Interesting Email from Princess about Royal

PoohUnderstands

Just got a booking email from Princess concerning our March, 2018, cruise. In it, it reiterated that there would be no more itinerary changes; we'll be seeing a new production show -

The Secret Silk is a classic Asian folktale featuring mystery, intrigue and life-size puppetry designed by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop. More information will be available on princess.com soon.

We will also be seeing the following:

encore

Escape into a sophisticated evening of music and glamour, set amid the romantic splendor of a beautiful Montecito garden. Accompanied by an onstage orchestra, Encore celebrates the traditions of pop, opera and musical theater. This spellbinding experience showcasing new songs, elaborate costumes and stunning sets designed by Emmy® award-winner John Iacovelli features musical direction by Academy Awards arranger Nelson Kole.

But the most interesting note was how they told me that we would not be an ***** cruise anymore...............

) Ocean MedallionTM

The creation of Ocean Medallion Vacations is an all-encompassing project that is currently being activated onboard another Princess ship. We had hoped to have it launched in time for your cruise aboard Royal Princess. However, we have identified refinements and enhancements that require more time for us to fully realize our aspirations to elevate the guest experience by way of this new technology. We hope you’ll experience Ocean Medallion on a future cruise with Princess. We apologize for any disappointment this news may cause for you.

Pooh

Just got a booking email from Princess concerning our March, 2018, cruise. In it, it reiterated that there would be no more itinerary changes; we'll be seeing a new production show -

The Secret Silk is a classic Asian folktale featuring mystery, intrigue and life-size puppetry designed by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop. More information will be available on princess.com soon.

We will also be seeing the following:

encore

Escape into a sophisticated evening of music and glamour, set amid the romantic splendor of a beautiful Montecito garden. Accompanied by an onstage orchestra, Encore celebrates the traditions of pop, opera and musical theater. This spellbinding experience showcasing new songs, elaborate costumes and stunning sets designed by Emmy® award-winner John Iacovelli features musical direction by Academy Awards arranger Nelson Kole.

But the most interesting note was how they told me that we would not be an ***** cruise anymore...............

) Ocean MedallionTM

The creation of Ocean Medallion Vacations is an all-encompassing project that is currently being activated onboard another Princess ship. We had hoped to have it launched in time for your cruise aboard Royal Princess. However, we have identified refinements and enhancements that require more time for us to fully realize our aspirations to elevate the guest experience by way of this new technology. We hope you’ll experience Ocean Medallion on a future cruise with Princess. We apologize for any disappointment this news may cause for you.

Pooh

Bummer about Ocean Medallion. I haven’t received an email yet but our cruise is in April 2019. But I won’t be surprised if I do get that email since the ***** banner is gone from that sailing. I’ll be disappointed but I guess it’s better than having a non functioning Medallion.

The new shows sound cool...especially The Secret Silk.

Just got a booking email from Princess concerning our March, 2018, cruise. ..................

) Ocean MedallionTM

The creation of Ocean Medallion Vacations is an all-encompassing project that is currently being activated onboard another Princess ship. We had a wing and a prayer to have it launched in time for your cruise aboard Royal Princess. However, we have identified bugs and oversights that require more testing for us to fully realize our original specifications to elevate the guest experience by way of this new technology. We hope we can fix Ocean Medallion in the future at Princess. We apologize for any disappointment this news may cause for you.

Pooh

Thought you might like the notice translated for cruisers to understand it. :halo:

Interesting that you got this email for your four upcoming cruises. I only got it for one. I also have an October, 2019, cruise on the Royal and I did not get any email about that sailing. So maybe ***** up for grabs by that time?

Pooh

for my four - they are all in early 2017, b2b2b2b

We are booked on the CB in November and have not received any email but then it still is almost a year away. We booked the cruise first because we liked the itinerary (14 day) and because I wanted to see how the ***** was working. It is long enough away that the ***** could be working well but if it is not, we will be happy with the cruise and I will have to book another cruise to check out the *****. What a sacrifice I must make!

Also sailing on Caribbean Princess on 3/18 (hi Thrak)...after reading about all the "challenges" that Princess has encountered so far, I'd be just as happy using a seapass card. Between problems with the technology and bracelets falling off users wrists, it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Re-reading my comment - meant I have not gotten any email regarding my Royal October, 2018(!) cruise. I guess Princess is leaving the door open in case they get their act together in installing ***** by then!

To my knowledge, taking the banner off of the Royal cruises and sending out the emails, I believe all before final payments, is covering Princess from having to give out OBC for Royal customers. If anyone on a Royal cruise gets some OBC, let us know!! I kinda hinted at it but not pressured to see what would happen and just got words of sympathy, so I doubt any OBC is forthcoming.

Micha's Grandad is sailing in August of 2018 and got "the" email, but I am in October and did not. Interesting.

Pooh

We have Royal booked for August 2018 and got the ***** email yesterday.

Are they still giving obc if you call and complain?

I called today after getting an email about our 1/19/18 Royal sailing and they gave us obc. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Rc'd the same email today for our 5/01/18 sailing on the Royal. With all the problems this new technology is having, and the photos of guests wearing what my 7 yr old niece affectionately calls "GPS dog tags for humans" in their formal attire, I have little interest in opting into this program.

Darcy