re meat pies

I like Ronnies. Stopped at the Goulburn one on 31 January, off the freeway, on our way back from Qld. I had my own GF bread in hand, as I do, ready to order ye olde Big Mac without the bun. Manager saw it and very nicely offered to toast my gf bread and make my Big Mac personally. Now that is service. Yes the chippies are nice too, but they have to be fresh.

Great service for you.

I had to go up to Sydney for the day on Thursday and stopped on the way home at HeatherBrea's Pies (Sutton's Forest) . I had a Jillaroo pie which was supposed to be steak, bacon and cheese, it was okay, but not much steak if any (seemed to be mince). In any case, I won't be stopping again as they were $6.45 each and for that price I would rather eat the burger at that Scottish place, at least the chips are nice.

BTW, didn't see any GF products to be had.

I always prefer Trappers in Goulburn if it's not too busy.

They could do with a few pies up on the F1, Newcastle Freeway, 15km delays due to big mva. Gut, get down there with the pie warmer.:cool:

An awful MVA Amonia truck exploded after a crash.

Edited by GUT2407

They could do with a few pies up on the F1, Newcastle Freeway, 15km delays due to big mva. Gut, get down there with the pie warmer.:cool:

Yeah, bad bad accident. The fire is probably out by now so perhaps a pie warmer is a good idea, he has the sauce in the boot.

Trappers is what ? An eating place or pie shop?:confused:

Trappers is a bakery / pie shop near Maccas. Huge variety of pies, pasties and sausage tolls. The same family own the Braidwood bakery.

Can't say if they have GF but wouldn't be surprised.

Trappers is a bakery / pie shop near Maccas. Huge variety of pies, pasties and sausage tolls. The same family own the Braidwood bakery.

Can't say if they have GF but wouldn't be surprised.

Thanks, have to look them up. The Braidwood Bakery is a licence to print money, always busy, all those pie eating Canberrans like our Mic.:')

I haven't stopped for a pie there for years, always too busy.

Sure is, nothing much exciting there for me, except for a coffee and friand. Nor at the Trappers - Goulburn one. I read from their website, they 'import pies' from Wagga.

There is money in them there pies. I still like Haydens @ South Ulladulla, passed there yesterday, chockas.:cool: They do a decent GF pie, albeit expensive @ $7.:evilsmile:

Back to meat pies, I can report that the Braidwood Bakery which we have avoided the past few years due to poor quality, has a great basic meat pie this summer. Past experience kept me away from my favourite steak and kidney but maybe next time.

Back to meat pies, I can report that the Braidwood Bakery which we have avoided the past few years due to poor quality, has a great basic meat pie this summer. Past experience kept me away from my favourite steak and kidney but maybe next time.

Probably brought in from Johnnos @ Wagga. As I said earlier, Braidwood/Trappers Bakers import some pies from Wagga.:cool:

Bungendore Pie shop used to be good, one of my golfing mates down here owned it years ago, I think his two sons who were plumbers, operate it now.