Bottled Water Questions

Funkat

While I realize that the water onboard is of good quality and I have no problem drinking it, we love to have a bottle of water to bring ashore. I have read some threads that mentioned a daily bottle of water for each guest was a Suite perk? But then, I do not see it mentioned on the Princess website as such. Is it or is it not still a perk?

I also have seen posts referring to a 12-pack or so of bottled water available to purchase prior to boarding. But I do not see this available in the selections for our cruise. Does anyone know if it is available on the Sun Princess? If it is not furnished as a perk, I would much rather purchase it reasonably in the 12-pack than hauling it onboard. At the same time, I do not wish to purchase individual bottles at the prices charged onboard so it would be nice to know for sure.

Know for sure? On Princess? Here's the problem. On the suite perks pdf that is available on line, the bottled water is not listed. However, there are other pages, particularly under individual ships that continue to list it except on the first night. Recent cruisers have reported, on various ships, getting an 8 or a 16 ounce bottle...another case of "it depends."

My plan--I'll take one bottle for each of us, empty, from home. That way, we can refill it for excursions if we don't get the suite bottles on board. If we are getting them on board, I'll toss our empties.

The bottled water package is not available in Australia.

To confirm what was noted above: the suite perk of bottled water was removed from the suite amenities flyer last fall:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

...but if you go to the Sun Princess ship-specific page on the website, scroll to Accommodations, select Suite and click on 'Show Stateroom Features' there it is:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/sp-sun-princess/

• Approx. 460 to 932 sq. ft., including balcony
  • Luxury balcony furniture including 2 loungers, 4 chairs, table and ottoman
  • 2 floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Separate sitting area with sofa bed, chair and 2 tables
  • One complimentary mini-bar setup and free daily bottled water~
  • Spacious walk-in closet

(excerpt from column one)

So perhaps you should take a screenshot of the page just before boarding to state your case.

Edited by fishywood

So perhaps you should take a screenshot of the page just before boarding to state your case.

Could this possibly be the 1 liter bottles and not the 500ml ml bottles you carry around? Just asking?

Know for sure? On Princess? Here's the problem. On the suite perks pdf that is available on line' date=' the bottled water is not listed. However, there are other pages, particularly under individual ships that continue to list it except on the first night. Recent cruisers have reported, on various ships, getting an 8 or a 16 ounce bottle...another case of "it depends."

My plan--I'll take one bottle for each of us, empty, from home. That way, we can refill it for excursions if we don't get the suite bottles on board. If we are getting them on board, I'll toss our empties.[/quote']

Thanks. That's a great plan since empty water bottles would weigh next to nothing.

To confirm what was noted above: the suite perk of bottled water was removed from the suite amenities flyer last fall:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

...but if you go to the Sun Princess ship-specific page on the website, scroll to Accommodations, select Suite and click on 'Show Stateroom Features' there it is:

Thank you so much. I thought I had seen it on the website before but could not find where. With so much being changed, I was concerned that the perk had been discontinued and I knew that bottled water was not included in the soda package.

I did take a screenshot and will replace it with another just before we leave. I may also print it out to highlight, if necessary.

Used to be we could pre-order a case of 24 and then later order again. Not anymore I guess. Along with some spirits and wine I pre-ordered a case (24 bottles, (16.9 oz bottles) for around .50 a bottle) for our mini-suite on our Jan. 22 sailing, Pacific Princess.

Upon embarkation I found everything in order except the water was only half a case. I asked why. They said the water was complimentary. Room Stewart pointed out that our free mini-bar setup also included two free bottles as well. Thank you very much.

Then, later in the voyage I ordered more water, a case of 24, they said no can do, you have to buy it now by the bottle, $2.00 per. Reason--they said, was that I had to pre-order water to get a case. I said, I did, but you gave me half a case for free instead. They said, we are all out of half cases?---Nevermind.

To be on the safe side, I just pre-ordered 12 bottles of water for our upcoming March 23rd Hawaii cruise. $6.90

If that option was available to us, I would have had no problem ordering extra water. Unfortunately, sailing out of Sydney that is not an option.

We were in a suite on Caribbean Princess in December and we were brought 2 bottles of water everyday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Used to be we could pre-order a case of 24 and then later order again. Not anymore I guess. Along with some spirits and wine I pre-ordered a case (24 bottles, (16.9 oz bottles) for around .50 a bottle) for our mini-suite on our Jan. 22 sailing, Pacific Princess.

