I just don't get cruising with Stuffed Animals

Catrin

• 2 weeks later...

I love off beat people! If you bring a stuffed animal I will use that as an excuse to come talk to you and see what you're all about. I try to hang out with fun loving people wherever I go. When they are brave enough to be silly, I know they are up for a good time. I'll even pose for a picture with your stuffed adventurer!

We take girl cruises/trips every year..a couple of years ago one of our friends couldn't go....we purchased a blow up doll, nothing X RATED, dressed her and took her every where we went. It was a real conversation starter, we had people asking to have their picture taken with the doll after they heard the story behind her!!!! TOOOOO FUNNY! We made a scrap book for the girl that couldn't go, the doll was her stand in....

We take girl cruises/trips every year..a couple of years ago one of our friends couldn't go....we purchased a blow up doll, nothing X RATED, dressed her and took her every where we went. It was a real conversation starter, we had people asking to have their picture taken with the doll after they heard the story behind her!!!! TOOOOO FUNNY! We made a scrap book for the girl that couldn't go, the doll was her stand in....

Aw that's kinda cute that you missed her so much you took a stand in.

I've thought about getting a stuffed animal as a conversation starter. We had dinner one night on our last cruise with two gentlemen with stuffed animals. I felt like I let them down by not properly oooooh -ing and awwww -ing, but after raising two stuffed pet crazed girls, I'm kind of over stuffed animals. :o

I keep trying to think of something kind of original to choose instead. Spouse has nixed a couple of ideas. Which is sort of surprising, since normally he's of the whatever as long as I don't have to carry it persuasion. ha! :D

• 1 year later...

I do it for a friends kid for their class. The kids send their stuffed animals on vacations with friends and family. Then we send post cards back from each island. I use an app where the postcard is a picture of the animal on that island.

724784c9f4f9ef58bd3764c001880754.jpgf440eff59d8cb896802e0131de28dd5b.jpge2db26931fd20992f3f32263a8545b36.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My mother, who is 70+ years old, brings her full-sized teddy bear **plus several changes of clothes for the bear** wherever she travels, including our cruises. She doesn't take him around the ship but he does like to hang out in our cabin window. She bought him a little stuffed salmon in Alaska to be his traveling companion. On our Alaskan cruise, I bought a larger stuffed salmon as well as a stuffed eagle and I did cart them all around the ship and took their pictures, which was a lot of fun. I took a stuffed giraffe on our last cruise to Bermuda. And about to leave again in a month, currently debating which animal I'm going to bring with me. I tend to wear weird hats; on said Alaska cruise, my mother bought me an orca hat (that I had looked at and put back) and I wore that thing all over the ship, and since I skipped my grad school graduation for my Bermuda cruise, I decorated and wore a graduation cap for a couple days. I also always bring my captain's hat which is a hit with the crew. My new thing will be an orca bag that I'll be bringing with me and will use around the ship. We sail HAL which I find to be enjoyable if somewhat stuffy (and not in the animal sense), but as long as I can have my fun without ticking off anyone too badly I'm good. The captain on the Alaska trip I don't think was too happy about posing for a photo with a stuffed salmon though.... :)

Enjoyed reading through this thread; wish there were more personal mascots in evidence on our voyages!

• 4 months later...

Just saw this thread, yes it is an old thread but it has come back to life somewhat.

We always take a small stuffed cat with us on vacation. We call him Road Trip Kitty and that is what he does he goes travelling. He has been on cruises, has traveled in my tank bag on my motorcycle, saw Minnie Mouse in DisneyWorld (and had his picture taken with her) and has been to Vegas several times.

He was given to me by a friend when my step brother passed away, so I decided I was going to take RTK on trips that my step bro should have gone on had he lived. Lots of world to see so lots of miles to travel. Next up Alaska and then Panama.

K

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I made the killer mistake of buying my wife a bride and groom tatty teddy and gave it to her on our wedding day. Now every single holiday these bears make the trip with us. Luckily they dont follow us around the entire trip but they MUST get a photo at the airport, on deck,in the room with the towel animals and at least on a beach/pool. We are heading to New York in a weeks time and I noticed they are already sitting next to our tickets and passports.

• 4 months later...

We have a stuffed orangutan who travels with us. It's an inside joke with my brother-in-law, and we get a lot of mileage out of it. I don't actually care if other people don't "get it." We have a good time with him (His name is Carlos, and we use #dondeestaCarlos). My husband's a truck driver, and Carlos is Clyde's nephew....it's appropriate, even though he can often be very inappropriate!! He's a dirty monkey....

Those of you who don't get it...move along...decorate your doors or don't, dress up for formal night, or don't...