Suite minibar setup question

juliethecruiser

Hi all,

We were pleasantly surprised to receive an upsell offer yesterday to move us from our obstructed OV to a Window Suite on our cruise next week. When I saw Window Suite, I called immediately, as I really wasn't interested in a balcony (probably be too cold to really enjoy one in Alaska). The price couldn't be beat either.

Question, for those in the know, my husband and I aren't big on alcohol. My husband just doesn't drink and I may drink 1 or 2 drinks the entire week on the cruise. So, I've seen where you can swap out the alcohol in your complementary minibar setup for soft drinks and possibly coffee cards. I would definitely want 1 coffee card but my husband would rather have the soft drinks. Can we ask for one coffee card and soft drinks, in place of the alcohol?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences.

You can definitely swap out for soft drinks, but I'm not sure about the coffee card. We tried to swap out our booze form wine and there were severe limitations making it not a good swap. Maybe another PAX has swapped for coffee??

You can swap the entire mini bar for two coffee cards OR the entire mini bar for a variety of sodas. You can't do one coffee card and some soda. We don't drink much alcohol so we always swap for the two coffee cards.

You can swap the entire mini bar for two coffee cards OR the entire mini bar for a variety of sodas. You can't do one coffee card and some soda. We don't drink much alcohol so we always swap for the two coffee cards.

That is correct no half and half's

Correct--you can't split the deal. You can trade for all soft drinks (of any type carried on board) or trade for 2 coffee cards. No half and half trades. Of course, you can trade for two coffee cards and bring along some soft drinks. You can also purchase soft drinks on board--6 cans for $10.

Thank you all for your replies. Probably just drink the alcohol myself, since I certainly won't use 2 coffee cards. Hubby doesn't like coffee either!

Obviously your decision...but coffee cards are good for more than coffee (I don't drink coffee either). Coffee cards will get you unlimited brewed coffee, premium tea, and hot chocolate (might be good in Alaska!). They will also each get you 15 punches of fancy coffees or teas--think Starbucks. I'm an ice tea person, and find the specialty teas to be good.

If he wants soft drinks, you can trade as much as you want, one for one. You can keep 3 alcohols and trade the rest for soft drinks.

Obviously your decision...but coffee cards are good for more than coffee (I don't drink coffee either). Coffee cards will get you unlimited brewed coffee' date=' premium tea, and hot chocolate (might be good in Alaska!). They will also each get you 15 punches of fancy coffees or teas--think Starbucks. I'm an ice tea person, and find the specialty teas to be good.

If he wants soft drinks, you can trade as much as you want, one for one. You can keep 3 alcohols and trade the rest for soft drinks.[/quote']

Thank you for the suggestions. We're both big ice tea drinkers as well, so it will work out pretty good and hubby does enjoy his hot cocoa too!

Thank you for the suggestions. We're both big ice tea drinkers as well, so it will work out pretty good and hubby does enjoy his hot cocoa too!

Ask them to make you a premium tea and then have them ice it. Also if you like the teas from the IC better than the standard MDR tea, stop by and just ask for a teabag before dinner. In the MDR simply get some hot water and brew your own, my DW does it all the time.

Another suggestion ;p

Trade for the sodas and buy a coffee card. The coffee cards only cost ~$33.

Or as someone suggested, bring your own preferred brand of soda (selection is limited on the ship) and keep the booze plus buy a coffee card.

BTW: what was a "can't be beat" price for an upsell to a suite?

Another suggestion ;p

Trade for the sodas and buy a coffee card. The coffee cards only cost ~$33.

Or as someone suggested, bring your own preferred brand of soda (selection is limited on the ship) and keep the booze plus buy a coffee card.

BTW: what was a "can't be beat" price for an upsell to a suite?

We were offered it for $249 pp for the 7 days.

Hi all,

We were pleasantly surprised to receive an upsell offer yesterday to move us from our obstructed OV to a Window Suite on our cruise next week. When I saw Window Suite, I called immediately, as I really wasn't interested in a balcony (probably be too cold to really enjoy one in Alaska).

The last time we were in alaska, it rained nearly constantly for the entire 7-day cruise.

Having a covered balcony was great.