Any word when the Sun will receive the Edge enhancements?

mianmike

I know the Sun was refurbished in May of 2016 but not not receive any "Edge" type enhancements, only "refreshed" some areas. I did a search and couldn't find if the Sun will get some "Edge" enhancements before our Sept. cruise. NCL stated the Sun would receive some Edge enhancements so I'm hoping it's soon.

Does anyone have any information as to yay or nay? Thanks.

I know the Sun was refurbished in May of 2016 but not not receive any "Edge" type enhancements, only "refreshed" some areas. I did a search and couldn't find if the Sun will get some "Edge" enhancements before our Sept. cruise. NCL stated the Sun would receive some Edge enhancements so I'm hoping it's soon.

I'm kind of ignorant. What is an "edge type enhancement"? I know what "refreshed" is.

I'm kind of ignorant. What is an "edge type enhancement"? I know what "refreshed" is.

From the NCL website:

"Norwegian Cruise Line revealed today The Norwegian Edge™, an innovative program that promises to introduce a new standard of excellence that encompasses the entire guest experience, from ship hardware to culinary enhancements and exclusive private destination developments. The Norwegian Edge™ reflects a significant two-year $400 million investment by the company through 2017 and demonstrates the line's commitment to exceptional quality and extraordinary experiences. The centerpiece of the program is an extensive ship refurbishment initiative that will elevate the experience on board the Norwegian fleet to this new standard."

"Fleet Enhancements

The extensive ship revitalization program at the heart of The Norwegian Edge will completely transform many spaces on board nine of the fleet's ships to reflect the premium look and feel of the line's newest and most spectacular ships. As the cruise line with the youngest fleet in North America, this extensive enhancement program will offer much more than the traditional soft goods décor updates and serve to make the line's ships into essentially new vessels.

The refurbishment program began in October 2015 with a full refresh of Norwegian Epic that included the debut of brand new venues like The Cavern Club; complete restaurant makeovers in La Cucina and a new look for Cagney's, Le Bistro, Moderno Churrascaria, The Manhattan Room and the Garden Café, now with a sleek and crisp white palette; and refreshed décor, furniture and flooring in many public spaces, including The Haven Courtyard, Lounge and Restaurant, for a more modern and clean design.

Norwegian Gem followed in November, debuting significant enhancements including a complete makeover of Bliss Lounge; extensive interior refurbishments; refreshing of décor including new furniture and new flooring in all specialty restaurants and several complimentary outlets, as well as bars and lounges, to reflect a more contemporary look; new pool deck furniture; interactive digital signage and wayfinding technology; new teak flooring throughout outdoor spaces and corridors of upper decks; and upgrades to The Haven Courtyard and Sundeck with a new look including more shaded areas, cabanas and lounge chairs."

• 5 months later...

From readings I've done in some other threads it seems that the Sun will be in drydock the beginning of April 2018 to get the Edge enhancements.