Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Hi guys. I was reading a similar post on the carnival page and imagine my shock when I saw my dear dear valentine with dh getting on the elevator. They wont even leave her alone after she has left this world. I did want to let you know that I'm still here and reading every day and prayers to all who have been ill or lost a furry Ba y as I did. Much love to all as I contuse to grieve.

Hi Barbara' date=' it's so good to hear from you. I hope your days are less burdened by sorrow and loss for your little girl. [/color']

I was at the Vet yesterday getting all Horty's paperwork in order for our cruise on Saturday and OMG, I couldn't believe what was going on in the waiting room. One poor dog after another with illness and injuries.....it was too much. I could NEVER work in such a place. Even a poor little cat came in, meowing his little heart out for help. It was overwhelmingly tragic. I couldn't wait to leave.

There are 4 Vets in this office and they could have used 4 more. I was so grateful that my big boy was just there for a "well" check, filling-out of paperwork and to pick-up some Heartguard and Mometomax for a "just-in-case" ear problem. I hate to be out of the country and have my dog come-up with any unforseen ear issues.

Barb, please don't let the ignorance and unkind deeds and gestures of a few blur your images of the wonderful people who we do meet in our travels. So many folks loved and adored being with Valentine and sharing the time with her and you. She was a shining little light to a lot of people....especially YOU!

I think of you often and hope that you will come to us one day with a wonderful story of how a new little being has come into your life, to share your heart and be your new helper.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Mornin' all:

Just as I suspected the Royal Caribbean thread has gotten ugly. A very nasty reply to Roz, who was just trying to enlighten the "general" public. Anyway, makes me :( to start my day like this. I am having an over all want to make all the "ugly" people go away! Life is way too short to have such pent up thoughts. Maybe someone should start an "Ugly People forum" where they can go and just blast others left and right. I am sure it would make them feel better and they would be with the people just like themselves and get the same back at them! :o Now, I am being ugly! :p

I haven't gone back to the "board of boo's" and bullies; where all the complaining is going on......Do I want to?

Honestly, I'm looking forward to the wonderful folks who greet us with the big smiles and loving concerns for Horton and all that he does for me when we board the Sapphire Princess on Saturday.

I'm looking forward to making new friends and experiencing that glorious feeling that waves over me and fills my eyes, as we float under that amazing Golden Gate Bridge.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Well, I went to the RCL Board and read through some of the posts.

Honestly, some people will pick apart every word that's said and even some that are not.

I gave my thoughts. And, I even told them that I understand their frustration.

It's okay.....I get pretty upset when I go into the market and someone's holding a dog who's barking and nipping at everyone and the owner keeps proclaiming that it's a "Service Dog!" So, I understand the public's frustration because if everyone brought in their whining, nipping dogs can you imagine the chaos that would ensue! I just calmly walk by and whisper to the owner that Service Dogs are supposed to be invisible!!!!

I went to the RCI board and read the posts. What a bunch of ignorant people. If you know nothing about a subject, then you should just keep your mouth shut. But we are used to dealing with that everyday. We have a guy here who has a parrot. The thing never shuts up! He tries to pass it off as a "service bird". He's been kicked out of the senior center and many other places. He has no proof it's for any service other than to "make him feel good". He walks around with the thing on his shoulder (he's been told to keep it in a cage) and it poops all over his back. You know some of that must reach the floor. On town day, he went to the disability booth where John and Wex were, and tried to tell people it was a service bird. John couldn't get over to him fast enough the pretty much say he was a liar. People will try anything!

We have a woman here who has a little poodle. It's nasty. When we first got Wex, the dog would lunge after him everytime they saw eachother. She would tell us that the dog never does that (yeah right) and all the dogs needed to do was meet. So they met. Well 3 years later the dog still does it. The other day it did it twice, when I took him out and once when John took him out. Later that night, John went out by himself and the dog lunged at him. She says "Oh it must be the man the dog hates not the dog". OMG Can you believe her? Just admit your dog is nasty! Actually she is nasty too. Ugh I can't stand people like that.

Roz, I am so excited for you and Horty. I hope you have a great time. I am soooo jealous. Time is flying by, our cruise is only 2 months away.

We have another disability thing this weekend. This one is pretty close to home. Wex will have to strut his stuff again. :D

Edited by rangeley

I just wondered if everyone knows that the iaadp has alot of free products available to service dogs. We get Advantix, Cosequin, and now we are getting Welactin a fish oil supplement. I didn't know if everyone knows about these products. It saves us like 300.00 to 400.00 a year.

Just saying hello to all of you. Have been busy but try to read the notes at least every other day.

Roz have a great cruise with Horty.

I am so excited to meet Wex and his family.:D My really first, up front and in person with a service animal. I think that is so great that you have those animals to help you.

I didn't read the RCL board but some people are terrible for what they say. They should take a walk in someones elses shoes before they open their mouth.

Weekend coming up, so everyone enjoy it.

