Hotel New Orleans

brookspartyof4

When I last visited New Orleans, I stayed at the Marriott near the cruise terminals and within walking distance of the Aquarium and the WW II Museum (I thought). While I enjoyed the hotel and the personable service of the staff, I found that a hotel closer to the French Quarter would have been a more personally satisfying option.

I agree with the others who said to look at the Gulf Coast Ports of Call Board and Trip Advisor website.

But I am going to add a shout out for the hotel we stayed at and would again because we liked the staff, room, breakfast, and location to street cars on Canal Street, drug stores (for snacks and last minute supplies), restaurants, and the French Quarter (walking there was quick, too). Also, it was quiet since it wasn't in or right next to the French Quarter.

Hampton Inn & Suites

226 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130

While the OP asked about hotels (Duryea Inn is nice) I would recommend the WWII museum. Start with the movie. We were there years ago and what was supposed to be a 2 hour visit turned into an all day event. We were literally the last ones out. I believe it has even expanded since we were there. Just a side bar I donated some of my dad's WWII items to the museum.

Do not miss Café Demonde, always ended our night there, either sitting at the café or taking our goodies back to the room. The Straw Market has some of the best crayfish according to my son and his wife.

Any suggestions for a hotel to stay at in New Orleans? We are staying an extra day when ship returns to catch some sights. Not sure if we will rent a car.

We stayed at a quaint hotel, The Hotel St. Pierre. Just on the edge of the French quarters so walking was good. $16 or $20 cab fare to cruise terminal. Cute hotel, breakfast in morning and fresh homemade cookies in the afternoon. Nice change from the chain hotels. We did the Best Western by Louie Armstrong park the day we returned. It was cheaper for us to stay the extra night and fly out the Monday. As the ship was going into refit we had to be off the boat just after 7am. We arrived at the hotel by 8:15 and they were kind enough to give us our room that early. We had thought they would just hold our luggage for the day. They were awesome. French quarters were cool. Royal street is so much quieter and cool as well. Great food at Coops. Down by the French market. We went there twice

I just finished booking the Fairfield Inn right in french qtr for our post cruise night. 2 rooms were 450 ish. I was ok with that price because it offered airport shuttle and I figured they would have good bell service to hold our luggage after we had to check out, but didn't want to haul everything around until our later flight.

Booked courtyard marriot right by cruise terminal (pre cruisr) great ratings and awesome price. Booking dot com on both

Breakfast included for both

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app