Rotterdam to Amsterdam Private Group Tours?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
British Isles/Western Europe
Amsterdam, Brugge, Dublin, Edinburgh, London (Dover, Harwich, Southampton)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:24 AM.
#1
Calabasas, CA, USA
11,717 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
We're on the Celebrity Eclipse next July...and they recently changed the port in Amsterdam to Rotterdam.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience or information regarding any private tour companies that would pick up from the ship in Rotterdam and offer a tour to Amsterdam, possibly including sites like the Anne Frank House, Rijksmuseum, Canal Boat cruise, Portuguese Synagogue, etc. (Not sure how much to expect to fit into the day--the ship does not leave until midnight)...

Anyone? Thanks...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next:
12/22/17 RCCL Navigator OTS-S Caribbean 9 nt
6/29/18 Celebrity Millennium-Alaska-7 nt
7/18/18 Viking Aegir-E. Europe-13 nt

7/8/19 Celebrity Reflection British Isles 12 nt

HAL Maasdam 7 nt Canada 7/17*RCCL Jewel OTS 7 nt Greece 7/17*RCCL Jewel OTS 7 nt W Med 6/17*Ruby Princess 8 nt Mex Riviera 12/16*Celebrity Constellation 13 nt Iberia 7/16*Celebrity Silhouette 7 nt W. Carib 3/16*Star Princess 5 nt Cabo 11/15*Celebrity Xpedition 10 nt Galapagos/Quito 7/15*Celebrity Millennium 7 nt Alaska 6/15*Crown Princess 3 nt Baja 1/15*Golden Princess 3 nt Baja 11/14*Viking Emerald 17 nt China 6/14*RCCL Allure OTS 7 nt E. Carib 1/14*Golden Princess 3 nt Baja 11/13*Celebrity Silhouette 13 nt Adriatic 6/13*RCCL Mariner OTS 7 nt W. Carib 12/12*Celebrity Eclipse 14 nt Iceland/Norway 7/12*Celebrity Century 13 nt Australia/New Zealand 12/11-12*Oceania Marina 16 nt W. Europe 8/11*Carnival Paradise 3 nt Baja 2/11*RCCL Allure OTS 7 nt W. Carib 1/11*Celebrity Eclipse 14 nt Baltic 7/10*Celebrity Summit 7 nt S. Carib 3/10*RCCL Mariner OTS, 7 nt Mex Riviera 1/10*Oceania Nautica 14 nt Med/Egypt/Israel 6/09*RCCL Mariner OTS 1 nt Pre-Inaugural 2/09*Sapphire Princess 7 nt Mex Riviera 12/08-9*Celebrity Constellation 14 nt Baltic 7/08*RCCL Vision OTS 7 nt Mex Riviera 3/08*Carnival Liberty, 8 nt Panama 7/07*RCCL Liberty OTS 7 nt W. Caribbean 6/07*RCCL Monarch OTS 5 nt Baja 1/07*Oceania Nautica 14 nt Med 7/06*RCCL Monarch OTS 3 nt Baja 4/06*Celebrity Constellation 14 nt N. Europe 7/05*Celebrity Constellation 7 nt S. Carib 3/05*Celebrity Summit 13 nt Alaska Cruisetour 7/04*RCCL Monarch OTS 3 nt Baja 1/04*Celebrity Millennium 13 nt Med 8/03*RCCL Grandeur OTS 7 nt Mex Riviera 7/02*Crown Princess, 10 nt Baltic/Russia 8/01*Carnival Elation 7 nt Mex Riviera 8/00*RCCL Grandeur OTS 7 nt E. Carib 8/98*Carnival Jubilee 7 nt Mex Riviera 7/97*RCCL Viking Serenade 4 nt Baja 7/96*RCCL Viking Serenade 3 nt Baja 6/94*Norwegian Southward 3 nt Baja 12/89*Premier Big Red Boat Atlantic 7 nt Disney 3/89
#2
The Netherlands, wintermonths in Puerto vallarta, Mexico
6,610 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
I am surprised to read X will sail to Rotterdam. They planned to do this a few years ago, but changed it back to Amsterdam since that still is the place most tourists want to see....
Should they offer a shuttle to Amsterdam - transportation only - I think that will be the best and easiest way. Then you can make your own schedule - incl. how long to stay in one of the museums.
Make online reservations for An Frankhuis and Van Gogh to skip the often long lines.

