Carnival Pride Christmas Cruise review

IDcruising

We boarded around 11:30AM via the Priority line, it took about 20 minutes to board. Our luggage was at our door as soon as we boarded. I will write my review in sections. The ship looked beautiful. I sailed on her in 2002, and The Pride is still one of my favorites. Since this was a Christmas Cruise they did give free Champagne for about two hours during boarding. They did not limit to only one glass. We tipped nicely, and where able to have a few free Glasses of Champagne. The ship was decorated beautifully for the Holidays. They had a Menorah for Chanukah with Latkes served each night of Chanukah. There was a nice Christmas feel on the Ship. Done just right. I did not see any noticeable wear and tear of the non 2.0 areas as some have mentioned. The Ship was very clean and you always saw people cleaning. We loved the Punchliner and went every night, they had shows. We let Carnival choose our room and we got an extended balcony on deck Seven. Ours Sons were right next to us. Carnival opened the balcony divider for us on request and we had a huge balcony. I will post more tomorrow. I will answer any questions you may have.

Edited by IDcruising

More of my Review:

Dining:

We had anytime dining and really enjoyed the flexibility it gave us. We are Platinum, and

Never waited more then 10 minutes. We would have a cocktail with Danny, the bartender.

He was awesome.

The Main Dining Room food I would rate a "B"

Went to David's Supper club on Christmas Eve, it was just okay. We have done

David's Supper Club, before and it was much better previously. I would give them

A "C".

The food on the buffet, was good. Always plenty to choose from.

Guy's Burgers good. I would give them a "B".

Bonsai Sushi was good, I would definitely eat there again. It never was crowded, the whole

Trip.

Room Service, always great on Carnival.

Cabin Stewart did a great job. Anything we needed, she got us.

Cruise Director George was always positive and happy. Loved hearing his voice

All week.

Serenity Deck- we spent port days there, and it was very nice. On, Sea Days

It was crowded and hard to get seats. They only have four hammocks, up there.

The Comedy Club, we went every night they had performances. We loved them all.

We did have a medical emergency, about 3 hours after we left Grand Caymen.

We did turn around and stayed till a little after midnight. I hope all went well

With the passenger. I did not effect our return to Tampa at all.

Please ask any questions, I would love to help!

We boarded around 11:30AM via the Priority line, it took about 20 minutes to board. Our luggage was at our door as soon as we boarded. I will write my review in sections. The ship looked beautiful. I sailed on her in 2002, and The Pride is still one of my favorites. Since this was a Christmas Cruise they did give free Champagne for about two hours during boarding. They did not limit to only one glass. We tipped nicely, and where able to have a few free Glasses of Champagne. The ship was decorated beautifully for the Holidays. They had a Menorah for Chanukah with Latkes served each night of Chanukah. There was a nice Christmas feel on the Ship. Done just right. I did not see any noticeable wear and tear of the non 2.0 areas as some have mentioned. The Ship was very clean and you always saw people cleaning. We loved the Punchliner and went every night, they had shows. We let Carnival choose our room and we got an extended balcony on deck Seven. Ours Sons were right next to us. Carnival opened the balcony divider for us on request and we had a huge balcony. I will post more tomorrow. I will answer any questions you may have.

We to were on this sailing. Never been on the Pride before, but I too found the ship to be clean and beautifully decorated for the holidays.

We preferred the Blue Iguana Cantina to the Guys Burgers, never ate in the MDR(oops, only for brunch on the last sea day), Lido always had plenty of options for lunch and dinner.

I agree the Punchliner was great, only saw a few shows(the ones we saw were good).