Posted November 19th, 2012, 06:54 PM
We are scheduled to cruise next May from Luxor to Rome. We have a package that includes a 3 day stay in Cairo and stops in Jordan, Sharm El Sheikh, Overnight in Haifa Israel, stops in Tel Aviv and Cyprus. all the other ports I think will be fine but not sure if I should take my chances or cancel prior to final payment in Feb. We chose this Regent cruise because of the ports. If we cannot go to Egypt and Israel that is at least 5 ports that could be a problem. I need advice from those of you who might have encountered this.
We are due to go on P&O Aurora on 23rd,Nov 12 Alexandria (Cairo) was already cancelled when we booked, Ashod ( Israel) was cancelled recently. Haifa decision is still " being closely monitored " according to P & O with only 4 days before we sail. Cancellation of Haifa which surely must be the only decision will leave a six day gap in the cruise. Even at this late stage we have not been given an option to cancel or informed of any change of destinations. So you will have to decide what to do yourself. We are also due to call at Vigo, Lisbon and Athens ports which have had problems / cancellations because of strikes and violence because of the Euro austerity measures. I suppose it depends on your cruise line how quickly they decide to alter the ports of call. Hope you have a good holiday wherever you go.