Apart from that there is excellent traintransportation between Rotterdam Centraal Station and Amsterdam CS. A few trains each hour. check www.ns.nl
In Rotterdam take a tram or metro to CS, in Amsterdam you can take a tram to An Frank, Museumplein etc.

I have read in former postings about this driver, but donot know it myself.
http://www.comforttours.nl/private_guide/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Last cruises: Koningsdam 27 August 2017 - Norway
Celebrity Millenium Asia, December 2016
RCCL Vision of the seas Med, october 15 2016.
Various cruises on HAL, Celebrity and Orient Lines (doesnot exist anymore)
1st cruise 1983 HAL "Volendam"[/b][/font]
1963 DH sailed Chandris Lines (Bretagne) from Australia to Europe.
Various trips by car through Europe, the USA and Mexico.
Frequent long winter stay in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
#3
Germany/Switzerland
9,378 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
If you are no more than 4 persons, I can highly recommend

http://www.dagtoertaxi.nl/

We used him recently for transfer purposes but did also private shore excursion once we called Amsterdam.

As he has a full taxi license as well:

to bring to places not allowed for the public transport he can just put his TAXI-sign on his roof.

Regards,
HeinBloed
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#4
Netherlands
144 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
I am from Rotterdam. Use the train (cheapest way too!) from rotterdam central station to Amsterdam central station. It will take you there in about 1/1,5 hours and it goes twice every hour.

When you are in Amsterdam, there is no way you can fit everything in one day.
Most things close around 6 (most shops, museum etc) and in most cases there is a HUGE line to enter the Anne Frank huis, to be very honest it's not that amazing.
The Rijksmuseum is a great option, after that you can do a canel tour which i highly recommend!
Also make sure you visit the red light district, it's really something you have to see!
For shopping, I prefer Rotterdam. More shops and they are really close to eachother in the center.

The city center of Amsterdam is mainly closed for traffic, or it takes a while to get through with a car. Everything is really close together and you can EASILY walk from the museum to the canal tour, to the red light district, anne frank huis etc!!!
Trust me and take the train

For info, let me know!
#5
Tennessee, USA
259 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Axzel Thanks for the great info! Do you know about how far it is from the port in Rotterdam to the train station? Our ship arrives in Rotterdam at noon . Can we make a 12:41 departure?
Thanks,
Basil1

Originally posted by axzel
I am from Rotterdam. Use the train (cheapest way too!) from rotterdam central station to Amsterdam central station. It will take you there in about 1/1,5 hours and it goes twice every hour.

When you are in Amsterdam, there is no way you can fit everything in one day.
Most things close around 6 (most shops, museum etc) and in most cases there is a HUGE line to enter the Anne Frank huis, to be very honest it's not that amazing.
The Rijksmuseum is a great option, after that you can do a canel tour which i highly recommend!
Also make sure you visit the red light district, it's really something you have to see!
For shopping, I prefer Rotterdam. More shops and they are really close to eachother in the center.

The city center of Amsterdam is mainly closed for traffic, or it takes a while to get through with a car. Everything is really close together and you can EASILY walk from the museum to the canal tour, to the red light district, anne frank huis etc!!!
Trust me and take the train

