carnival cabins to avoid

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:47 AM.
Metropolis, IL. (home of Superman)
633 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by bp traveler
Just back from the Freedom and had 6454 an aft balcony and it was our first aft balcony and my last!!!
Hi, did you happen to take any pics? Sorry, not of the soot but of the balcony? We have 7445 next year. The ship is so new, I can't find out much about it. Any help would be appreciated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
Deena (Honeybear)
Simpsonville, South Carolina
9,125 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Any info on Elation M159? There is a white spot in front of the room. I am not worried, just wondering. Long story short is that the price dropped for my 1A guarantee yesterday, so I had to go back into the pool to get the price adjustment. I was previously assigned R9(4A). Today I was assigned my room. Another 4A on the Main Deck, M159. I appreciate the help. I am just happy to be on the ship, but curious about the space .

Thanks so much.

Marie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marie
Upcoming cruises:
October 24, 2017 - Celebrity Infinity (Westbound Panama Canal)
December 18, 2017 - Celebrity Reflection(Quick Christmas Getaway)
Jan 7, 2018 - Crown Princess
June 3, 2018 - HAL Noordam(ALASKA and DIY land)
New York
52 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
I have only cruised 3 times and have booked through Carnival - I explained exactly what we wanted and have not been disappointed. I have called or e-mailed them about various questions and have always received a call or e-mail. They are great. Kathyh
phila, pa
51,838 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by lucy9465
I am in oceanview room 2395 on the valor can anyone tell me about this room, good, bad, noisy or what.

is a connecting cabin. the door is located down by your window. You have covertible sofa bed--the cabin holds two people.

Its located under the gally- you MIGHT hear rolling carts.

if you go to carnival web site--click on funships- valor then state rooms-- clicking on the oceanview will show you what the cabin will look like
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next up-- Crown Princess 01/07 Aruba 03/4 Carnival Liberty 08/26

. o ..
o . o o.o
...oo
__[]__
__|_o_o_o\__
""""""""""/
. .. . /
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
9,125 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by ExaltHim
Any info on Elation M159? There is a white spot in front of the room. I am not worried, just wondering. Long story short is that the price dropped for my 1A guarantee yesterday, so I had to go back into the pool to get the price adjustment. I was previously assigned R9(4A). Today I was assigned my room. Another 4A on the Main Deck, M159. I appreciate the help. I am just happy to be on the ship, but curious about the space .

Thanks so much.

Marie
Hi Serene,

Would appreciate your input. Thanks. I am thinking it is storage/work area for the crew, which is fine, just wondering.

Marie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marie
Upcoming cruises:
phila, pa
51,838 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by ExaltHim
Any info on Elation M159? There is a white spot in front of the room. I am not worried, just wondering. Long story short is that the price dropped for my 1A guarantee yesterday, so I had to go back into the pool to get the price adjustment. I was previously assigned R9(4A). Today I was assigned my room. Another 4A on the Main Deck, M159. I appreciate the help. I am just happy to be on the ship, but curious about the space .hanks so much.Marie

Sorry Marie-- I didnt see this post.

This new cabin is way better thenthe first one-
At least you are more midship.
With the R7 boy that woulda been loud in the mornings when the anchor dropped.
your change is better for you.. you are now located by the stairs elevators. You wont hear them and hopefully wont have rude passengers sailing with you.

If looking at the deck plans you will see that white area around all the elevators. I dont think that is something you should be worried about.

On the sensation the steward area is more in the white hallway more aft from your cabin. I also dont recall a laundry area on this floor either.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

. o ..
o . o o.o
...oo
__[]__
__|_o_o_o\__
""""""""""/
. .. . /
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
9,125 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Thanks, Serene. I agree, I am in a much better location now .

Marie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marie
Upcoming cruises:
phila, pa
51,838 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by Honeybear
Hi, did you happen to take any pics? Sorry, not of the soot but of the balcony? We have 7445 next year. The ship is so new, I can't find out much about it. Any help would be appreciated.

the freeedom will be the same exact thing as the LIBERTY, VALOR, CONQUEST & GLORY.

www.cruiseclues.com
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

. o ..
o . o o.o
...oo
__[]__
__|_o_o_o\__
""""""""""/
. .. . /
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
New York
52 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Why did you remove the contact information from the reply? I thought it would help solve some of the problems the cruisers were having with room assignments. Andy has been wonderful, meeting all our needs and giving us excellent advice on rooms etc, kathyh
9,125 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Kathy,

I believe CC views it as TA information. We are not allowed to post our TA's contact information, or name companies we book with, etc. Unfortunately, it is against the rules at CC.

