Coffee card regal

beachmets

punches can be shared - brewed coffee is only for the cardholder - what's so hard to understand about that? If you didn't purchase the coffee card - why should you be 'entitled' to get that benefit, sf?

Agreed. It's disappointing to read people complaining when people that frankly are taking some advantages are actually complaining about policies being enforced. I suppose it goes with the territory.

OK, this is a silly debate, but, since I'm a silly person, I quote from princess.com on the purchase a coffee card page, where does it say only one person?

New Grounds Coffee Card $35.65  per punch card (15 beverages)

Save 20% with our New Grounds Coffee Card that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise.

Seems like people like to make up policies just to rant about other people? Show me the policy that says only one person can use the card!

Yes, I would be interested in seeing any fine print. As I had posted.

Maybe I don't see that as all that 'silly'!

The cheerleaders can try to explain or justify.

And, yes, that might be the intent of the program.

I still say that it says a whole lot about Princess to make a big deal about this.

And, again, just to remind everyone, we WILL have two coffee cards.

I thought I read that the Regal and Royal actually used brewed coffee instead of that yukky syrup stuff that you find on all the other Princess ships ... and it is free for everyone. Anybody??

That's true and most baristas will give you 2 cups at the IC early in the morning even if you have only one card. The OP must have run up against someone who was just being a little strict. Most time they just don't care since the same coffee is available in the Horizon all day long.

OK, this is a silly debate, but, since I'm a silly person, I quote from princess.com on the purchase a coffee card page, where does it say only one person?

New Grounds Coffee Card $35.65  per punch card (15 beverages)

Save 20% with our New Grounds Coffee Card that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise.

Seems like people like to make up policies just to rant about other people? Show me the policy that says only one person can use the card!

It doesn't say a word that the cards can't be used by any number of people.

Enjoy.

That’s their policy for brewed coffee. Only one per order.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So the guy in front of me ordered 2 reg coffees to day and no problem. Different server than I had on day one and was allowed only one so definitely inconsistent rules so I ordered two. He just looked at back of card

Coffee card cannot be ised anymore for gelato and sundaes. Last year we used card on the Royal for gelato/sundaes

Coffee card cannot be ised anymore for gelato and sundaes. Last year we used card on the Royal for gelato/sundaes

A sign was posted at the Gelato cafe on the Royal during the Nov. 25-30 voyage stating the same. So I was fascinated to see that the digital ads by the elevator promoting the coffee card specifically mentioned they could be used for gelato...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So the guy in front of me ordered 2 reg coffees to day and no problem. Different server than I had on day one and was allowed only one so definitely inconsistent rules so I ordered two. He just looked at back of card

A sign was posted at the Gelato cafe on the Royal during the Nov. 25-30 voyage stating the same. So I was fascinated to see that the digital ads by the elevator promoting the coffee card specifically mentioned they could be used for gelato...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is totally not true. I'm on the Royal right now & the coffee card can certainly be use for gelato.

1 PUNCH -- 3 SCOOPS.

I know, but I do wonder a bit how the supply seems never ending.

People like me who don't drink specialty coffee or use the mini bar trade it in for coffee cards. I frequently sail in a suite so get 4 cards. I sail 4 times a year so I have many extra cards. I can't speak to how others get their cards.

People like me who don't drink specialty coffee or use the mini bar trade it in for coffee cards. I frequently sail in a suite so get 4 cards. I sail 4 times a year so I have many extra cards. I can't speak to how others get their cards.

A lot of people receive them from past cruisers who will not be taking another cruise on Princess in the future and the new procedures will eliminate the passing down of coffee cards some day. A big saving for Princess.

the new procedures will eliminate the passing down of coffee cards some day. A big saving for Princess.

There's no practical way they will eliminate the actual coffee cards. Most people are unwilling to loose their unused punches. People won't buy the perk if it's lost and people won't want that perk loaded on their personal Medallion since it can be shared for specialty coffee.

The packages end when the cruise ends. Unused punches on coffee cards carry forward to any future cruise until exhausted. They would need a new system/rules for coffee card to expire with a voyage in order to load to cruise card or have another means. Maybe they will do that some day. Like offer a coffee/tea/etc package at a lower price but expires at end of trip. Who knows? YGIAGAM.

There's no practical way they will eliminate the actual coffee cards. Most people are unwilling to loose their unused punches. People won't buy the perk if it's lost and people won't want that perk loaded on their personal Medallion since it can be shared for specialty coffee.

Of course it can be shared as long as you're there in person to make the purchase for the other person.

The baristas have already been show the online way it will be done. They simply have a picture of the coffee card on their screen & check off the card as used.

Of course it'll be stored on their computer for future cruises & can't be passed off to anyone else. It really makes it easier for everyone since there's no card to lose or forget for your next cruise.

Its a win win for the passengers & Princess unless you planned to give the card away & puts a stop to selling them on eBay.