Happy Hour

Host CJSKIDS

I got off Royal on 28 Feb. BOGO was in Wheelhouse & Crooners on sea days from 3-4. It was only in Crooners from 3-4 on other days. It was avaiable each night in Club 6 from 10-11 or 1030-1130 depending on other entertainment.

We used it 9 of 10 days. Severely disappointed if it goes away!!!!

We were on the 18 to 28 sailing yes it was available but we also sailed the 28 to March 10 sailing and it was no longer offered.

Little off topic but do they have draft beer? If so could anyone comment on type/brands and cost. I am a big draught lover.

I remember my husband getting draft...Stella. That is all we saw and it wasn’t at every bar. Cant rmrmber the price but it was compatible with other beers offered.

Chris

I was told by one of the supervisors that it was discontinued because people were stocking up on drinks & the sales were terrible at other times of day.

Maybe they read the posts here about how to reseal opened beers, and save them for later.

RIP Happy Hour :(

As suggested, I emailed Jan Swartz as well as Customer Relations expressing my disappointment over the demise of the BOGO+1 Happy Hour. I received a call from a Customer Relations rep in regard to the Swartz email. (That is where those emails go, she told me.) She had done enough research to know my cell phone number as well as my upcoming cruise schedule. She confirmed that the BOGO+1 has been discontinued fleet-wide but that they are "tracking" the emails - No apologies.

What should she be apologizing for? When a retail store has a special or sale and then discontinues it do you ask for an apologies?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was told by one of the supervisors that it was discontinued because people were stocking up on drinks & the sales were terrible at other times of day.

What should she be apologizing for? When a retail store has a special or sale and then discontinues it do you ask for an apologies?

Many people seem to forget that Princess and all are cruise lines are a business answerable to shareholders. I am not one of them but I'm sure some of the posters on this thread hold Carnival Corporation stock. We all have the option of taking our business - whether it is cruising or investing in cruise corporations - elsewhere.

No, I wouldn't and didn't ask for an apology, but any time I have expressed my disappointment regarding a decrease in value given by a store where I am a repeat customer, an apology has been offered. In this case I didn't really expect an apology, but thought it worth mentioning that none was offered.

I think the difference here is that most people book cruises months (maybe even year or so) in advance when certain specials are still active.

I sent a brief email of disapproval about the death of happy hour to customer services a few days ago, got my automated reply and then, today, a form email, as expected, saying F-U, but nicely. I suggest that cruisers start sharing info on shore experiences with cheap drinks. My best ever was in St Maarten on the boardwalk drinking $2 beers and watching the mini parade go by.

This beats my customer service request that they stop the dumb policy of opening BOTH beers when delivered at happy hour. The ship staff said that it was corporate policy -- so customer services forwarded my complaint to-- the ship's staff.

Currently onboard the Royal. Both BOGOS are definitely gone. It was decimated whatever crowd club 6 was getting for the later night Happy Hour. Real bummer!

We are currently on the Diamond Princess. We don’t miss the BOGO at all. The Wheelhouse Bar is now a quiet afternoon place to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner. No more waiting in line to get a couple of glasses of wine or drinks. No more jockeying for a place to sit. No more feeling like I have to join in the obligatory “where are you from” or “how many cruises.” Do, it might add $100 to $150 to the cost of the cruise. But, after $7000 plus, it isn’t really relevant. Think I might send Princess a letter too.

I was on a b2b on the Regal in February. The 1st week we had BOGO, the 2nd week it was gone. We did have $3.00 Bellinis all day on deck 16 for our first four days of the second week. Then they disappeared. Anyone else have $3.00 Bellinis? Were they too popular and Princess took them away quickly?

I think the difference here is that most people book cruises months (maybe even year or so) in advance when certain specials are still active.
Bases on that cruise lines could never change anything, because people book so far in advance.

Happy hour was never advertised as a special offer or even mentioned on their website, so "I was promised this when I booked" seems a little week.

I think I did Happy Hour once on my last cruise? Really crowded, didn't see what the big deal was.

We are currently on the Diamond Princess. We don’t miss the BOGO at all. The Wheelhouse Bar is now a quiet afternoon place to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner. No more waiting in line to get a couple of glasses of wine or drinks. No more jockeying for a place to sit. No more feeling like I have to join in the obligatory “where are you from” or “how many cruises.” Do, it might add $100 to $150 to the cost of the cruise. But, after $7000 plus, it isn’t really relevant. Think I might send Princess a letter too.

What does “feeling like I have to join in the obligatory ‘where are you from’ or ‘how many cruises’” have to do with BOGO? And why would you feel obligated to join in regardless?

The fact that venues were full during BOGOF suggests very loudly to me that the offer was extremely popular with guests. The fact that if venues are quiet now adds weight to my thoughts that people were not there for the venue but the offer, and sounds like more guests were happier with the offer than the odd ones who didn't like it.

I was on a b2b on the Regal in February. The 1st week we had BOGO, the 2nd week it was gone. We did have $3.00 Bellinis all day on deck 16 for our first four days of the second week. Then they disappeared. Anyone else have $3.00 Bellinis? Were they too popular and Princess took them away quickly?

I wonder if they had these in December and the 4 of us missed them because we were sitting in the Sanctuary?!!

Perhaps they were testing this out to possibly replace the BOGO?

The fact that venues were full during BOGOF suggests very loudly to me that the offer was extremely popular with guests. The fact that if venues are quiet now adds weight to my thoughts that people were not there for the venue but the offer, and sounds like more guests were happier with the offer than the odd ones who didn't like it.

Not only popular for guests but also for the bar staff because of the 15% tip added to many more drinks than would be sold at that time. And a lower profit margin on many drinks is still more profitable than a quiet bar.

One person was happy to have a quiet & nearly empty bar but that’s not as profitable for Princess & is very disappointing for many passengers. For those who desire solitude that’s possible during most of the day.

A previous post stated that Princess said BOGO$1 was being eliminated due to too many passengers stocking up on drinks which reduced drink purchases later. If that’s true, that’s a valid concern & they’ll evaluate whether HH is still more profitable or not.

I don’t smuggle alcohol but the elimination of the HH could result in more passengers doing it resulting in lower profits.

Statements from Princess say that the HH elimination was done by their F&B department but wonder if it was actually done at the direction of upper management. :confused:

Agree!

• 1 month later...