Marie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marie
Upcoming cruises:
200 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
My Husband & I are going on the Triumph on Jan 5th, 08 and we have a mini sweet room 7312, anything on that location? Just wondering, this will be our 1st cruise and don't know much about this stuff, thank goodness for this board.
San Tan Valley, Arizona
230 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Hi everyone, We will be on the Pride in Oct. Were in 8157 Panorama deck. Does anyone know anything on how good or bad this room is? I would appreciate anything you can give me. Thankyou, Debbie
Temecula
169 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
We're in balcony rooms 6244 and 6246 on the Empress deck on the Pride...there are no inside rooms across the hall from us, just white space down the whole hall...what is it?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

32 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
W()w! I Have Read Alot About The Cabins From Hell! If Anyone Has Been In 6454 Valor (very Back End Of Ship-aft) I Would Really Apprecate Your Input--we Sail 3/16/08. Thanks In Advance!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[IMG]http://www.***************/ticker/image.php?code=0XT13265e7Xk2Xs23XFANTASY GETAWAY[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.***************/ticker/image.php?code=0XT13266bcXk17Xs25XVALOR[/IMG]
~ 3 TEENS & A TODDLER ~
79 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by serene56
is a connecting cabin. the door is located down by your window. You have covertible sofa bed--the cabin holds two people.

Its located under the gally- you MIGHT hear rolling carts.

if you go to carnival web site--click on funships- valor then state rooms-- clicking on the oceanview will show you what the cabin will look like

did you have this room serene? I was told this room would hold 3 people that is how many are in this room. Do you think I will have any problems
Houston, TX
363 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Hi All:
Just a question about the Main Deck. I read most of this thread and didn't see to much info on the staterooms on the Main. Anybody no much about this deck and what we should expect ? We have an OV 6B. First Cruise
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Henderson, NV USA
558 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
I personally like the lower decks, there is less motion if the seas are a little rough. However, the closer you get to the front or back of the ship the more you will hear either anchor noises or Azipod/Thruster noises. This was very evident on my Glory Cruise, I had a 1A near the end of the ship and could hear the Azipods chruning as we were doing 360's in the water on a night
@ sea. Don't know why, maybe a test maybe just for fun in the Capitans chair, but the rumble was loud and the TV GPS showed everything little circles in the middle of the ocean. It finally quit @ midnight.

As for teh Front os the ship. You will not need a wake-up call or alarm clock you WILL BE WOKEN up by the anchor noises every time
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ecstasy 8/19/96
Holiday 1/18/99
Glory 5/22/04
Legend 3/3/05
Glory 5/21/05
Valor 2/26/06
Fantasy 5/27/06
Valor 9/10/06
Sensation 11/30/06
Paradise 1/15/07 (Platinum)
Liberty 3/3/07
Triumph 9/29/07
Diamond Princess 4/01/08
Glory 11/01/08
Disney Wonder 12/07/08
Elation 2/19/09
Elation 7/20/09
Valor 1/24/10
Imagination 10/25/10
Paradise 01/17/10
Legend 11/6/11
B2B Destiny 2/2011
Dream 9/2011
Spirit 11/2011
Inspiration 1/2012
Spirit Alaska Milestone 5/2012
Dream 8/31/13
Dream Part Deux 4/04/14
Carnival Splendor Western Caribbean 11/09/14 (Re_Retirement Cruise)
Princess to Ensenada Crown Princess 1/19/15
Freedom Western Caribbean 8/22/15
Magic Western Caribbean 7/9/16
Magic B2B East and West Caribbean 1/7/17 & 1/14/17
Miracle Journeys Hawaii 11/26/17
Legend Alaska 5/8/17

Pryd
Ray
California
11,688 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by 5-cruisers
W()w! I Have Read Alot About The Cabins From Hell! If Anyone Has Been In 6454 Valor (very Back End Of Ship-aft) I Would Really Apprecate Your Input--we Sail 3/16/08. Thanks In Advance!
Yes, very aft with a 2 twins/king and a convertable sofa.
You may here the beat of the music from the aft lounge below but it's really not that bad, sounds louder in the hall, then in the cabin.
Your Balcony will be deeper but you will be able to see all you neighbors because of the slanted dividers.
Don't sit outside late at night, you will get wet, they clean the Panorama deck then blow the water off the back of the ship, getting the aft balconies wet, the good news is, decks 8 & 7 will get more wet then you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life should have no other goal then to just find a pool bar and order a drink!
Unofficial Barstool safety & comfort control inspector

Inspiration X3
Imagination X2
Paradise
Conquest
Destiny
Valor X2
Elation X3
Liberty
Splendor
Spirit
Victory