Where do they keep the secret Cookies on QM2?

erniebernie

While on on QV cruise earlier this year we were sitting with a woman who had some Subway type cookies (yum) on her plate so i asked where did she get them,her answer was SHHH these are secret cookies you have to ask Micahel over there she then pointed to a counter by a coffee machine so i tip toed over and asked Michael for one he dissappeared under said counter to return with 2 of THE most delicious cookies i have ever eaten and i have eaten a few:p Anway this was on the 2nd to last day on board so didnt manage any more however we are on QM2 Feb and was wondering if anyone knows where they hide them now she buffet has been updated.? A lot of rambling for a short question. Thanx

While on on QV cruise earlier this year we were sitting with a woman who had some Subway type cookies (yum) on her plate so i asked where did she get them,her answer was SHHH these are secret cookies you have to ask Micahel over there she then pointed to a counter by a coffee machine so i tip toed over and asked Michael for one he dissappeared under said counter to return with 2 of THE most delicious cookies i have ever eaten and i have eaten a few:p Anway this was on the 2nd to last day on board so didnt manage any more however we are on QM2 Feb and was wondering if anyone knows where they hide them now she buffet has been updated.? A lot of rambling for a short question. Thanx

lol.....just ask at the buffet counter, usually around the sandwich maker. I have no idea why they keep them under the counter, they used to be out on the QE2 but the new ships have them "hidden" and yes...they are fabulous and dare i say fattening.

lol.....just ask at the buffet counter, usually around the sandwich maker. I have no idea why they keep them under the counter, they used to be out on the QE2 but the new ships have them "hidden" and yes...they are fabulous and dare i say fattening.

I would think they are kept out of sight, due to the greed of people , how many times do you see plates with sandwich, cakes and scones left in the Kings Court/Lido after afternoon tea, lots of people see food and think I will have some of that, then leave it.:evilsmile:

They also come out for the solo travellers morning meets and the uneaten ones go below decks where the crew happily appreciate them, or so I've been told.

It is supposed to be a secret. It's one of the benefits that solo travellers get for their single supplement :)

Cookies that you can buy at a Subway sandwich shop. Prepackaged and baked on premises.

Thanks!

Cookies that are baked by the heat generated by subway cars. Next time you step onto one, reach underneath and grab one for yourself. Make sure you get to them before the rats do, though.

HA! Good one.

-Mark

The only problem with that, they are free on ship and that is one of the reasons so must food is left on their plates.

If I left food on my plate, it was because I didn't like it. What better opportunity than a cruise to try foods I'd never had before? I'd never had kippers before my TA. Loved them!

My husband enjoys his chocolate chip cookies, so I asked a staff member in Kings Court if there were any cookies/biscuits.

He said, "Wait here." (At our table.)

He disappeared behind doors and several minutes later he came out with a plate full of chocolate chip cookies. We only wanted two, but he brought more, no matter, my husband didn't let them go to waste.:D