Uniworld Daily Itineraries

ewizabeff

Hi everyone,

I'm having fun perusing the "dailies" that were posted for a Viking cruise in a thread today. Does Uniworld offer something like this? I've read their Cruise Companion, but I'd love to see what other type of information they offer (I'm a type A planner).

Specifically, the Danube Discover & Prague trip is what I'm interested in, but I'd be happy seeing anything.

And for folks that have been on a Uniworld all-inclusive cruise in Germany this year ... can you get beer with breakfast? It's a German tradition fro my husband :)

Well, I recently enjoyed the Uniworld "Castles Along the Rhine" cruise, and was again reminded that one of the reasons I like cruises is that I do NOT have to plan, plan, plan. Our Cruise Director took about 15 minutes each evening to give us all a quick overview of the next day's activities and excursions.

As for beer with breakfast, I did not see anyone ordering or drinking any beer at breakfast.

By the way, I enjoyed the Uniworld experience so much, that I've already booked the "Enchanting Danube" trip for next May.

I'm sure they would bring beer if you asked. Since it's all-inclusive, and the beer is there, no reason why not! They did have a nice Weißbier on board; I think that's the traditional breakfast beer...

I have the dailies for our Castles on the Rhine cruise from April. I will scan them and post them in my trip report.

Thank you both for your replies, and especially for the dailies, JP! I'm sure my husband will be requesting a nice Weissbier for breakfast. Once he saw it was on the breakfast menu at restaurants in Germany, he made a point to keep ordering it once we were there.

You should ask if they will serve a proper Bavarian breakfast--weisswurst with sweet mustard, a soft pretzel, and of course, a glass of weissbier. I try to have one whenever I have a morning transfer at Frankfurt airport!

Knowing Uniworld, I am sure they will try to accommodate your husband's desire.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you both for your replies, and especially for the dailies, JP! I'm sure my husband will be requesting a nice Weissbier for breakfast. Once he saw it was on the breakfast menu at restaurants in Germany, he made a point to keep ordering it once we were there.

You should ask if they will serve a proper Bavarian breakfast--weisswurst with sweet mustard, a soft pretzel, and of course, a glass of weissbier. I try to have one whenever I have a morning transfer at Frankfurt airport!

I can't bring myself to start first thing in the morning with the Weißbier, because it might slow me down if I start too early! But I usually knock back a couple in the Sky Lounge at Frankfurt in the late morning, while waiting for our flight home. Last month they had all the perfect components of a Bavarian breakfast as you've outlined above. Yum!

I never used to like Weißwurst until I read somewhere that you are supposed to peel it before you eat it. Now that I've figured that out, the whole character of the wurst has changed for me - and yes, it's delicious with the sweet mustard (süß Senf). Or maybe I just have a thing for foods containing the letter ß...:rolleyes: