RCCL Newbie.... questions

Vero Beach, FL
1,043 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
My husband and I are sailing on The Serenade of the Seas next May.
This is our first RCCl cruise, and I have some questions. I'm hoping someone can answer them.

Is there a "Bon Voyage" department that we can pre order booze from?

Is the coffee, actually coffee or coffee syrup? I know one of the cruiselines uses coffee syrup, and I'm hoping it's not RCCL

What beverages do they have for free, ie... lemonade? Fruit punch?

Does anyone have a room service menu?

...and just as a side note, I did do a search of these, and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MaryAnn~
Very
happily married to John (luv da sun)

Past Vacations!
May 2006 - Carnival Glory
May 2007 - Carnival Glory
May 2008 - Went to Key West for a week.
May 2009 - Carnival Victory
May 2010 - Carnival Dream with The Buddy Bear Bunch!
May 2011 - All Inclusive in Cancun!
May 2012 - All Inclusive in Isla Mujeres!

Just want my ass in the sand, and a drink in my hand!!

Baton Rouge, LA
309 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
I'm considering a RC cruise as well, and am eager to read the answers to these questions! Hope someone responds soon...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happily sailed...
Carnival Fantasy 2007
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Fantasy 2009
Carnival Triumph 2010
Carnival Conquest 2012
Carnival Elation 2012
NCL Epic 2013
Carnival Dream 2014
Up next... Celebrity Millennium 2017
Hanover, PA
2,801 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
1. Yes, you can order booze just look under gifts.

2. Real coffee

3. Lemonade, iced tea and flavored water all free

4. Dont have room service menu but there is just about most stuff pizza, cheese plates, COOKIES, Then there is also sandwiches. I believe you can also order whatever is on the dining room menu and of course breakfast. You can write in whatever you would like and you hang a sign on your door before midnight and it gets delivered whatever time you put. The best part is they call before they come so its a great wake up call. Nothing like breakfast on the balcony sailing some where. Maybe someone else has the menu.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Proud and drooling member of E.C.F.C.M.
NAVIGATOR 6/04, RHAPSODY 1/05, VOYAGER 3/06, RADIANCE 1/07, EXPLORER 11/07, EXPLORER 2/08, LIBERTY 10/08, MAJESTY 1/09, JEWEL 3/09, EXPLORER 11/11, LIBERTY 10/12, SUMMIT 10/13, SILHOUETTE 10/14, ADVENTURE B2B 10/15, NAVIGATOR 5/16, NCL SKY 1/17, INDEPENDENCE 1/17

RCCL Crown & Anchor
Diamond Member
<!-- / sig -->
Columbus, OH
1,652 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Originally posted by FlipFlops 57
This is our first RCCl cruise, and I have some questions. I'm hoping someone can answer them.

Is the coffee, actually coffee or coffee syrup? I know one of the cruiselines uses coffee syrup, and I'm hoping it's not RCCL

...and just as a side note, I did do a search of these, and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance!
You can't pre-order booze for your room, but there are wine packages for dinner and I believe there is a "drink package" where you can pre-pay for a certain amount of drinks, but maybe I'm imagining things.

Water, tea and lemonade are free as well as basic coffee. Soda, alcohol, specialty coffe drinks, milkshakes, etc. are all an extra cost.

I don't have a current room service list, but there is a decent selection of snacks available. There is a small fee ($3.95? $4.95?) for room service after midnight.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing aboard the Carnival Breeze on 02/07/2016!

May 2006: Carnival Victory (Western), May 2009: Monarch of the Seas (Bahamas), June 2011: Serenade of the Seas (Southern)
June 2012: Carnival Victory (Southern) , June 2013: Freedom of the Seas (Western) , August 2014: Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas), January 2015: Navigator of the Seas (Exotic Western)
Ambler, PA, USA
1,813 Posts
Joined Jul 2002

You can't pre order booze.

Not sure about this but my friend says it's very strong and drinks tea instead.

Ice Tea, lemonade, juices, tea and coffee are free. Not sure if they have fruit punch.

I rarely order from room service so I can't help you with that one.

Thanks in advance!
Enjoy your cruise! I was on the Serenade in August and loved it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dawn
20 Cruises and counting
570 days at sea until I reach Pinnacle (it's good to have a goal)

RCI - Rhapsody, Enchantment (4 times), Grandeur, Empress, Jewel, Mariner, Sovereign, Serenade, Allure, Oasis, Liberty
Carnival - Legend, Fascination, Liberty, Freedom
Celebrity - Reflection
NCL- Dawn

Next Up:
Celebrity Summit Nov 12 2016
Chilliwack BC
683 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Do you mean pre-order for disembarkment? There is a Liquor Store for that. You'll find huge discounts on booze on first day, usually in front of gift shop.
Their coffee is real if you use the coffee/cafe shop. Charges apply, but you get a pastry/dessert with it. Not sure of other areas, but I find the coffee served @ dinner is really good...other venues is average.
Beverages include juice, ice tea, milk, coffee and tea.