Upon embarkation I found everything in order except the water was only half a case. I asked why. They said the water was complimentary. Room Stewart pointed out that our free mini-bar setup also included two free bottles as well. Thank you very much.

Then, later in the voyage I ordered more water, a case of 24, they said no can do, you have to buy it now by the bottle, $2.00 per. Reason--they said, was that I had to pre-order water to get a case. I said, I did, but you gave me half a case for free instead. They said, we are all out of half cases?---Nevermind.

Great that Princess still gives you complimentary bottled water for suite guests but seems they would have still honored your order. For all they know, you may have wanted more than the complimentary allowance.

Great that Princess still gives you complimentary bottled water for suite guests but seems they would have still honored your order. For all they know, you may have wanted more than the complimentary allowance.

Well, first off we weren't full suite, we were mini-suite as I noted in my OP. Never could figure out why we got half a case of water to begin with, complimentary. Maybe had something to do with the cruise package we purchased. Not sure.

However, I offered to buy a full case pre-order, which they didn’t provide. If they wanted to give me another half case for free that was fine. Perhaps, I wasn’t clear in my post here, later on I ordered a full case which I wanted to pay for, I did not ask for an additional complimentary half case then, as you suggest I might have, or did I ask for a free one to begin the voyage either. I made it very clear I was willing to pay all along. But not $2.00 per bottle. Wow, Regent is looking better again, for our next adventure on the high seas.

Still haven't figured out how someone can order a full case of water. The Onboard beverages area on both my currently booked cruises show 12 bottles .5 liter available for $6.90. You could certainly order more than one of these, but I don't recall ever seeing the ability to order what is normally considered a full case of 24. This is only available pre-cruise, never onboard. Whenever I have seen the room service folks delivering individual water to rooms they are pulling it out of a 12 bottle case. Must be easier for them to handle.

Edited by LeeW
more

The Onboard beverages area on both my currently booked cruises show 12 bottles .5 liter available for $6.90. You could certainly order more than one of these, but I don't recall ever seeing the ability to order what is normally considered a full case of 24. This is only available pre-cruise, never onboard. Whenever I have seen the room service folks delivering individual water to rooms they are pulling it out of a 12 bottle case.

I believe you are correct. However, that is the way things are shaping up today, I think the not being able to order a case of 24 is a relatively new development. Our most recent experience took place only a few weeks ago. I pre-ordered a case of 24 and paid for it, I thought. But once on board we found a half case, to make things more confusing it was complimentary.

Now we were on the same ship a little over a year before. There was no requirement that you had to pre-order anything, you could get the same through cabin service once on board, November and December 2016. However, I did pre-order a case of 24 and it was waiting in our cabin for us. Later in the voyage I ordered another case of 24, it was delivered.

Over the interim period between the two cruises, I noticed posts on various threads regarding failure to pre-order spirits and wine resulted in no cabin service for these items. This concerned me, but on our most recent cruise I had no problem ordering from cabin service, 750 ml bottles of wine, as long as they had it on board and not necessarily on their cabin service menu and 375 ml bottles of spirits but those had to be on the cabin service menu. We had no problem with cabin service suggesting we had to pre-order spirits in order to get them from cabin service but two Princess representatives have told me they believe this stems from pre-orders getting priority. If they are short on such and such spirit on board, then without a pre-order you aren't going to get it from cabin service.

Well, first off we weren't full suite, we were mini-suite as I noted in my OP. Never could figure out why we got half a case of water to begin with, complimentary. Maybe had something to do with the cruise package we purchased. Not sure.

However, I offered to buy a full case pre-order, which they didn’t provide. If they wanted to give me another half case for free that was fine. Perhaps, I wasn’t clear in my post here, later on I ordered a full case which I wanted to pay for, I did not ask for an additional complimentary half case then, as you suggest I might have, or did I ask for a free one to begin the voyage either. I made it very clear I was willing to pay all along. But not $2.00 per bottle. Wow, Regent is looking better again, for our next adventure on the high seas.

I was not suggesting that you were asking for additional complimentary water. I merely stated that they should have still filled your order to purchase the case even though you received some complimentary.