For info, let me know!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Basil1
[color="Blue"]
08/17 Celebrity Equinox Eastern Caribbean
01/17 RCCL Freedom
07/16 Celebrity Silhouette Baltic
01/16 Celebrity Equinox Caribbean
04/15 Crown Princess Pacific Coastal
01/15 Celebrity Equinox
03/2014 Royal Princess E Caribbean
08/2013 Ocean Princess British Isles
01/2013 Celebrity Silhouette W Caribbean
08/2012 Celebrity Infinity Alaska
02/2011 Celebrity Eclipse W Caribbean
09/2009 Grand Princess Mediterranean
02/2009 Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera
11/2007 Celebrity Galaxy Europe
10/2005 Celebrity Millennium Mediterranean
05/2005 Celebrity Horizon Bermuda
12/1999 Premier Oceanic Caribbean
09/1999 Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas
02/1999 Carnival Paradise
01/1999 Premier Oceanic Bahamas
1998 Premier Ocean Breeze Panama Canal
07/1997 Carnival Imagination W. Caribbean
12/1996 Carnival Ecstasy Mexico
07/1996 Carnival Fascination S.Caribbean
08/1994 Festivale S. Caribbean
#6
The Netherlands, wintermonths in Puerto vallarta, Mexico
6,610 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Originally posted by basil1
Axzel Thanks for the great info! Do you know about how far it is from the port in Rotterdam to the train station? Our ship arrives in Rotterdam at noon . Can we make a 12:41 departure?
Thanks,
Basil1
From Rotterdam cruise terminal to Rotterdam CS by cab will be around 10 minutes. It will depend what time you can be off the ship.
It this is the end of your cruise it will also depend on possible customs and/or if all people have paid their bills.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Last cruises: Koningsdam 27 August 2017 - Norway
Celebrity Millenium Asia, December 2016
RCCL Vision of the seas Med, october 15 2016.
Various cruises on HAL, Celebrity and Orient Lines (doesnot exist anymore)
1st cruise 1983 HAL "Volendam"[/b][/font]
1963 DH sailed Chandris Lines (Bretagne) from Australia to Europe.
Various trips by car through Europe, the USA and Mexico.
Frequent long winter stay in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
#7
Tennessee, USA
259 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Rotterdam isn't a disembarkation port it is our first port after sailing. I noticed that someone posted a photo of the port area on another thread and there is a metro station very nearby to the cruise ship terminal. It says Wilhilmineplien (from memory...probably not spelled correctly) it that the name of the station? In other words that is not Centraal station? Or is that Centraal and Wilhilmineplien is the name of the road. Sorry if that's a stupid question. Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by Ine
From Rotterdam cruise terminal to Rotterdam CS by cab will be around 10 minutes. It will depend what time you can be off the ship.
It this is the end of your cruise it will also depend on possible customs and/or if all people have paid their bills.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Basil1
[color="Blue"]
08/17 Celebrity Equinox Eastern Caribbean
01/17 RCCL Freedom
07/16 Celebrity Silhouette Baltic
01/16 Celebrity Equinox Caribbean
04/15 Crown Princess Pacific Coastal
01/15 Celebrity Equinox
03/2014 Royal Princess E Caribbean
08/2013 Ocean Princess British Isles
01/2013 Celebrity Silhouette W Caribbean
08/2012 Celebrity Infinity Alaska
02/2011 Celebrity Eclipse W Caribbean
09/2009 Grand Princess Mediterranean
02/2009 Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera
11/2007 Celebrity Galaxy Europe
10/2005 Celebrity Millennium Mediterranean
05/2005 Celebrity Horizon Bermuda
12/1999 Premier Oceanic Caribbean
09/1999 Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas
02/1999 Carnival Paradise
01/1999 Premier Oceanic Bahamas
1998 Premier Ocean Breeze Panama Canal
07/1997 Carnival Imagination W. Caribbean
12/1996 Carnival Ecstasy Mexico
07/1996 Carnival Fascination S.Caribbean
08/1994 Festivale S. Caribbean
#8
QC, Arizona
3,693 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Here is one private tour guide NOT TO USE. When we contracted him, he was called Senior Holland Travel. Now he goes by Private Holland Tours. We spent a lot of money and it was NOT a good experience. I have mentioned him before on the roll calls. Someone contacted me about him but used him anyway. He just emailed me to say that the man was a nut case and wrote about HIS experience with him last month. It was just AWFUL! The owner/guide's name is Wynand van Diggelin. Stay away from this man!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises:
Celebrity Eclipse- Baltic - May 2010
RCCL Independence of the Seas-Transatlantic-November 2009
RCCL Independence of the Seas-Transatlantic - April 2009
Carnival Freedom - Eastern Mediterranean-Oct 2008
RCCL Jewel of the Seas - Transatlantic - March 2008
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas - Transatlantic 2007
Celebrity Constellation - Transatlantic 2007
Celebrity Constellation - Baltic 2006
Celebrity Constellation - Transatlantic 2005
RCCL Jewel of the Seas - Baltic 2004
Princess Star Princess - Alaska 2003
Carnival Celebration - Carribbean 1988
Carnival Holiday - Carribbean 1987
RCCL Sun Viking - Southern Carribbean 1985
NCL Sunward - Bahamas 1986
NCL Starward - Carribbean 1974
NCL Skyward - Carribbean 1971
Ariadne - Mexico 1970
MV Freeport - Bahamas 1969

