Interesting Email from Princess about Royal

PoohUnderstands

We are 65 days out and received the email last night. I called Princess to complain and was told because ours was an agent booking, our TA would have to call to negotiate any compensation. A half hour after emailing our TA, She got us $100 OBC each.

I questioned if the medallion internet would be available on the cruise as the upgrade would have been done while the ship was in dry dock. The princess agent told me no.

Booked on Caribbean Princess for the March 18, 2018 rollout on that ship. No email and the cruise is still showing the ***** banner on the Princess site. Keeping fingers crossed...

Considering final payment is due for this cruise this coming week..I hope they don't wait until end of December to notify us of no ***** on this March 18 Caribbean Princess cruise.

After reading what is going on (or not going on) with the roll out of the ***** on the Royal and Regal..just cancel it on the Caribbean now. Hate when companies play games with their customers. Be truthful..bad PR sticks with you for a long time.

The cost of this cruise increased when they designated it the first ***** cruise. I'm sure many who stuck with the ship, after being notified it was changing itinerary due to slight engine trouble, will be upset. And I am also sure, many don't care..but it should be your choice before final payment.

We are on the Royal for 20 days in Feb. and received $200 per person onboard credit.

($100pp per cruise) after a call to Princess. It pays to make that phone call.

Oh that's good to hear! I'm on the 2/8 leg of that cruise! I will definitely make that call. We are in a mini-suite, so hopefully that means $100/pp. Thanks for the info!

Today just got "the email" about no ***** for my Royal cruise of October, 2018!! So they are really backing off the ***** for the Royal aren't they. Am a little more disappointed about this cruise than my March, 2018, cruise as I could understand the delay, but all the way to OCTOBER of next year. Yeah, now I am disappointed.

Pooh

We called both Princess and our TA and DID NOT receive any OBC. Any insight, examples or assistance in working this out is appreciated

Cheers

Steve & Vicky

Our email came after our final payment was made. I told them I was disappointed that we would not experience the advertised ocean medallion cruise, and said this was the reason we picked this cruise. An OBC wasn’t offered but I asked for compensation.

My wife and I just returned from a B2B (14 days) on Regal Princess. We were supposed to get "The Medallion", but got letters before we left that said our stateroom was not located in the Medallion test area. We used the normal card for everything, as usual, but there were people that did have the medallion. I overheard some talking that the medallion would not open their door. The cruise card now has a chip inside of it, so you just need to wave it above a device in the shops to make your purchases. Because of the chip, we were told that they can not punch a hole in the card anymore. Just so you know. The best thing we encountered was the new WiFi. Because we are "Platinum", we had unlimited WiFi access for the full 14 days, at No Charge, and it worked much better than the old system. I was told that a good portion of the corporate IT dept was onboard, trying to work out the bugs, which seem to be many.

My wife and I both received the E-mail from Princess about not having the Medallion up and running for our November 9, 2018 cruise on the Royal. I had to call Princess to arrange for some Princess transfers for our California coastal cruise in March. After taking care of that, I asked about the medallion not being ready for our cruise in November. She got a hold of customer relations and they said the medallion may be in place by then. So extra OBC may be possibility, but Princess won't know till closer to our cruise date.

My wife and I both received the E-mail from Princess about not having the Medallion up and running for our November 9, 2018 cruise on the Royal. I had to call Princess to arrange for some Princess transfers for our California coastal cruise in March. After taking care of that, I asked about the medallion not being ready for our cruise in November. She got a hold of customer relations and they said the medallion may be in place by then. So extra OBC may be possibility, but Princess won't know till closer to our cruise date.

Thanks for the input. We will be getting off our 14 day cruise from Canada, the day you board!! I thought that was the case because when I talked to corporate today they told me that ***** at that time may become possible but don't want to make any promises until it is much closer to our sailing and to see the status of ***** installations.

Pooh

Our email came after our final payment was made. I told them I was disappointed that we would not experience the advertised ocean medallion cruise, and said this was the reason we picked this cruise. An OBC wasn’t offered but I asked for compensation.

Thanks for this. It begins to make sense for us.

Cheers

Steve & Vicky