New Crystal Referral Program

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:12 PM.
California
6,294 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by Keith1010
As to this new product, this is not related to STEX as the sponsor does not have to be on the same sailing. I think it would be a big mistake for this to be supported on Cruise Critic because I think it would get way out of hand and I mean a lot of very hard feelings.

I think this is best left in our respective hands with our own set of friends, family and associates.
I agree completely. When I first read of this special referral program, I was concerned it might be handled on Cruise Critic the way STEX is currently orchestrated. With no requirement to physically sail with the newbie, it would mean any Society member on this board could solicit someone new to Crystal. The thought of that happening would be like multiple people vying for a hot item up for auction on eBay, and I would strongly discourage this forum from going in that direction.
9,828 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by BEAV
I agree completely. When I first read of this special referral program, I was concerned it might be handled on Cruise Critic the way STEX is currently orchestrated. With no requirement to physically sail with the newbie, it would mean any Society member on this board could solicit someone new to Crystal. The thought of that happening would be like multiple people vying for a hot item up for auction on eBay, and I would strongly discourage this forum from going in that direction.
Totally concur Brian and Keith!!!

Nancy
90,151 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Just wanted to note that we received our new Passport Magazine in todays mail and it included the three certificates for the new Crystal Referral Rewards Program.

Keith
Naples, FL
2,716 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Me too.......fabulous issue & great write up about Serenity's new look. Bedtime reading, made for really good dreams!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Becky (Naples, FL)
70+ cruises:
everything from Carnival, RCCL, NCL, Sitmar, Princess, HAL, American Hawaii, Cunard, Royal Viking, Orient, Crystal, Oceania & Radisson-Seven Seas

Travel Blog: www.liv4cruzin.com
fort lauderdale, fl, usa
1,128 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by nancygp
Totally concur Brian and Keith!!!

Nancy
We agree as well, but what is to stop someone from posting about the availability of the discount certificate for newbies as is done on the Seabourn board?
Host Dan, please comment.
St. Petersburg, Fl USA
5,430 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Originally posted by marienbad
We agree as well, but what is to stop someone from posting about the availability of the discount certificate for newbies as is done on the Seabourn board?
Host Dan, please comment.
Hello all,
I will alert Laura S when she returns from her cruise as to what the CC policy will be regarding this new program. Other cruise lines (including Crystal STEX) have been OK with a referral thread. We need to make sure Crystal is OK with another..

Host Dan
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Host Dan

[email protected]
Boca Raton, Florida
6,793 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
If not, please keep the STEX thread as a sticky. The other referral plan will be done off line by passengers with theirr own friends and we will not be supporting it as a group with posts looking for participants. Thanks.l
fort lauderdale, fl, usa
1,128 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by Judith02
If not, please keep the STEX thread as a sticky. The other referral plan will be done off line by passengers with theirr own friends and we will not be supporting it as a group with posts looking for participants. Thanks.l
We agree with Judith that there should not be a referral thread for this new referral program.
Just don't know how one could stop individuals from advertising coupons for new passengers on the Crystal board.
548 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
This is an extremely generous and unusual promotion and is probably indicative of the difficulty Crystal is having in attracting new customers (why else would they run it?). As others have noted, a bad economy and a surplus of luxury berths make for a tough sales environment.