"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas- Bermuda / Nov 1, 2013

Radio

Paula, just returned last week from Grandeur and found the beds fine, very comfortable!

Some beds are better than others. We had one that was really sway-backed but the other was fine. Of course, we were in steerage (deck 2) so we might get the oldest mattresses there. ;)

Some beds are better than others. We had one that was really sway-backed but the other was fine. Of course, we were in steerage (deck 2) so we might get the oldest mattresses there. ;)

We were deck 4 ocean view (G2)

Hi Radio, thanks for yet another great thread...I so enjoy your "live" reports. Folks on other threads have been complaining about the beds not having box springs and being very uncomfortable...did you experience anything like that with yours?

Paula

Ours were very stiff and uncomfortable this sailing. The mattresses we had on our August GOTS sailing were fine.

Seems like a little bit of a crap shoot as to which type of mattress you end up with in your cabin.

The opinions on bedding is very subjective, what is comfortable to you may be uncomfortable to me. All I know is that on our last four cruises on the Enchantment we found the beds comfortable but this last cruise on the Grandeur we thought the thin mattress and lack of a box spring to be very uncomfortable.

Hi all!

Radio ~ I was late tuning in this time as I just returned from Carnival Breeze & Allure of the Seas. Enjoyed your "live from" as usual, thanks.:D

Have you ever sailed Carnival before? Looking forward to your thoughts on them. I did my 2nd one this year after years of giving them a pass & really enjoyed them, hope you do too!

~ Jo ~ :)

• 6 months later...
Looking forward to sailing on this fine ship with you and our friends.

See you in the morning.

I was going to ask you to join us for our Adventure of the Seas cruise on 10-31-15 but I see you are already going on one in September. Let me know how your Quantum cruise goes. I'm curious about it. I can drive there in an hour! Hope you, Deb and Peter are all fine.

Elvis

• 1 year later...