Trudy

I went to the RCI board and read the posts. What a bunch of ignorant people. If you know nothing about a subject, then you should just keep your mouth shut. But we are used to dealing with that everyday. We have a guy here who has a parrot. The thing never shuts up! He tries to pass it off as a "service bird". He's been kicked out of the senior center and many other places. He has no proof it's for any service other than to "make him feel good". He walks around with the thing on his shoulder (he's been told to keep it in a cage) and it poops all over his back. You know some of that must reach the floor. On town day, he went to the disability booth where John and Wex were, and tried to tell people it was a service bird. John couldn't get over to him fast enough the pretty much say he was a liar. People will try anything!

We have a woman here who has a little poodle. It's nasty. When we first got Wex, the dog would lunge after him everytime they saw eachother. She would tell us that the dog never does that (yeah right) and all the dogs needed to do was meet. So they met. Well 3 years later the dog still does it. The other day it did it twice, when I took him out and once when John took him out. Later that night, John went out by himself and the dog lunged at him. She says "Oh it must be the man the dog hates not the dog". OMG Can you believe her? Just admit your dog is nasty! Actually she is nasty too. Ugh I can't stand people like that.

Roz, I am so excited for you and Horty. I hope you have a great time. I am soooo jealous. Time is flying by, our cruise is only 2 months away.

We have another disability thing this weekend. This one is pretty close to home. Wex will have to strut his stuff again. :D

Parrot [yeah right!] Exactly what service does the Parrot mitigate for his owner? Far be it for me to judge......but, what? Poodle [another, yeah right!] Although, poodles are brilliant and if properly trained and cared for make wonderful pets and can do Service work.....but, that lady is raising a "little beast!"- She's so lucky, I'm not her neighbor!!!!

Thank you for your good wishes, I'm so excited.....can't wait, can't wait. Horty will be wearing his tux that Auntie Cindy made him...Soon, it will be your turn. Don't you just love the anticipation thing?

Give Wexy a "strut your stuff" hug from Auntie Roz.

Just saying hello to all of you. Have been busy but try to read the notes at least every other day.

I am so excited to meet Wex and his family.:D My really first, up front and in person with a service animal. I think that is so great that you have those animals to help you.

I didn't read the RCL board but some people are terrible for what they say. They should take a walk in someones elses shoes before they open their mouth.

Trudy

Trudy, thank you so much. This is one of my most favorite things about the cruising experience.....the anticipation of seeing that gorgeous ship in the distance, as I drive closer and closer! :D Gives me goosey's!!!!

You're so lucky to cruise with the "Cindy" gang. I hope to also, one day!

Trudy

Trudy, Wexler is very excited to be meeting you too!!!

Sunshine: Please know that I think about Rich often. I hope that he's feeling better and stronger with each succeeding day. He's definitely our hero for all that he's been through.

I know you'll be thrilled when he's finally home with you. These month's away from you and his home are grueling for all of you.

My prayers are with you.

Roz, I won't be on later so I just want to say,

013.gif

Marcia, wait a minute......YOU'RE NOT going to be out to sea when I am? What's going on here? :confused: We ALWAYS cruise at the same time.

I look forward to the day that we can!

Thank you for your good wishes, I miss you!

Have an awesome cruise Roz and Horty!!!

Cindy, thank you so much.....tell me to sit down and stop packing-up the car! There won't be any room for Horty and me if I don't stop. It's so much more fun to drive to the dock.....because it means you can bring anything and everything.

I'm looking like I'm taking a world cruise instead of just one week! This is ridiculous....I'm going to sit down and watch Paula Dean, on T.V., while she and her brother make something yummy. Whew! This sitting thing feels good!

I have to clean-up Horty's vest......Lord, he gets more hair on that thing!

Talk to you all in a week, unless I go to the computer lounge and write....I doubt it though....we'll see! Love you all!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Once again, I am way behind! Have a fantabulous time Ms. Roz and Mr. Horty. Make us proud (as usual). Can't wait for pictures......

You're right on time.....I sat down for a minute and here you are. Nancy, I always say I'm not going to take so much next time and, it winds-up that I'm taking as much and even more. This packing is insane. My friends say that it gets worse as we get older..... :o

I can't wait to be out on the open sea, cruising along, enjoying a wonderful drink and do NOTHING!!!!!!! :p

Thank you for your good wishes and I'll talk to you when I get home, if not sooner.

Take care!!!!

Hi All, I was just thinking of Roz. Of course wishing I was on a cruise right now. It's finally getting cold here and makes me think of our cruise in December. Brrrrrrrrrr:eek:

I know what you mean about the cold Cindy. I got to work this morning and turned all the thermostats from A/C to heat. It was 62 in the office. And they are predicting a very snowy winter for the east coast. :mad:

I know what you mean about the cold Cindy. I got to work this morning and turned all the thermostats from A/C to heat. It was 62 in the office. And they are predicting a very snowy winter for the east coast. :mad:

Didn't want to hear snowy! :mad:

And we are still in the mid 90's to high 90's.:eek:It cooled off, then the next week got hot again. I wish it wouldn't have teased us and just stayed hot until it got it out of it's system. The mornings are lovely, though.

OMG Nancy I don't know how you can stand the heat!! I'm not a summer person, I would rather have it cold!