1) Our schedule is not that flexible. With summer camps and other stuff we are left with a two week window in the beginning of Aug.
2) The whole purpose of this vacation is to go with the kids, so not an option to leave them at home.
3) To that end, I've been told that Carnival and Norwegian are the best in terms of activities for the kids (I want to be with them, but not every minute of the day!). Does anyone disagree with that assessment?
4) We had considered going to San Juan to make it a combo vacation - we'd start by visiting the west side of the island and then cruise. Airfare from NY to San Juan is killer though, which might put the kabosh on the whole thing.
5) We are going to price some other two room options, from a variety of departure ports. I've got no problem putting two of the kids into an inner room, but I'd like the other room to at least be ocean view.
To give a little more context, my teen kids are BIG. Our 15 year old is 6' 5", our daughter is 5' 9" and our other son is 5' 9". I'm 6' 4" and my wife is 6' (please hold all "land of the giants" comments :-) )
Thank you all again for the great comments/suggestions