NO Priority boarding line in Port Everglades ?!?

voljeep

from a below thread about fastest to board on Regal...

floridalover5623

Posted Today, 08:42 AM

The Royal was the same recently but having to carry around your luggage until the room was ready isn't consoling. People were't being let off on certain decks although we managed to get to our room prior to it being cleaned to at least drop off our luggage.

Also the priority boarding line has been eliminated in Florida.

:(Not good.

:mad::mad: Can someone verify that ?:mad::mad:

So, it's now just show up and get in line with everyone else??

There were quite a few priority lines at pier 2 on January 13th and February 8th when we were there. On both embarkations, Caribbean and Royal, there were over 2,000 priority check in passengers. However, check in went so quickly all the lines, including non priority, were fairly empty. Believe Princess' goal with the medallion is to make check in basically a walk through process.

We had the same experience on our cruise in November. So, yes, apparently it has been happening for some cruises from here. The Regal arrived in port a few hours late and all pax weren't even off by noon. There was a SINGLE long line to get into the terminal for everyone ~ no exceptions. Trust me, I walked to the front several times to confirm. I'll never understand the hostility of other cruisers who doubt someone's experience. It is what it is. While work continues on this port it has also been a challenge to get to some terminals and to park. Just an fyi based on recent experience. (Two November cruises).

My sister was on the Crown in January....on her cruise, the dedicated lines started after you got inside the terminal.

There was priority boarding at pier 2 for the Royal Princess in February but frankly the regular boarding line had a shorter wait since so many of the passengers on the sailing qualified for priority boarding.

They had a priority line outside at Terminal 4 for our Feb. Crown sailing and they didn't need one for our December Regal sailing at Terminal 2 sailing as they have so streamlined the boarding experience that we literally walked right in.

There was NO priority boarding line to get on the Crown this past January. The terminal has been totally renovated....more cramped! Once you fill out the health survey, THEN you can get on the "priority" line. Otherwise you are shuffled along with everyone else to get through security.

That's typical of all ports and all cruise lines that I've used. Priority status doesn't start until you have cleared security.

At Port Everglades, there was always a pre-security priority boarding line.

So the issue is that if you arrive before the doors to the terminal open, everyone has to queue up together. (Elites and newbies standing side-by-side. The horror!) Once they are ready to begin check in, the separate entrance for those with priority boarding is still there.

Nothing new at all.

So the issue is that if you arrive before the doors to the terminal open, everyone has to queue up together. (Elites and newbies standing side-by-side. The horror!) Once they are ready to begin check in, the separate entrance for those with priority boarding is still there.

Nothing new at all.

Yes, it is new.

The way it used to be - A dedicated priority boarding line and a regular boarding line at terminal 2.

Now - Everyone in one line until you go through security, then a Priority line. In dec the priority line was way longer than the regular line. In Jan we were ***** so it was a short line that took 3 times as long to check in.

There was no designated priority line when we arrived at Term 21 on Feb 18 when we arrived. The woman at the door didn't have any idea where to tell people to stand. I'm not sure she understood English very well.

I choose the right hand door, which in the past was always the preferred side at that terminal. Other people were told to go elsewhere towards the front of the building ?

As the doors opened it was total chaos. Every body rushed in & once again it was a mad rush to reach the next bottleneck.

Inside the terminal we were finally separated for the priority lounge.

On Feb 28 we were docked at term 2 & as I arrived again with my suitcase they wasn't much of a line at around 11:30 and no indication where in-transit people should enter. I can't remember any priority sign either although there might have been.

In-transit people were allowed to board immediately but again there was no in-transit sign at the front of the building as there used to be a year or so ago.

We've seen it both ways. In December, there was a separate priority line at Terminal 21 for our Royal Princess cruise, but the regular line to get through security was moving faster. We jumped out of the priority one and into the regular line. I wish we had known sooner about how much faster the regular line was going, but we did not see it until we rounded a corner.

We just got off the Regal, my first cruise in over a year. There was no priority line outside the terminal when we got there at 9:45 am, just one line of people waiting. I asked to be sure and was told yes, so we got to the back of the line.

About 10 or so they opened the doors and everyone went inside to a line, no change. about 10:10 or so, they let you go on in, and go to the Check In area. We were given a card for "Elite A" and pointed to go upstairs to the waiting area.

About 11am they came and got us and we boarded the ship. There were already quite a few people onboard, but I assum that was B2B customers.

No issues for us.

We just got off the Regal, my first cruise in over a year. There was no priority line outside the terminal when we got there at 9:45 am, just one line of people waiting. I asked to be sure and was told yes, so we got to the back of the line.

About 10 or so they opened the doors and everyone went inside to a line, no change. about 10:10 or so, they let you go on in, and go to the Check In area. We were given a card for "Elite A" and pointed to go upstairs to the waiting area.

About 11am they came and got us and we boarded the ship. There were already quite a few people onboard, but I assum that was B2B customers.

No issues for us.

That's how it was for us at Terminal 2 in december . We arrived at 10:05 and the doors were already open and in we went. Given the Elite A and sent upstairs. We were on board before 11.

It used to be that they wouldn't open the door until around 11 so we had no choice but to stand outside.

There was NO priority boarding line to get on the Crown this past January. The terminal has been totally renovated....more cramped! Once you fill out the health survey, THEN you can get on the "priority" line. Otherwise you are shuffled along with everyone else to get through security.

Might it depend on which terminal you are at? When we were on the Crown in February, embarkation was at Terminal 2 -- there were separate entrances and lines for Priority and non.

Not even sure of the issue :). But consider that an awful lot of Princess cruises qualify for "priority boarding" which include all the Elites, Suites, and apparently even others who are willing to pay extra for priority. On several cruises (with multiple cruise lines including Princess) we have actually avoided priority lines (although we qualify) because the regular lines were shorter :). But our experience at Port Everglades is that we almost always got priority boarding (we are Elite) along with a thousand plus others who also qualified. Perhaps the question should be "when is priority not really priority?" And the obvious answer is when most folks are priority.

Hank

Not even sure of the issue :). But consider that an awful lot of Princess cruises qualify for "priority boarding" which include all the Elites, Suites, and apparently even others who are willing to pay extra for priority. On several cruises (with multiple cruise lines including Princess) we have actually avoided priority lines (although we qualify) because the regular lines were shorter :). But our experience at Port Everglades is that we almost always got priority boarding (we are Elite) along with a thousand plus others who also qualified. Perhaps the question should be "when is priority not really priority?" And the obvious answer is when most folks are priority.

Hank

That's becoming more noticeable each year.

It's time for a new upper category that actually means something. :cool:

When we arrived around 11am at Terminal 2 in Feb there wasn't any waiting to go through security. As stated above there were lines for Priority Boarding once you were inside to get your cruise cards. We were also given the following paper. The doors to the corridor where our stateroom was located were closed. You could store your carry-on luggage in the Crown Grill. Since we were doing the BonVoyage we were one of the first on.

FLL.jpg