Cost of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages

babs135

Have decided that the alcoholic beverage package is too expensive for us as we only drink 1 or possibly 2 drinks a day whilst on holiday but would be grateful if anyone has a list of prices per drink, plus cocktails.

Am leaning towards the soda package but again trying to work out whether it is simply worth it. Normally would have 1 coke type drink a day and then stick to what comes complimentary but I quite like the sound of the mocktails.

Again, does anyone have a costing for the soft drinks?

We are on a 7 days sailing on the Regal Princess.

Thanks in advance.

Here is the non-alcoholic (mocktail) menu from a week ago on the Ruby. All mocktails are $5.50 each. You can get a lot more than what’s listed here. The “Soda and More” package is a good deal since you’d break even with just two mocktails or sodas a day. 3bfaa96473f4d402d492c92d3019ae8d.jpg

Here is the non-alcoholic (mocktail) menu from a week ago on the Ruby. All mocktails are $5.50 each. You can get a lot more than what’s listed here. The “Soda and More” package is a good deal since you’d break even with just two mocktails or sodas a day. 3bfaa96473f4d402d492c92d3019ae8d.jpg

The calories alone in more than two mocktails would do me in. :o

I need to know this, also. Posters keep saying "only the ones from the gun." I know that, but how much is that?

I "think" most canned soda is something like $2.50 per can. If you are a soda drinker I would strongly urge you to simply take a 12 pack or two with you. Carry it on and there will be no problem at all. It's vastly cheaper than buying it on the ship and they have a very limited selection so might not even carry what you like.

I need to know this, also. Posters keep saying "only the ones from the gun." I know that, but how much is that?

I remember reading that "from the gun" is about the same amount as half a can, or 6 oz.

I remember reading that "from the gun" is about the same amount as half a can, or 6 oz.

I do not like the Diet Coke from the gun. I buy the can, always. Only drink 1 per day. Major difference in taste.

I "think" most canned soda is something like $2.50 per can. If you are a soda drinker I would strongly urge you to simply take a 12 pack or two with you. Carry it on and there will be no problem at all. It's vastly cheaper than buying it on the ship and they have a very limited selection so might not even carry what you like.

It's not for me or DH...I've gone "soda free" and he brings his own or does without. It's for my grandkids, and I don't want them getting more than 1 or 2/day + a mocktail or smoothie. That's why I'm trying to figure out if 1 soda/day and a mocktail (which I know the price of) is worth the price of a soda & more card. So if a soda is $3 it is worth it. If not, it isn't. "From the gun" has something like Sprite, which is fine for the kids.

Thrak

I suggested people bring their own water if possible when boarding, got flamed for making that suggestion.

Have decided that the alcoholic beverage package is too expensive for us as we only drink 1 or possibly 2 drinks a day whilst on holiday but would be grateful if anyone has a list of prices per drink, plus cocktails.

Am leaning towards the soda package but again trying to work out whether it is simply worth it. Normally would have 1 coke type drink a day and then stick to what comes complimentary but I quite like the sound of the mocktails.

Again, does anyone have a costing for the soft drinks?

We are on a 7 days sailing on the Regal Princess.

Thanks in advance.

From May 2017. Still fairly close to today's prices.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6tGB99g37fgoVbQW5ntnfLC5eL8WBtwj9gb4Il3vdI/edit#gid=1707712033

It's not for me or DH...I've gone "soda free" and he brings his own or does without. It's for my grandkids, and I don't want them getting more than 1 or 2/day + a mocktail or smoothie. That's why I'm trying to figure out if 1 soda/day and a mocktail (which I know the price of) is worth the price of a soda & more card. So if a soda is $3 it is worth it. If not, it isn't. "From the gun" has something like Sprite, which is fine for the kids.

Yes, it would be worth it..you are charged the grat on each soda, mocktail...etc. (5.50 + 15% just for a mocktail)

Total for the Ultimate soda..$8.05 includes grat.

Edited by land lover

Thrak

I suggested people bring their own water if possible when boarding, got flamed for making that suggestion.

Well, you need to bring your own water to put that flame out;p.....I've been on CC forever...amazes me how one week everyone thinks it's a great idea, and the next week everyone changes their mind......

Enj:Dy

That shriek of delight you've just heard was me-I just found my preferred alcoholic drink-Crème de Menthe!

Please, does anyone know which bar is most likely to have Crème de Menthe available? I'll be on the Golden Princess this coming October. and if it's only available at 1 bar, then that shall be my "local" while aboard. I've tried other drinks but prefer Crème de Menthe-green if possible but white I MUST just remember it's a Grown Up drink, so no greedy gulping or I'll give myself a headache!

As far as I know, the AUDS cost for Cocktails is $16. I will budget $20 per drink so I have a little reserve. I cannot get the Premier Drink Package on a 3 night cruise in Australia. Having my preferred alcoholic drink available is an unexpected surprise-hope it is stocked on the Golden Princess. I was working from an earlier Beverage Package posting which didn't have it, so hopefully it's new.