked to everyone about how things were going, talked a little about some of the different ships he had been on and some of the people in the room were on previous cruises with him at other ships. It was a nice little get together a little dissapointing more people didn't show up but we had fun and now it was off to dinner.

We had our go to cheese plate with the bread

enhance

So the rare find on the menu was incorrect I was looking forward to trying some oysters rockefellar but instead it was brasied rabbit.

enhance

This picture kinda gives you overall opinion of the rabbit we were not very impressed

enhance

The girls enjoyed the baked ziti...which it was very good I stole a few bites

enhance

I had the veal parmesan however I thought it was a little overcooked but otherwise very tasty

enhance

I also had the lamb shank which was just ok

enhance

DW went with the steak

enhance

Here is the dessert menu:

enhance

Before our dessert came we heard the famous words "Showtime" here was looking down to the lower level

enhance

It was time for the dancing as this turned out to be one of the girls favorite part of the trip

enhance

enhance

enhance

Video of the dancing

o8I4vsVWfNw

Tonight's dessert in my opinion is by far the best. The strawberry almond financier is my favorite

enhance

I also enjoyed the coconut lime cake but I scrape the coconut off the top first

enhance

Guess what the little one had for dessert.........

enhance

you thought it was going to be melting cake but she chose to have orange sherbert instead. The oldest tried to order mint chocolate chip ice cream and not sure if they even have that but she ended up getting chocolate ice cream brought to her which she was fine with

enhance

Then DW was so happy as tonight was her rhubarb pie...they have very good rhubarb pie on the ship and not many people order it so she got two

enhance

Here was a picture of mine with the sauce poured over it

enhance

After dinner we headed to the main lounge for Hasbro Game Night...this was the one night we did sit in the lower level so the girls would have a chance to make it on stage

enhance

The kids competition was connect 4 by throwing balls inside the big game. Neither of our girls got picked to go on stage but they did have a great time watching.

enhance

Next up was the adults with Simon in which they had to line up a certain color sequence. It was rather comical and the side we were on beat the other side pretty bad.

enhance

After the show we headed back to the room. We had our towel animal waiting for us

enhance

enhance

It was my turn to stay in with the girls as DW went to the love and marriage show. She said the show was not as good as she as seen before but overall it was still funny. The funniest part of it was there was some deaf cruisers and they had an interpreter with them. Malcolm thought it was funny some of the words they had to sign and would continue to say them over and over again. That's it for the night....tomorrow is Nassau and our last port of call.

Great review so far !! All these food photos are making me hungry ! We have sailed on the freedom 2x , and it’s by far one of my favorite ships . Never knew lasagna was offered at the pizza pirate for late night .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great review so far !! All these food photos are making me hungry ! We have sailed on the freedom 2x , and it’s by far one of my favorite ships . Never knew lasagna was offered at the pizza pirate for late night .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks...agree the Freedom is a great ship. You will have to try the lasagna next time you cruise

We got up around 7:30 and were in beautiful Nassau. We got all our swimsuits on and beach bag ready. We were headed to Tiki Bikini Hut on Junkanoo beach today. First up was a trip to lido for some breakfast

enhance

There was 5 ships in port today so there was going to be a lot of people

enhance

The Royal Carribean ship had this like ball thing they took you up in to see the views. We saw it go up and down quite a few times while enjoying breakfast

enhance

I had a delcious breakfast of some biscuits and gravy, eggs benedict, sausage and of course some meat and cheese I love that stuff on the buffet

enhance

Here was the little one's spread...she was pumped to eat some cereal...she could live on that stuff gets it from her mommy

enhance

We got off the ship and were off to the beach. Just to give you an idea walking with the kids it took us about 40 minutes to go from Lido, down and off the ship and walk to the beach and arrive at Tiki Bikini Hut

enhance

enhance

I had done research and looked on various places about deals and packages they offered here. When we arrived they were very friendly and one of the workers said he could hook us up with a VIP package and what did we all want. I said we were looking for chairs, umrella and some drinks. He replied I have just the package for you two chairs, an umbrella, 6 drinks and 6 shots and a meal for like $150. When I told hiim no to food he was like ok we can do $100 in which I told him I wanted the 2 chairs, umbrella, and 6 drinks for $40 that was on the social media site. He was like oh we just stopped that package but since you knew about it I can do it for $50 so we settled on that and they got us chairs right next to the water

enhance

For a free beach I think this place is beautiful

enhance

This is from our chairs you could still see the ship

enhance

Both girls were very excited to play in the sand

enhance

A nice fancy boat driving by as we relax

enhance

Here is their drink menu if you order ala carte..we were able to get any 6 drinks off of here that we would like. We had a guy who would come check on us the whole time and the girls got free soft drinks and lemonade

enhance

enhance

DW and the little one out testing the water....it was an initial chill but the water was very nice

enhance

They loved playing in the sand

enhance