Heres a copy of the Brilliance (sister ship)
http://community.webshots.com/album/135027694iDIlGU

...which I pulled from this great site
http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/bri...eoftheseas.htm
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"carry me on the waves to the lands I've never been,"
"carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen."
"sail away, sail away, sail away "

-----------------------------------------------
Pacific Princess Pacific Coastal Sept '01 "family teaser cruise"

Radiance OTS Panama Canal Apr '06 "25th anniversary"

Volendam Alaska Sept '06 "dad's surprise"

Crown Princess Southern Caribbean Apr '07 "fun in the sun"

Brilliance Of OTS Partial Panama Mar '08 "here we go again"

Vision OTS Mexico Dec '08 "family affair, joining sis on her redneck honeymoon"

Radiance OTS Alaska May '14 "R&R with hubby"

Grand Princess Hawaii Oct '14 "Aloha Sea Days Rejoice"

Liberty OTS Bermuda May '15 "NY NY 1st-timers"

Explorer OTS Coastal Sept '16"cruise withdrawl, must book this"

Oasis OTS Eastern/Western Caribbean B2B April '17"Bro's join us for their 1st Real Cruise"

Explorer OTS 4-day BC Getaway May '17 "R&R after family cruise"
10,571 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by April-in-NC
You can't pre-order booze for your room, but there are wine packages for dinner and I believe there is a "drink package" where you can pre-pay for a certain amount of drinks, but maybe I'm imagining things.

Water, tea and lemonade are free as well as basic coffee. Soda, alcohol, specialty coffe drinks, milkshakes, etc. are all an extra cost.

I don't have a current room service list, but there is a decent selection of snacks available. There is a small fee ($3.95? $4.95?) for room service after midnight.

No drink package for cocktails. We dont drink wine, but there is a package for that. Room Service selections are excellent! I will look for our menu scan!

semi retired, charges only apply to specialty coffees.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

8/2017 Celebrity Summit
11/2017 Equinox Southern Caribbean
1/2018 Eclipse Exotic Southern Caribbean

7/2018 Adventure of the Seas
3/2019 Celebrity Edge
*Above subject to change and additions!

The Sails that Started it all.......
It started way back, when I was a kid.
My Grandparents often sailed on The Oceanic and to say the Bon Voyage Parties were memorable is an understatement!*
Los Angeles, California
2,770 Posts
Joined May 2000
There is a soda card for $6.00 per day, plus 15% gratuitie. I believe they also have a water card.

You can order through room service dinner from the from the dining room menu during dinner hours.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ann
RCCL - Diamond +
Celebrity - Elite +

[email protected] ref: cruise critic

Royal Cruise Line – 6/95 Star Odyssey-Med
Cunard – 12/95 QE2-So. Carribbean
Princess – 6/96 Island-Black Sea, 12/98 Regal-Mexico, 7/00 Regal-Alaska, 12/01 Sea-Mexico, 3/02 Star-Mexico, 12/02 Sun-Mexico, 4/05 Diamond-Coastal, 5/07 Diamond-Coastal, 5/08 Diamond-Coastal, 5/09 Coral-Coastal, 3/14 Sapphire Princess-Mexico,
Carnival – 12/96 Jubilee-Mexico, 5/98 Holiday-Mexico, 1/09 Paradise-Mexico,
3/13 Inspiration-Mexico
Holland – 3/08 Maasdam-Panama Canal, 6/01 Ryndam-Alaska, 10/02 Zaandam-Alaska, 12/03 Ryndam-Mexico, 12/04 Ryndam-Mexico
NCL – 4/99 Wind-Alaska, 5/06 Star-Alaska
Celebrity – 8/98 Galaxy-Alaska, 9/99 Galaxy-Alaska, 12/99 Century-W Carribean,
12/00 Mercury-South America, 9/01 Infinity-Alaska, 6/02 Infinity-Alaska,
5/03 Summit-Alaska, 9/03, Mercury-Alaska, 5/04 Mercury-Alaska,
9/04 Constellation-Transatlantic, 12/05 Mercury-Mexico, 9/06 Summit-Alaska,
9/07 Summit-Alaska, 5/10 Mercury-Alaska, 5/11 Infinity-Alaska, 9/11 Century-Alaska,
RCCL – 12/97 Song of America-Mexico, 3/00 Viking Serenade-Mexico,
3/01 Viking Serenade-Mexico, 3/05 Monarch-Mexico, 8/05 Jewel-Transatlantic,
12/07 Monarch-Mexico, 9/08 Serenade-Alaska, 9/09 Serenade-Alaska,
1/10 Mariner-Mexico, 9/10 Radiance-Alaska, 12/10 Mariner-Mexico,
1/11 Mariner-Mexico, 12/11 Monarch-Bahamas, 5/12 Radiance-Alaska,
8/12 Jewel-Scandinavia-Russia, 8/12 Jewel-Transatlantic,
12/12,12/17 Jewel-Caribbean B2B, 5/13 Rhapsody-Alaska, 10/13 Liberty-Transatlantic
5/16/14 Radiance-Alaska, 5/23 Radiance-Alaska
Radiance-Alaska 5/20, 5/27/16
Radiance - Alaska 5/17, 5/26/17
Merion, Pennsylvania
60,219 Posts
Joined Oct 2003

Thanks in advance!
Royal Caribbean will not allow liquor in your cabin, either brought by you on board or purchased from the liquor store. You can order wine for your cabin via RC's website at Gifts and Gear.

The line that makes its coffee with syrup is Princess. Royal Caribbean does not, as far as I know.

Originally posted by April-in-NC

There is no drink package or pre-paying for drinks. You can do that on Carnival.

Room service has a fee of $3.95 between midnight and 5 a.m.

Originally posted by travelbug11
There is a soda card for $6.00 per day, plus 15% gratuitie. I believe they also have a water card.

You can order through room service dinner from the from the dining room menu during dinner hours.
There is no "water card". You can purchase water packages of various amounts and sizes of bottled water. Those bottles will be delivered to your cabin.
213 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Some lines such as Holland America and Princess allow you to bring reasonable quantities of wine with you upon initial embarkation for consumption in your cabin. If you take your bottle to the dining room they charge you a corkage fee (US$20). What is RCCL's policy on this. Thanks in advance.
Little Rock, Arkansas
37,374 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by cruise101
Some lines such as Holland America and Princess allow you to bring reasonable quantities of wine with you upon initial embarkation for consumption in your cabin. If you take your bottle to the dining room they charge you a corkage fee (US$20). What is RCCL's policy on this. Thanks in advance.
RCCL does not allow you to bring any liquor onboard with you, and that includes wine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Wrona

3/02 Sovereign of the Seas Bahamas, 5/03 Voyager of the Seas Western Caribbean, 1/05 Voyager of the Seas Eastern Caribbean, 12/05 Rhapsody of the Seas Western Caribbean, 2/06 Brilliance of the Seas Partial Panama Canal(Live posts or photos), 3/06 Serenade of the Seas Southern Caribbean (Review or photos), 3/06 Monarch of the Seas Mexico, 2/07 Jewel of the Seas Eastern Caribbean (Mustard of the Seas 1) (View photos), 1/08 Maui Trip (View photos), 5/08 Rhapsody of the Seas Alaska (trip report, photos, Compasses/Menus/Other Info, review, review with pictures), 5/09 Serenade of the Seas Alaska (View Photos), 11/09 Radiance of the Seas Mexico (View Photos), Jewel of the Seas WB TA 09/10 (Review, View Photos), 8/11 Peru & Machu Picchu (View Photos), 8/12 Colombia (View Photos), 10/12 Jewel of the Seas Canada/New England (View Photos), 2012 Christmas Markets Salzburg/Munich (View Photos), 4/13 Jewel of the Seas Cozumel (View Photos), 8/13 Ghana (View Photos-Part 1 & Part 2), 11/13 Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean (Review, View Photos), 1/14 Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean (View Photos), 9/14 Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean (View Photos), 11/14 Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean (View Photos), 5/15 Jaco Beach, Costa Rica (View Photos), 6/15 AmaSerena Danube River (View Photos), 7/15 Majesty of the Seas Bahamas (View Photos), 8/15 Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean, 1/16 Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean, 11/16 Celebrity Silhouette WB TA, 1/17 Celebrity Infinity South America
153 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
My dh and i did radiance of the seas this april:

Yes you can pre-order your alcohol, and if you search into the same venue, there is a copy of the room service menu there i believe, plus an extensive wine list if you wish to view it..

They have finally changed their coffee to 'actual" coffee, seattles best....not the syrup !!!

Not sure about lemonade or punch, as it is something we do not, drink , so sorry cannot help you there...?????

Enjoy your cruise !!!!!

B.j....( 19 cruises)

p.s. The room service food was excellent...we had it a few times.!!!
Elk Grove, CA
113 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
You can order a package for say an anniversary or birthday that includes a bottle of Moet & Chandon, chocolate covered strawberries, stuff like that. Check the website, you can order flowers to be delvered too for a special occasion. As others have mentioned you can order the wine packages where the wine will be served with dinner each night.

Lemonade, water, iced tea and orange juice served from the beverage stations are free. of course you can order freshly squeezed orange juice for a price in the Windjammer and soda packages as well.

room service is available as well as the breakfast menu you can place on your door the night before but it is limited. The coffee as far as I can remember has always been Seattles best. Specialty coffees do cost you of course.

Read some of the reviews being posted on here. They can be very informative!!!
i just got off this ship yesterday!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Susan

Serenade of the Seas 9/26/10
AOS 9/27/09
AOS 9/9/07
AOS July 2006
AOS September 2005
AOS September 2004
Explorer November 2003
AOS 9/29/02 Honeymoon!!!!!
213 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Thanks Bj for the info on the wine that one can purchase pre-boarding through the RCCL website. However, there was no info on any hard liquor (scotch) options. When we were on HAL last year we were able to order a bottle of scotch ahead of time and it was there waiting for us when we got to our cabin. Does RCCL have a similar service. If so, a link would be appreciated, as I was unable to find one on the RCCL site. Thanks in advance.
Vero Beach, FL
1,043 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by Semi Retired
Do you mean pre-order for disembarkment? There is a Liquor Store for that. You'll find huge discounts on booze on first day, usually in front of gift shop.
No, on Carnival, you can order bottles of booze, and they will be in your stateroom upon embarkation. (even with a bow on them) lol
They have a very wide selection of liquors available.
Oh well, guess we'll just have to smuggle.... JUST kidding folks!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MaryAnn~
Very
happily married to John (luv da sun)

Past Vacations!
May 2006 - Carnival Glory
May 2007 - Carnival Glory
May 2008 - Went to Key West for a week.
May 2009 - Carnival Victory
May 2010 - Carnival Dream with The Buddy Bear Bunch!
May 2011 - All Inclusive in Cancun!
May 2012 - All Inclusive in Isla Mujeres!

Just want my ass in the sand, and a drink in my hand!!

Lafayette, IN
10,382 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
You cannot order bottles of hard liquor for your cabin ... only wine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oasis of the Seas - 5/2017, Navigator of the Seas - 12/16, Harmony of the Seas B2B - 10/2016, Oasis of the Seas - 11/2015, Brilliance of the Seas - 5/2015, Quantum of the Seas - 11/2014, Brilliance of the Seas - 4/2014, Carnival Legend - 5/2013, Celebrity Solstice - 5/2013, Celebrity Eclipse - 12/2012, Allure of the Seas - 7/2012, Serenade of the Seas - 5/2012, Voyager of the Seas - 12/2011, Liberty of the Seas - 12/2011, Freedom of the Seas - 10/2011, Oasis of the Seas - 5/2011, Celebrity Eclipse - 3/2011, Celebrity Millennium - 12/2010, Radiance of the Seas - 12/2010, Majesty of the Seas - 12/2010, Majesty of the Seas B2B 11/2010, Radiance of the Seas - 3/2010, Rhapsody of the Seas - 12/2009, Mariner of the Seas - 8/2009, Mariner of the Seas - 5/2009, Navigator of the Seas - 2/2009, Jewel of the Seas - 12/2008, Navigator of the Seas - 11/2008, Majesty of the Seas - 9/2008, Explorer of the Seas - 7/2008, Monarch of the Seas - 5/2008, Grandeur of the Seas - 3/2008, Brilliance of the Seas - 12/2007, Carnival Glory - 6/2007, Monarch of the Seas - 5/2007, Voyager of the Seas - 3/2007, Grandeur of the Seas - 12/2006, Carnival Miracle - 9/2006, Carnival Valor - 12/2005, Carnival Glory - 3/2005, Carnival Glory - 7/2003, Sovereign of the Seas - 7/2000, CCL Sensation - 12/1999, CCL Ecstasy - 12/1997, NCL ?? - 6/1996, Hawaiian American Independence - 1992, Premier Atlantic - 1991

Chris's guide for budget travel - Made for conferences (may make a cruise version some time) but airline, shuttle, Priceline, and Hotwire tips should remain the same

Cruise Albums on Flickr