Secret Harbor Facilities? Day Pass to beach resort?

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:12 AM.
Fishville
7,896 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Other than the beach resort what type of facilities are at Secret Harbor for use? Does the beach resort offer day passes? Could not figure it out from their website. Rest rooms & food? Thanks.
174 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Secret Harbour is one of our favorite beaches in St. Thomas. There is a restaurant (The Blue Moon Cafe) and restrooms. They will charge you to use the lounge chairs on the beach; I think it was $10 for 2 chairs last time we were there.

It is usually not very crowded because the cruise ship tours do not go there. The snorkeling from shore is very good. You can get a taxi at the cruise ship dock; I think maybe it was about $30 round trip.
Orygun
2,610 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
I'm trying to decide between a couple beaches how to spend our day. I'm torn between Emerald & Secret Harbor. Is it easy to get a taxi back from Secret Harbor? It's so hard to choose! I'm looking for clear, blue water with white sand and palm trees. Snorkeling would be nice but not necessary.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
April 9 and 17, 2016 B2B On the Breeze, to Grand Turk / La Romana Dominican Republic / Curacao / Aruba / Montego Bay, Jamica / Grand Cayman / Cozumel
April 18, 2015 Glory Eastern itinerary Half Moon Cay / Grand Turk / San Juan / St Thomas
January 18, 2014 Liberty Eastern itinerary Half Moon Cay / St Thomas (St John) / San Juan, Puerto Rico / Grand Turk
February 2, 2013 Dream Western itinerary Cozumel / Belize / Roatan, Honduras / Costa Maya
May 8, 2010 Dream Eastern itinerary. Nassau, Bahamas / St Thomas / St Maarten
florence, alabama
33 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
my wife and i loved secret harbor, we plan to return this july. when you are ready to leave go to the front desk of the resort and they will call a taxi for you.
Congers, N.Y. USA
95 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
One of our favorite places, we did not go with cruise ship we rented a 1 bedroom suite last yr. The beach is sunny on one side and shady with lots of palm trees on the other side. The restaurant is VERY good and prices are reasonable for sandwiches, etc. There is an activity desk next to the restaurant and bathrooms are in back of the restaurant. Small place but very quiet and charming. The water is clear, snorkeling good, beach clean. We saw the cruise people arrive, most used their towels on the sand, they are very careful to reserve chairs for guest, but as previous poster said, I think they will rent chairs out at the activity desk along with snorkeling equipment.

Don't know anything about emerald.

jean
8,222 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by kona_wahine
I'm trying to decide between a couple beaches how to spend our day. I'm torn between Emerald & Secret Harbor. Is it easy to get a taxi back from Secret Harbor? It's so hard to choose! I'm looking for clear, blue water with white sand and palm trees. Snorkeling would be nice but not necessary.
If you are docked at CB then Emerald is a good choice vis-a-vis distance and taxi fare. However, it provides no snorkeling; hence, Secret Harbour would be a better choice, particularly if you are docked at WICO.
7,010 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
the bar and restaurant are very good and you canget a rare burger. The drinks will be as weak or strong as you like, just tell the bar lady. Locals hang out there so you'll see a lot of St. T characters. We go there whenever we stop at that port. We have also stayed there and enjoy the place.
Dagsboro, DE USA
5,730 Posts
Joined Aug 2000
Is Secret Harbour close to Crown Bay or Havensight Pier?

Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Debbie

Upcoming Cruises

Previous Cruises:

Norwegian Jade - 4/30/17 (14 days) first Transatlantic

Carnival Pride - 2/26/17 (14 days)
Carnival Pride - 2/19/17
Carnival Pride - 9/18/16
Carnival Vista (Inaugural) - 5/1/16
Carnival Pride - B2B 1/17/16 & 1/28/16 (21 days)
Norwegean Dawn - 10/30/15 (14 days)
Carnival Pride - 3/15/15 (14 days)
Carnival Pride - 10/12/14
Carnival Pride - 2/10/13

Golden Princess - 9/15/12
NCL - Norwegean Jewel 4/28/12
RCL - Enchantment of the Seas 12/5/11
HAL - Veendam 9/4/11
RCL - Enchantment of the Seas 11/27/10
Carnival Glory 9/25/10
Caribbean Princess 5/2/10
Grand Princess 3/13/09
Star Princess 10/21/08
NCL Pride of Aloha 9/2/07
Celebrity - Infinity 5/7/07

RCL - Empress of the Seas 5/6/06
RCL - Majesty of the Seas 3/27/06
RCL - Adventure of the Seas 10/2/05
Sapphire Princess 10/2/04
Carnival Destiny 2/8/04
Grand Princess 7/3/03
RCL - Nordic Empress 2/03 & 4/02
Queen of Bermuda 7/87
RCL - Song of Norway 7/85
Carnival - Mardi Gras 11/75

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.