Future Cruises:
Liberty of the Seas - April 2016 - Caribbean

#9
The Netherlands, wintermonths in Puerto vallarta, Mexico
6,610 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Originally posted by basil1
Rotterdam isn't a disembarkation port it is our first port after sailing. I noticed that someone posted a photo of the port area on another thread and there is a metro station very nearby to the cruise ship terminal. It says Wilhilmineplien (from memory...probably not spelled correctly) it that the name of the station? In other words that is not Centraal station? Or is that Centraal and Wilhilmineplien is the name of the road. Sorry if that's a stupid question. Thanks for your help!
Wilhelminaplein is the place of the cruise-terminal. Just east from there you will find tram and metro-stop to Centraal Station.
Maybe if you use the search function you can find back the photos of Rotterdam.
Otherwise check this map:http://travel.yahoo.com/p-map-191501...of_rotterdam-i
Cruise-terminal is nr. 3 (Hotel New York next to the terminal). Centraal Station is just north of nr. 2 which is Westin Hotel.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Last cruises: Koningsdam 27 August 2017 - Norway
Celebrity Millenium Asia, December 2016
RCCL Vision of the seas Med, october 15 2016.
Various cruises on HAL, Celebrity and Orient Lines (doesnot exist anymore)
1st cruise 1983 HAL "Volendam"[/b][/font]
1963 DH sailed Chandris Lines (Bretagne) from Australia to Europe.
Various trips by car through Europe, the USA and Mexico.
Frequent long winter stay in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
#10
6,842 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Originally posted by Bruin Steve
We're on the Celebrity Eclipse next July...and they recently changed the port in Amsterdam to Rotterdam.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience or information regarding any private tour companies that would pick up from the ship in Rotterdam and offer a tour to Amsterdam, possibly including sites like the Anne Frank House, Rijksmuseum, Canal Boat cruise, Portuguese Synagogue, etc. (Not sure how much to expect to fit into the day--the ship does not leave until midnight)...

Anyone? Thanks...

Hey Bruin Steve... yeah, the train station is probably fastest (which is some times better than cheapest) Amsterdam is VERY easy to wander on your own from the Centraal Station. We did the Anne Frank Huis last year by pre-buying tickets (highly suggest when you are on limited time). I would focus on Anne Frank and the Rijksmuseum (if the museum is a must) because the canal boat thing is just OK and will eat up a lot of your time there. The walking around all the canals and bridges are better, I think. But the train really is the best way between cities. We rented bikes and went through the park there by the museum. It was incredible. Of course you could easily take the canal boat from the Centraal Station TO the Anne Frank Huis the one way and that would give you the canal boat experience. There are several different lines... red blue and green (I believe) Just take the shortest route to the Anne Frank Huis and then walking to the Museum is not that bad of a walk and SO adorable.

Have fun! I wish the Eclipse was doing my itinerary next year. The Solstice was my favorite ship!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
The world is a great place… You should see it!

May 17, 2018 - Back with my buddies on the Constellation!



Save
Save


Save
Save
#11
Tennessee, USA
259 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Thank you!
Originally posted by Ine
Wilhelminaplein is the place of the cruise-terminal. Just east from there you will find tram and metro-stop to Centraal Station.
Maybe if you use the search function you can find back the photos of Rotterdam.
Otherwise check this map:http://travel.yahoo.com/p-map-191501...of_rotterdam-i
Cruise-terminal is nr. 3 (Hotel New York next to the terminal). Centraal Station is just north of nr. 2 which is Westin Hotel.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Basil1
[color="Blue"]
08/17 Celebrity Equinox Eastern Caribbean
01/17 RCCL Freedom
07/16 Celebrity Silhouette Baltic
01/16 Celebrity Equinox Caribbean
04/15 Crown Princess Pacific Coastal
01/15 Celebrity Equinox
03/2014 Royal Princess E Caribbean
08/2013 Ocean Princess British Isles
01/2013 Celebrity Silhouette W Caribbean
08/2012 Celebrity Infinity Alaska
02/2011 Celebrity Eclipse W Caribbean
09/2009 Grand Princess Mediterranean
02/2009 Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera
11/2007 Celebrity Galaxy Europe
10/2005 Celebrity Millennium Mediterranean
05/2005 Celebrity Horizon Bermuda
12/1999 Premier Oceanic Caribbean
09/1999 Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas
02/1999 Carnival Paradise
01/1999 Premier Oceanic Bahamas
1998 Premier Ocean Breeze Panama Canal
07/1997 Carnival Imagination W. Caribbean
12/1996 Carnival Ecstasy Mexico
07/1996 Carnival Fascination S.Caribbean
08/1994 Festivale S. Caribbean
#12
NY, NY
5,887 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Best tours I've ever had with anyone was last year in Holland with Edwin Groeneweg of the Dutch Travel Advisor:

