7/5/17 Regal Princess Baltic Cruise: Weather?

Phillyswimmom

We will be on the Regal Princess Baltic cruise, departing Copenhagen. I expect the weather to be in the 70's in most of the port cities (Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Oslo, Helsinki, etc.), but what weather should I expect while we're at sea? We have 3 sea days.

We sailed the Baltics on the Regal on the last week of May 2 yrs ago. It was in the mid 60's on land, and there.was not much difference at sea. Though there were light rain on land during the day, we did not encounter rough sea. Maybe, the weather on land and sea will also be not much different on your July sailing.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

We did this cruise last year on the Regal at the end of May beginning of June. There were days where you needed a light jacket and days when it was hot. My boys lived in shorts most of the time.

Who knows what it will be this year. I would bring clothes for when it is hot and then have a thin jacket as well.

We went around the Baltic on the Regal last July/August. Temperatures were lovely, fairly consistently in the low 70s, and seas were calm. We took light sweaters for mornings and evenings and light rainjackets in the event of rain, but we rarely needed either.

We did this cruise two years ago in July on the Regal. We spent a couple days before the cruise in Copenhagen. They were in the middle of a heat wave. Temperatures in the 80s. But, things changed quickly. We had rain all day in Oslo and the wind was blowing so hard when we got to Warnemunde that the ship couldn't dock. Then the weather improved and was wonderful for rest the cruise. We were able to sit on our balcony on sea days wearing shorts. It's the Baltics. Any weather is possible.

Cruised the Baltic in late May 2014 on the Royal. Very warm and sunny. Low 90's in St. P. Not much cooler in other ports. Locals were so happy to see the warm weather so early in the year. Goes to show weather can be a surprise. Be prepared.

Just back from this cruise. Be prepared for any type of weather. For potential cool weather (we were mostly in the 60's with a little rain), bring layers. Not much swimming in the Baltic....

Sent from my iPad using Forums