Deluxe Balcony Obstructed

Poulsbo Cruisers

My DW and I have booked cabin M102 on the Royal Princess. We realize that the obstructed View is due to the metal railing. The Princess website states the following about this cabin:

PART OBSTRUCTED VIEWNON-GLASS BALC RAIL BALCONY ACCESS WHEN IN PORT ONLY

Our concern is with the last part of that statement. Would we be unable to access the balcony on sea says?

My DW and I have booked cabin M102 on the Royal Princess. We realize that the obstructed View is due to the metal railing. The Princess website states the following about this cabin:

Our concern is with the last part of that statement. Would we be unable to access the balcony on sea says?

We have stayed in L104 twice on Royal,M108 on Regal and have M102 on Regal next month and have never had our door locked nor was there any lock other than the normal slider lock.All Princess fiction!

I have read in previous posts that the forward facing balconies are not accessible while the ship is at sea. Because 107 is a wrap balcony, maybe they make an exception for access to the side balcony only.

I have stayed in this cabin. The balcony is always accessible. However, there may be times where it is too windy to sit out there - but in the caribbean these times are very rare. It is quite amazing to stand at the front of the ship sailing into port and enjoying the views.

You must keep your curtains closed at night so that your cabin lights don't interfere with the bridge.

These are our favourite cabins and we always try to book them.

Enjoy!

I have L101 on the Regal booked on an upcoming cruise and I asked about access. I was told it is something they have to say for insurance purposes but they do not lock your door. I guess if you are out there when the ship is underway and you get hurt or lose something valuable because of the wind, you cannot hold Princess responsible.

I have read in previous posts that the forward facing balconies are not accessible while the ship is at sea. Because 107 is a wrap balcony, maybe they make an exception for access to the side balcony only.
We've stayed in cabin L101 numerous times and the balcony was never, ever closed. We spoke to our steward the first time and he said that these cabins are not monitored and it was up to us if we felt it was too windy to use it. We always used it! Kept our drapes closed at night.

Please do not let this incorrect information encourage you to think twice about these cabins!