http://www.thedutchtraveladvisor.com/

Not only is he a wealth of knowledge but has a command of English most Americans would be envious of. He can get you into private gardens & homes along the Amsterdam canals and save you lots of time if you're planning on visiting any towns like Delft, Rotterdam.

I was in a small group for a week with him & his delightful wife (they love cruising, too, BTW!!). He'll recommend tours depending on how much time you have. Pls say hello to him from Barbara from last yr's study group.
#13
St Augustine USA
1,114 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by tally10
Here is one private tour guide NOT TO USE. When we contracted him, he was called Senior Holland Travel. Now he goes by Private Holland Tours. We spent a lot of money and it was NOT a good experience. I have mentioned him before on the roll calls. Someone contacted me about him but used him anyway. He just emailed me to say that the man was a nut case and wrote about HIS experience with him last month. It was just AWFUL! The owner/guide's name is Wynand van Diggelin. Stay away from this man!
Hello! Unfortunately the taxi service which is recommended has already been booked for our cruise next May. Would you be willing to share your experience with Wynand with me (also if the other person you mentioned would be as well). You can email me at nbinder AT yahoo DOT com. Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nancy

Dawn Princess 1997, Sea Princess 1999, QE 2 2000, Norwegian Sun 2001, Costa Atlantica 2002, Carnival Imagination 2002, Costa Atlantica 2002, Grandeur of the Seas 2003, Norwegian Dawn 2003, Brilliance of the Seas 2004, Queen Mary 2 2005, Island Princess 2005, Norwegian Spirit 2006, Explorer of the Seas 2006, Golden Princess 2006, Star Princess 2007, Celebrity Millennium 2007, Explorer of the Seas 2007, Splendour of the Seas ( 2008, Caribbean Princess 2008, Explorer of the Seas 2008, Radiance of the Seas 2009, Caribbean Princess 2009, Celebrity Millennium 2009, Star Princess 2010, Eurodam 2010, Emerald Princess 2011, Explorer of the Seas 2011, Caribbean Princess 2011, Enchantment of the Seas 2012, Allure of the Seas 2012, Enchantment of the Seas 2012, Caribbean Princess 2012, Sapphire Princess 2013, Grandeur of the Seas 2013, Celebrity Summit 2013, Royal Princess 2014, NCL Breakaway 2014, Freedom of the Seas 2014, Celebrity Reflection 2014, Quantum of the Seas 2015, Brilliance of the Seas 2015, Anthem of the Seas 2015, Emerald Princess 2016, Ruby Princess 2016, Freedom of the Seas 2016, Majesty of the Seas 2016, Rhapsody of the Seas 2016, Oasis of the Seas 2017, Caribbean Princess 2017, Harmony of the Seas 2017, Konigsdam 2017, Regal Princess 2018, NCL Jade 2018
#15
St Augustine USA
1,114 Posts
Joined May 2000
Thanks so much! I have already sent a couple of inquiries out via email. This might be the answer.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nancy

Dawn Princess 1997, Sea Princess 1999, QE 2 2000, Norwegian Sun 2001, Costa Atlantica 2002, Carnival Imagination 2002, Costa Atlantica 2002, Grandeur of the Seas 2003, Norwegian Dawn 2003, Brilliance of the Seas 2004, Queen Mary 2 2005, Island Princess 2005, Norwegian Spirit 2006, Explorer of the Seas 2006, Golden Princess 2006, Star Princess 2007, Celebrity Millennium 2007, Explorer of the Seas 2007, Splendour of the Seas ( 2008, Caribbean Princess 2008, Explorer of the Seas 2008, Radiance of the Seas 2009, Caribbean Princess 2009, Celebrity Millennium 2009, Star Princess 2010, Eurodam 2010, Emerald Princess 2011, Explorer of the Seas 2011, Caribbean Princess 2011, Enchantment of the Seas 2012, Allure of the Seas 2012, Enchantment of the Seas 2012, Caribbean Princess 2012, Sapphire Princess 2013, Grandeur of the Seas 2013, Celebrity Summit 2013, Royal Princess 2014, NCL Breakaway 2014, Freedom of the Seas 2014, Celebrity Reflection 2014, Quantum of the Seas 2015, Brilliance of the Seas 2015, Anthem of the Seas 2015, Emerald Princess 2016, Ruby Princess 2016, Freedom of the Seas 2016, Majesty of the Seas 2016, Rhapsody of the Seas 2016, Oasis of the Seas 2017, Caribbean Princess 2017, Harmony of the Seas 2017, Konigsdam 2017, Regal Princess 2018, NCL Jade 2018
#16
St Augustine USA
1,114 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by snorklin'barb
Best tours I've ever had with anyone was last year in Holland with Edwin Groeneweg of the Dutch Travel Advisor:

http://www.thedutchtraveladvisor.com/

Not only is he a wealth of knowledge but has a command of English most Americans would be envious of. He can get you into private gardens & homes along the Amsterdam canals and save you lots of time if you're planning on visiting any towns like Delft, Rotterdam.

I was in a small group for a week with him & his delightful wife (they love cruising, too, BTW!!). He'll recommend tours depending on how much time you have. Pls say hello to him from Barbara from last yr's study group.
This is a thanks to you Barbara for recommending Edwin Groeneweg. My husband and I just booked him for an independent tour and are quite happy with his itinerary and price quote. Needless to say I wouldn't have found him without you! I did tell him about your recommendation on Cruise Critic.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nancy

Dawn Princess 1997, Sea Princess 1999, QE 2 2000, Norwegian Sun 2001, Costa Atlantica 2002, Carnival Imagination 2002, Costa Atlantica 2002, Grandeur of the Seas 2003, Norwegian Dawn 2003, Brilliance of the Seas 2004, Queen Mary 2 2005, Island Princess 2005, Norwegian Spirit 2006, Explorer of the Seas 2006, Golden Princess 2006, Star Princess 2007, Celebrity Millennium 2007, Explorer of the Seas 2007, Splendour of the Seas ( 2008, Caribbean Princess 2008, Explorer of the Seas 2008, Radiance of the Seas 2009, Caribbean Princess 2009, Celebrity Millennium 2009, Star Princess 2010, Eurodam 2010, Emerald Princess 2011, Explorer of the Seas 2011, Caribbean Princess 2011, Enchantment of the Seas 2012, Allure of the Seas 2012, Enchantment of the Seas 2012, Caribbean Princess 2012, Sapphire Princess 2013, Grandeur of the Seas 2013, Celebrity Summit 2013, Royal Princess 2014, NCL Breakaway 2014, Freedom of the Seas 2014, Celebrity Reflection 2014, Quantum of the Seas 2015, Brilliance of the Seas 2015, Anthem of the Seas 2015, Emerald Princess 2016, Ruby Princess 2016, Freedom of the Seas 2016, Majesty of the Seas 2016, Rhapsody of the Seas 2016, Oasis of the Seas 2017, Caribbean Princess 2017, Harmony of the Seas 2017, Konigsdam 2017, Regal Princess 2018, NCL Jade 2018
#17
NY, NY
5,887 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by dawnprincess
This is a thanks to you Barbara for recommending Edwin Groeneweg. My husband and I just booked him for an independent tour and are quite happy with his itinerary and price quote. Needless to say I wouldn't have found him without you! I did tell him about your recommendation on Cruise Critic.
Where are you going with Edwin?

I think you'll really enjoy his services. He is punctual to the minute, will keep you going at a good pace (unless you request slower!!) and will maximize the time you have. He is genuine & caring, has a good sense of humor and is a wealth of knowledge. Works with private bookings as well as small and large groups.

On one of our bus stops Edwin and his wife Miranda bought some gouda for everyone to try. They're just those kind of people.

Since they like to cruise, I told them about CC. I also mentioned the ports of call board. I wonder if Edwin's ever signed on.

Thanks so much for giving him my regards. I've traveled in many parts of the world and met a lot of guides and Edwin is top notch in my book.