booked on Adonia x2!

MEG at sea

Highway robbery even for a 'Manxman,' for 165 quid pp a night you would want the 'Frank Sinatra Suite' on D804. They should give that to you as compo, complete with piano, butler and a couple of bottles of Dom Perignon or Bollinger.

Anyway, this arvo in frustration I fired off a couple of E mails of protest to CEO Carnival Australia and CEO Carnival UK, one of em' has our 2 grand deposit, which we would like back ASAP to so we can book and pay our shorex on Sapphire Princess and Royal Princess cruises, booked in lieu of Adonia. They can swing the OBC comp promised over there too, like the bloke did who got it transferred from P&O to Cunard, but they won't.

Keep you all posted, hope you get an early refund. Good luck.:halo:

[emoji23][emoji23]we couldn’t believe it when they came back with that, we were thinking of changing ships in Barbados and doing TA back to Southampton but no way at them prices if people are willing to be ripped off like that that’s there lookout this frugal Manxman isn’t.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For information of those who had booked on Adonia - Refunds - I have yet to receive any of our deposits back ($2000.) This is now 3 weeks after announcement of sale. I have notified my agent and P&O that I do not wish to book another P&O Cruise, so they can refund my deposits ASAP. (I did say please.) :halo: I did fire off some E Mails to those in power.

Any of you in UK or elsewhere received refunds? :(

Edited by NSWP

For information of those who had booked on Adonia - Refunds - I have yet to receive any of our deposits back ($2000.) This is now 3 weeks after announcement of sale. I have notified my agent and P&O that I do not wish to book another P&O Cruise, so they can refund my deposits ASAP. (I did say please.) :halo: I did fire off some E Mails to those in power.

Ours came back finally at the end of last week.

That's disgraceful.

P&O have not behaved well over this whole thing. I take it you have claimed for interest on the time they have held your deposit and the further period of delay in returning it. They will have made a lot of money on the collective sum of all these deposits, ukminterestvrates may be low but an international company will have found a way to get the best rates.

Hope you get this resolved soon.

Got ours last week, received shore excursion refund today still waiting for flight/hotel refunds as they have to investigate! Surely they know who cancelled everything all payment confirmation sent to them with claim.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The letter I had gave 27th October as the date. The rather tenuous justification given was that it would give people time to book another cruise with their £100 off offer and transfer the deposit to that new booking. I would have thought that, if you demanded your deposit back immediately, they would be breaking the law if they failed to do so.

In my case, I was on a cruise on Arcadia at the time that had had to miss out three tender ports, primarily because of rough weather, and we were offered a discount on a future cruise of 20% of the cost of the Arcadia cruise. I'd also had two Adonia cruises cancelled. I found another cruise that I liked, booked it on-board Arcadia, getting the 20% discount plus £100 off for each of the cancelled cruises. The deposit for one of the cancelled Adonia cruises was transferred to the newly booked cruise and the deposit for the other Adonia cruise was refunded at the same time. Given how complicated it all was, especially when you consider the other "goodies" for an on-board booking, I was impressed that it was all done correctly and speedily.

Have you got your refund of your deposits back yet?

Did you receive a response to your letters to those in power?

If not, as others have received their refunds (mentioned above), time for Office of Fair Trading advice or Current Affairs.

Such a shame as you were a good advertisement for cruising on P&O (UK).

Have you got your refund of your deposits back yet?

Did you receive a response to your letters to those in power?

If not, as others have received their refunds (mentioned above), time for Office of Fair Trading advice or Current Affairs.

Such a shame as you were a good advertisement for cruising on P&O (UK).

Marion...

1. No deposit refunds received yet. ($2000)

2. No response from the CEO's, just generic E mail from P&O.

3. Response E mail from my T/A, they have 'pressed' P&O for speedy refund as we do not want to transfer deposits to another P&O Cruise.

I cannot ascertain if our money is being held by P&O World Cruising - part of P&O Australia or by P&O UK, our agents say they don't know either.

If I find the deposits are being held by P&O World Cruising in Australia, I will lodge a complaint with NSW Dept of Fair Trading next week. That would be then a month since cancellation.

A lot of the drama is I think because we in Australia cannot book P&O UK cruises direct, we have to go through an agent here or through P&O Australia who then book it with P&O UK. It is like a game of rugby, they keep passing the ball. :evilsmile:

Thanks to you all for your responses.:halo: